Surfer Singed Rides in with a Gnarly Sale

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trashcam

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHusky View Post
Still don't care about skins, We want answers as to why Finales Funkeln was changed.
From Surrenderat20.com which in turn got it from these forums.

"One of the bigger discussion points of this patch was Lux's ultimate being renamed from "Finales Funkein" to "Infinite Light". Ymir, the English Community Coordinator, gave the forums a taste of the thought process behind the change:
"If we were making Lux today, weíd never name her ult ĎFinales Funkelní today. Hereís why:

Itís an incomprehensible in-joke thatís an obscure reference.
Itís a tip of the hat to another characterís ability from another game thatís been translated into German. This is unintelligible to most people, because they donít get the joke. This is not pandering to the lowest common denominator Ė weíre talking about the vast majority of our players around the world here.

Itís hard to pronounce.
No, not just because itís German. Once again, this isnít about the lowest common denominator.

It doesnít even come close to conveying what the ability does.
And Infinite Light does. Yeah, yeah, itís not a global ability, but it's a pretty big ******* laser. A little hyperbole is just fine by us. We considered translating the name directly from German to English as ďFinal Spark,Ē but felt reference to electricity didnít feel like Lux."
While this chunk was the meat and potatoes of the post, I'd recommend you check out the rest of it if this something you feel passionately about, as the change is live right now and I doubt we'll be seeing it reverted."

AdamantSentinel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

I read this in my best "beach bum" voice. XD

RebornArcobaleno

08-02-2012

Seeing a lot of ziggs skin on sale >_>

LokitoSpaK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

and skin of shaco? plsssssssssss riot!

Aze Naku

08-02-2012

Tubular

ZzRadio

08-02-2012

These sales are making me want to shoot myself.

DJGrego

08-02-2012

Make a rumble skin now!!

Reverend Zeratul

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHusky View Post
Still don't care about skins, We want answers as to why Finales Funkeln was changed.
It's already been answered. Read Riot's announcements more closely.

Personally I'm very interested in seeing how Soraka's remake turns out, and how the remodeling/rerigging will affect her Divine skin.

Vocust

08-02-2012

dang it i just got the ziggs skin D:

hlnanimefreak

08-02-2012

I don't like this sale.