The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

02-13-2013

Bump for the Glorious Evolution!

Think God

02-13-2013

can u pls buff him already?

Shady Beings

02-13-2013

Eh, seen people play him, never seen anything crazy or amazing coming out of him.

IMO he looks like a weaker Cass.

Desmond Law

02-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexko9 View Post
Eh, seen people play him, never seen anything crazy or amazing coming out of him.

IMO he looks like a weaker Cass.
You have yet to watch me play

Think God

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solcrushed View Post
Alright guys, I will be looking at Viktor and his augments as my next project after Xin Zhao. Since the mega-thread when I was working on Xin was quite helpful, why not do another one on Viktor?

Viktor players: Why did you decide to play Viktor and what do you like/dislike the most about him currently?

Non-Viktor players: Have you ever even considered playing Viktor or played him in the past? If so, what turned you off Viktor/what did not meet your expectations?

Any kind of general observations/suggestions about Viktor is also welcome!

As with the Xin thread, I will not be replying to most of your posts but I sure will be reading them.

THE EVOLUTION IS NOT-REALLY-SOON(TM)
i like his ability to poke from far range and cc a group team fight.. i dislike his long cooldowns, his unique passive steals iteam slot. and did i mention his long cooldowns?

if you were to buff him cut all of his cooldowns nearly by atleast 35% buff his augument or remove it from iteam slot. just compare ryze to viktor and see how much viktor needs buffs

Helmight

02-15-2013

I don't own Viktor, but I do really like him as a champion in-game and as a character. That's the primary reason I play him whenever he's free and one of these days when I have a spare 6300 IP lying around I'll likely buy him.

I think his E is a pretty fantastic poke tool early game and his Q is an effective way to win trades, since that shield mitigates anything the opponent does. The W was a nice touch since it gives him an escape mechanism, which I think most AP mids don't have.

His flaws however are many. The E is the most impractical and difficult to use skillshot in the game and it's practically impossible to quickly aim and fire it during teamfights or even during the laning phase. His ult as well is also difficult to employ properly - as one used to playing Mordekaiser, I hit the alt button to try to control it, only to remember too late that it's R that I have to use. The Hex Core is also a notable disadvantage to Viktor, since he can't sell it or change any of the augments if he decides that he picked the wrong one. Mid-game, the Hex Core feels moderately useful. Late-game though, I wish that I could get rid of it for something else.

I think that giving the Hex Core additional augments would greatly enhance its abilities. I see an improved Hex Core as being kind of like Kha'Zix's evolutions. You start with the item at level one, but cannot upgrade it until you rank up your ult at level six. Once you've chosen an augment, that augment gets steadily stronger as you continue to rank up your ult. So, for example, the Augment: Death would start off by giving Viktor +3 AP per champion level and +30 AP (down from the base 45 that it currently gives), and then would scale up to something like 60 AP.

Alternatively, just give Viktor an item that can be improved more than just once. After upgrading to the Augment: Death, allow him to spend additional gold afterwards to turn it into the Augment: Ultimate Death or something like that. I know I've talked a lot about the Hex Core, but that's honestly the worst part of him in my opinion.

8 Bit Astronaut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Bump for the Glorious Evolution!

Desmond Law

02-15-2013

I played against a Kat and got decimated.
I think the problem are his cast times. Unless you learn the microseconds it takes to cast his spells, you won't be able to fight well.

The Q must be timed to come back before you take damage.
The W must be timed to be thrown at a prediction's location.
E as well.

8 Bit Astronaut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond Law View Post
I played against a Kat and got decimated.
I think the problem are his cast times. Unless you learn the microseconds it takes to cast his spells, you won't be able to fight well.

The Q must be timed to come back before you take damage.
The W must be timed to be thrown at a prediction's location.
E as well.
Viktor is a really safe pick vs Kat... Idunno how you're playing Vik

Think God

02-16-2013