The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TML Dastealer

08-02-2012

The poke given by his augment: death is too powerful, unless there is a super situationnal mid needing us to take another augment, we will all go for the death one.

I started playing Viktor because I was told he was really fun to play, versatile and quite challenging to master

Jaeger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

He was one of the first new champs around the time I started playing a lot and he sounded awesome. His kit has a lot of disruption and poke, with very good damage behind it. One of the few things I don't like about him, is compared to the damage Death gives you, bonus health or range do not suffice. His other augments need more bang for the buck, possibly amplfying the duration of the Stun on his W or making him shield his allies that his Q pass through (Think Lux).

Also, his Q at times is weak, since you need to get in their face and early game can cause more harm than helpfulness.

Merregnon

08-02-2012

Non-Viktor player here (EU: Assurhaddon) :
His damage is amazing, I'm afraid of facing Viktors (got crushed several times) - his damage is amazing and fine.
His CC (W) is clunky, the augments other than the E one suck. His laser seems to have big bugs (devastating for him and his enemies aswell). His teamfight presence is too depending on his ultimate.

His Q should get increased scaling, it doesn't do much damage lategame.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

08-02-2012

Non-Viktor player:

It seemed like I was required to spend hard earned gold on spell upgrades that should have been inclusive in his kit (or at least W did -- probably generalizing here). Gravity Field is almost impossible to use for anything more meaningful than "ohsh!the'sonmePRESSALLTHEBUTTONS" if you didn't Augment it, but if you did Augment it you felt like you were being ripped off. Power Transfer's shield aspect implies that it should be his primary trading tool, as the shield will mitigate counter-harass, but the cast range and missile speed are too low for this to be true -- most spells that are good for counter-harass are instant, have much longer range, or are fire-and-forget-while-walking-away. His auto-attack animation felt somewhat restrictive, making last-hitting somewhat difficult, and when combined with Q's usability issues I felt more compelled to use Q to last hit instead, wasting valuable mana. The DoT on Chaos Storm feels pretty irrelevant without a Rylai, but such a utility item sets you back too far when considering the "lost" item slot for the Augment itself. Augment: Death feels like a requirement to break even on the inventory slot, but at the same time feels the most lackluster to use compared to the benefits of Augment: Gravity's usability improvement.

Overall assessment:

My personal opinion is that Viktor is a "jack of all trades" who is forced to pick a specialization. The problem is that 1 specialization gives so much more offensive effectiveness than either of the others do. The most critical problem I had in my experience with Viktor is that if I don't go with Augment: Death, I do almost no damage, but if I don't use Augment: Gravity, I pretty much can't use Gravity Field for anything other than blocking a choke-point after having lost a teamfight while I'm running for my life -- then watching half the team either Flash over it, or run through it before it can stun them. And with so much riding on the decision between those 2 Augments, Augment: Power is just a non-factor.

Specifically targeting Gravity Field -- I honestly can't think of any reason why the innate version of the spell is so difficult to use when Veigar does so much more damage in so much less time while getting a nearly guaranteed stun out of Event Horizon, which is also much easier to use. Both spells serve roughly the same purpose for each champion, but Veigar's is far larger, has a longer cast range, and is almost a guaranteed stun. Then while you're stunned he turns you into a smoking crater. If by some unfortunate mishap you're close enough to Viktor for him to even use Gravity Field on you, he should already be dead by the time it stuns you. Honestly, the only 2 champions Gravity Field is good at shutting down in lane are Kat and AP Yi

Kr1sys

08-02-2012

I would like the ability to play him, but when was the last time he was free? Hard to weigh in as a nonplayer with an expensive rp/ip cost if he's rarely free.

Obediah Genocide

08-02-2012

I'm not sure what got me to play him, I just like how he looks, sounds, and feels. Honestly I like his kit, great power with good utility. My main issue is that I only use one augmentation, augment death (the laser one). The other two paths don't give me enough to justify using them.

Exinoxics

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

i play viktor cause he is op.
seriously

Renaito Yuujou

08-02-2012

I like Viktor, I like his lore, I like his appearance/animations, I like his voice, and I really like his death ray. Gravity field is really cool, though still probably a one point wonder. I question the purpose and implementation of power transfer: Is it supposed to allow him to get into close quarters safely with his opponent? And if so, why? Viktor has a pretty decent range on the rest of his kit, what's the point in getting a shield to go in on your opponents with? Now, you could make an argument about power transfer being used to give yourself some breathing room when the enemy Jax/Malphite/Leona/Irelia comes crashing down onto you, but a little shield isn't going to do much in that regard. And don't let anyone lie to you: Viktor's ult hurts. One of the most underappreciated ults in the game, I think.

Other than power transfer, the only change I want to see on Viktor is his augments (besides death) being made more desirable. Not necessarily more powerful, but more worth taking into consideration to buy. As for how to do this, I dunno, I haven't given it much thought (then again, I'm not paid to give it much thought either).

ChiefBvrcleaver

08-02-2012

I started playing Viktor because he was a bad-ass robot that would let me essentially build any kind of mage I wanted to. The more I played him the more I realized that his "passive" started to take up space. I wouldn't mind as much if we could upgrade them further or perhaps "fuse" them with other cores to get both and possibly SLIGHTLY boosted effects of said cores. (essentially his passive is +3ap per level that takes up an item slot)

The changes to his Q were spot on and I think its in a good place right now.

his W's range is super short even with the blue core the slow is amazing but its really hard to hit that stun early level unless you chain slow/stun into it.

his E with Core is ridiculously awesome and amazing... when it doesn't bug. Viktors E has had a glitchy appearance for a long while where it sometimes vanishes. Also its a little on the slow side, perhaps add some sort of interaction where it can be sped up if it passes through his W or R?

His ulti is fine as is in my opinion.

Bob Ficus

08-02-2012

I like Viktor for the amount of use he brings to at team fight. What I do not like about him is that the augment power is not as good as the other two with death providing a great DOT and gravity with the longer range and CDR. Basically I would like all the augments to be useful in different types of situations.