Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leib Olmai

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryotra View Post
Ima repost this, as Heimerdinger players get no answer ever, and you seem to still be posting.

What have you learned, if anything, from your treatment of heimerdinger, and the summoners who play/played him?

He was nerfed HARD, after repeated nerfs, you guys denied the final blow was a nerf, forgot about him for more than 2 years, dealing with the entire stealth rework in the process, ignoring every heimerdinger thread, even the top heimerdinger player stopped playing him competitively, and most stopped playing him at all. Then you release Zyra, that replaces heimerdinger in every way, leaving no reason to choose Heimerdinger if you can chose Zyra. This treatment is something you have never done before, and I want to know that all this neglect at least taught you something.
That's the thing.
YOU ARE CLUELESS.

They are working on heimerdinger.
They gave alot of detail about it. There's alot of stuff that feral pony tried but failed and posted about it.
Now Xypherous is on it and is working on making it better, we even had a "leak" about what could happen to him and Riot already answered that heimer haven't been forgotten.

They even talked about Zyra/Heimer comparaison.

They can't repeat themself over and over just because you don't catch their post :/.

Epiras

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
But responding to the community IS part of their work!
fair enough.

MAILMOTHERDUCKER

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I see - understood. We've had a really hard time supporting other game modes, but the good news isn't we're working on this, we've solved the fundamental problem and now can do what we need to here - actually support them!

Nome is actually personally in charge of TT and Dominion updating, and it's something we're taking seriously. Due to some of the challenges Tryndamere talked about, this is later than we like, but it's something we can actually address now. "We're working on it" from a standpoint of actually working ON it, instead of working on fixing how we do this
another promise that is going to not be made.

Zerglinator

08-06-2012

tyrnd poultry shout the community too stronk

Crazylockdown

08-06-2012

Tryndamere, I appreciate the honesty.

In some of your posts you basically said that you guys are having high expenses and therefore expect high revenues therefore you are not sure whether lowering IP prices on things is reasonable for business.
You expect players to reward your work by purchasing RP.

Although I find this tough for new players who aren't looking to spend money, I understand the logic behind it. Thank you again for being honest, I can respect that instead of some propaganda lies that other Rioters were throwing out there.

MTaur

08-06-2012

The retiring of the legendary skins looked really shady. I really don't know what Riot thought would happen. I might have even considered some of them at a discount. Nothing that has been said so far has countered the notion that it was a matter of brushing it under the rug.

(Some red posts fished for Magnificent TF ideas, promising an overhaul. Fast forward, short red post in GD - not the announcements, just GD - that, hahaha, they're not on sale and they're not overhauled, they're just going away nao. They're not good enough to keep in the store, but they're too good to put on sale, and we're not fixing them.)

Radiant Being

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
If we did that, then you're right, that is terrible.

What is the responsibility of leadership in this case (like me)? It's to ensure that the people who handle these situations understand what went poorly, how our actions are misaligned with our ideals and then we try to learn from it so if there is another situation we can do better in the future.

That's what we try to do - but again, we don't bat 1,000 (but I think we're still pretty F'ing cool).
You guys are definitely cool! Haters gonna hate and trollers gonna troll, can't change that. You guys provide so much awesome content and provide me and millions of others with a one of the most kick*** games of all time. Keep doing what you're doing.

Signed,

A Satisfied Player

DreamLeviathan

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAILMOTHERDUCKER View Post
Ah, yes, the ultimate profit for a company: Hiring and paying someone to do a job and then not having them do it. Thank god you cracked their conspiracy.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

I don't know how much this will help, but do you think it's possible to have a system that shows a Rioter has looked at a thread.

I'm going to guess that the amount of times a Rioter replies to threads around here is dwarfed by the amount they actually looked at a thread. Some Rioters outright point out that they read feedbacks even if they haven't replied to it before.

Taking into consideration how often a thread can be bumped just to get a response over any specific issue, perhaps it could be useful if there was a tiny tag next to a thread to indicate that a Red has entered the thread before but didn't reply? If a red has looked it over and hasn't replied, it probably means the request is rejected or something else, in any case, it'd remove the need to bump a particular thread(unfortunate, but better than the current system)

Zerglinator

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAILMOTHERDUCKER View Post
Dude, dude, dude.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but...

the Stealth Rework happened.

Take that in for a bit.