The true evolution

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chankodi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrix View Post
Personal build choice is a factor in this, but no matter your build choice, Viktor's passive limits your late game options.

You usually build the augment fairly early into the game or at least somewhere in mid. By the time it hits late and the possibility of a full build is approaching, the decision you made early on cannot be changed to fit anything that might have changed about the tide of the game.

If you find that you are needing more defense later on because you are getting focused, or you need something that packs even more punch, you have to factor in that you are playing with 4 actual items + whatever your augment is.

In other words, the augment is chosen early on and you have less space for options for important decisions later on in the game.
Personal build choice does not change the fact that Augment Death is the third highest AP item. It cost you only 1,000 gold. That's nothing. It gives you such a huge advantage early/mid game that late game should never come.

Please give me a specific example. A situation and your item build. Then, explain to me how Augment Death held you back in that situation. Outside of "well, I was building AD Viktor" I cannot fathom a circumstance that 99 AP would suddenly be less than optimal than one of the other four items you could sell.

lRaon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

More upgrades in their arguments because viktor has a slot at least compared to other characters.

An improvement that also serve to modify his ultimate interest somewhere between tier 3 or 4, which put an extra effect or increase the range of cloud

BigCatsjiji

Recruiter

08-04-2012

I'm new to this. But I've been playing Viktor since he came out; His "E" is not reliable for a utility skill. A suggested idea for "Augment Gravity" It should slow enemies more and increase the duration of his stun. And another idea for "Augment Power" should bounce up to 5 enemies similer to ryze's "spell flux" and only give a shield for the first target it hits.

Thank You For Reading This. Hope Viktor Becomes Top Tier Mid.

HlkT

08-04-2012

Why not just make it so he can purchase all 3 augments with diminishing returns as you get to your last choice of augments, then it would really feel like you were getting the most out of his passive/item slot loss. Example: You augment Death for full effect and then augment grav for only half the stats and then aug a third time for like 1/3 the stats of the originals. By end game he will have actually kinda evolved which goes with his theme.

Sir Sheogorath

08-04-2012

bump

Sir Sheogorath

08-04-2012

bump

ContraParadox

Recruiter

08-04-2012

ive always wanted viktor..

Pomf Pomf Pomf

08-04-2012

there are items that would be better then his augment late game.

Ryster

08-04-2012

From my eyes as a non-viktor player:

Viktor is either a hit or miss champ. If you get 1 kill early, you will carry your team no prob into late game where hopefully your team can still win as Viktor seems to fall off late game. Whether that be his scaling or the fact he only has 5 real item choices, I'll let the viktor players decide that.

To make viktor more appealing and useful to play, I would be looking for more utility in his kit. So far, I have only seen viktors get the augment that enhances his damage, the name escapes me since I never really played him more than the free week after he came out.

What I mean by utility: If annie doesn't get super fed, say maybe 3/3/8 and semi decent CS. She can do some slight damage late game but she has the spells and CDR to stun multiple times throughout a team fight if not focused. Viktor is kinda screwed since his stun/slow bubble has a long cd. Don't get me wrong, that bubble is OP when used by a skilled viktor, but misplaced, viktor may have just died.
Next, his shield from his q seems outplace, I mean its nice, but you can't just give viktor a shield, force him to use it to do damage when he either wont need the shield at all, or it is too late and he will die regardless of having a shield.

My suggestions(not all together, just possible changes):
1. Let his q go off without interrupting his movement. Slightly reduce the damage, just a bit to compensate. Will help with running around away and still getting a shield, similar to morg.

2.Give his augments second tier augments to make his late game on par with others. Have 1 build a second tier with more damage. 1 with more defense and 1 with more utility.
2b. The attack and defense second tier augments would be kinda easy, just give them more Mpen and AP or MR and armor/better shield. But for the utility, maybe decrease the cd of his bubble and maybe adding a Blind to his ultimate. I mean he has no real defense from an ad carry/ad assassin other than a small shield and the game needs more blinds. Also makes sense that a giant electric storm right in your face would blind you.
3. Last and most obvious. FIX HIS LASER! It is impossible to play against a viktor when his laser is invisible half the time. =/

Those are my suggestions, from a non-viktor player. Just my ideas I could think of.
I have not read anyone else's idea, so if we have similar ideas, I did not steal them, I just was blabbering >.< good luck with viktor and the glorious evolution!

Sir Sheogorath

08-04-2012

bump