The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swinney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

I don't like that his passive is "This champion can only have 5 items."

Edit: 50+ Upvotes and not even on the first page. *Hint Hint*

I think this dislike I have can be mitigated if the augment changed his role somehow. For example he could go support Viktor if Augment: Power allowed you to shield allies but lowered the damage of Power Transfer. Augment Death would remain the same. Augment: Gravity on the other hand, I have no ideas for that could really help this. Maybe it could make Viktor immune to reposition and knockups if he is in, thus a tanky option. I don't really know.

Super Explosion

08-02-2012

NotTipsy

08-02-2012

Invisible laser needs to be fixed.

CartoonCharles

08-02-2012

I think Viktor has strong early and late game already, due to his early farming and poking power and his late game AoE effects (Chaos Storm, Gravity Field) make him very strong in teamfights (the ratio on Chaos Storm alone is 2.3 per ability power; that's the same ratio as Crowstorm). However, I bought Viktor with the intention of being able to adapt to the match using his variety of cores. Unfortunately, out of three cores, I see myself using Death Core the most because of the ability power bonus and the boosted Death Ray ratio. To a lesser extent, I use Gravity Core because of the CDR bonus and the extended reach on Gravity Field, but I never see myself using Power Core because I find its health and health regeneration bonuses underwhelming.

About Power Core: Rylai's Crystal Scepter and Rod of Ages have health bonuses much more impressive than the mere 220 health, and the +6 regen per 5secs looks and feels very unimpressive, not just because mages rarely use health regeneration items, but also because +6 health regen is extremely small! Doran's Shield alone gives +8 regen, and many other items with health regen dwarf it noticeably.

Besides, even if it gave more health regen, why regen in the first place? Power Core almost feels like some kind of bizarre support item, with the subpar health bonus, health regen, and mediocre ability power bonus. the speed boost it gives to Power Transfer is definitely interesting, but the first thing I think of when I look at its stats is not "Tanky Mage Item". Items in that category are items like the aforementioned Rylai's and Rod of Ages, Zhonya's Hourglass, and Abyssal Scepter, items with much larger boosts that make you more sturdy in the face of immediate damage. Returning to my complain on health regen, I can understand why tanks and supports would want it: Lifesteal and spellvamp are useless due to their lack of damage output. A mage, by definition, deals large amounts of magic damage, so why not spellvamp? Why not some armor or magic resist?

On another note, I think everybody also agrees that the ability power bonuses on Gravity Core and Power Core are underwhelming, barely breaching 50 AP at level 18. Why are these bonuses so low, when many other ability power items give over 70 AP?

Anialator100

08-02-2012

in the end, the only real viable augment is death, the other 2 are a waist of a slot mostly.

Lord Gwyn

08-02-2012

I have played Vik on his freeweek, and he is a rather lovely champ aside from a few things.

His laser. It is still rather buggy, and sometimes the animation fails, and the laser stays in one spot.

Most of everything else is fine, except the fact that his augments are not very good for lategame aside from the laser augment. At least rework them or make it possible for level 3 augments.

gucciswagz

08-02-2012

i like viktor because of his burst

i hate his low mana regen but thats irrelevant

I just hate how augment death is the only one that is worth getting, and they take up slots, and cost gold to upgrade.

Posotoligist

08-02-2012

Viktor seems like a one-trick pony.
Even with his augments it still seems like it.

edit: non-viktor player

He has a close range damage skill
he has a long range damage skill
he has an aoe stun
an aoe silence

There doesn't seem to be any...
What's the word... flow when using your skills.
Outside of augments, is he burst/sustained/poke?

i dont know i see viktors unleash their combo and it felt unsatisfying

Tarics Undies

08-02-2012

His invisible laser is super OP. Can't dodge what you can't see

SKT1 Seto Kaiba

08-02-2012

More than one augment.