The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fiddlebro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alachdanan View Post
Saw the new change on Viktor Q? It is pretty awesome in my opinion, You now get an amount of shield which is something like 40/80/120/160/200/ and now the awesome part + AP !!!!

Finally not only Deathray anymore, Power Augment FTW

The change to power transfer is actually awful. If you want any form of a shield late game you have to level it over the far more useful deathray. It used to be a one point wonder that was just okay in lane.

BigBaR0n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Viktor is just not quite my playstyle. He's awesome, but not for me :P
He is pretty cool though.

SolairGotSwag

01-25-2013

i looked at viktor and played him during a free weak my favorite thing is whenever i play him i can say I AM PLAY VIKTOR-REY (hehe get it viktorey?) i didnt like it since he couldnt change his augments after got one i mean you can sell all items but his augment the couple times i played his i got the red one then i needed to change it for more stun range i just dont like that

ZaganJustice

01-25-2013

Responding to OP, everytime I pick viktor, I always feel like I should have just gone veigar instead
I'm not the best mid player, I'll give you that, but it seems as though he suffers from the same issue as sejuani in my mind; he doesn't do anything particularly well enough to warrant picking him over another champ who does one of the things you want him for better

Fiddlebro

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaganJustice View Post
Responding to OP, everytime I pick viktor, I always feel like I should have just gone veigar instead
I'm not the best mid player, I'll give you that, but it seems as though he suffers from the same issue as sejuani in my mind; he doesn't do anything particularly well enough to warrant picking him over another champ who does one of the things you want him for better

Try playing him as a counter initiator, I've had the most success this way. Drop your W after the enemy tries to engage on you, that slow AND stun can easily turn things around for you. Your ult is great for stopping channels since it has a silence. If you manage to hit a bunch of enemies with your laser and chase them around with your ult, your team should be able to clean up for you. Save your Q if you need the shield or have to land that one last hit on someone. I have more success with Vik after laning phase is over. I feel Q should be his primary harass tool, but the range is so bad it's difficult to.

Phil Nye

01-25-2013

Q change is really a tooltip update more than anything, the previous one was terribly worded (still does the same thing).

How to tell: on live, use Viktor Q on minions, then Q on champions. If the 40% really is affected by resistance, the shield values should be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cononymous View Post
Try playing him as a counter initiator, I've had the most success this way. Drop your W after the enemy tries to engage on you, that slow AND stun can easily turn things around for you. Your ult is great for stopping channels since it has a silence. If you manage to hit a bunch of enemies with your laser and chase them around with your ult, your team should be able to clean up for you. Save your Q if you need the shield or have to land that one last hit on someone. I have more success with Vik after laning phase is over. I feel Q should be his primary harass tool, but the range is so bad it's difficult to.
^This. I actually like using him somewhat against Diana/Akali or other more commiting AP assassins, he's very good at disrupting their initiation/combo and counter-bursting, and he bullies them in lane pretty well too with cheap Q harass.

iCarry NA

01-28-2013

I'm sure the thousands of summoners who view this thread daily would really appreciate some sort of response or reassurance that you are still working on him, or that you are even reading anything in this forum, I see a lot of solid and creative ideas that you can take into consideration. WE LOVE YOU RIOT.

Daedälus

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlor View Post
I'm sure the thousands of summoners who view this thread daily would really appreciate some sort of response or reassurance that you are still working on him, or that you are even reading anything in this forum, I see a lot of solid and creative ideas that you can take into consideration. WE LOVE YOU RIOT.
I know right? They haven't commented on this forum since October of last year... An update would be nice or even some acknowledgement that they are even reading this... C'mon Riot.

jefffroson

01-29-2013

For all the people who think his e is impossible to aim just click and drag.
As for balance I find his passive is strong and augment death makes his e very powerful however the fact that it takes up 1 item slot is very annoying at times. Between that and boots you can only really get 4 damage or defense items.
Also I find that his w is underused and underpowered. I think if you buffed the range by 1 or 2 hundred it might help.
Also make a skin that actually changes his abilities.

When done with victor please make yorick and trundle skins

Sheogorath

01-30-2013

Solcrushed where did you go??? I understand you won't reply to ALL posts, but you could give us a little update!!