Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siikes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Double post, but also a bump. Must keep this thread alive.

Krebstar

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominatius Maxim View Post
First of all, the original poster included a list of items he believed have not been "responded to." It's not up to interpretation as to which issues he's referring to, because he listed them.

Second of all, what you're suggesting I did is a lose lose situation for me. Either I address that I don't know what he's talking about because his subject matter is too vague, or I ignore it and open myself up to "well what about this?" I opted to address the issue.

Riot has been very clear about their reasoning for various buffs and nerfs to champions, supports included. I don't know what you're talking about here.

I don't know what you're getting at here. Clearly they're working on finding a fix for these technical issues. There's no discussion to have. Everyone, Riot included, agrees these issues are problematic. What exactly would Riot or anyone else have to gain by discussing it? Absolutely nothing.
My post was addressing the two points in the OP's list that you completely wrote off: "major situations" and "legitimate concerns within game". I find it amusing that you argue the OP's post is very clear in which items he's listing, yet try to ignore those two points because they're not clear enough for you - no attempt at a counter to those points, just write them off... In the same way you accuse the OP of fluffing his list w/ empty points, you are including points to which you provide no counter in YOUR list, fluffing it too. In any case, if that's still not clear enough for you, consider them MY argument on the matter instead (I couldn't care less about RP compensation, skins, or skin prices, as they don't affect my gameplay at all).

Riot has NOT been clear about their justifications for support nerfs. Go find me the thread I expect you're referencing where Morello talks at length about the support nerfs...but only talks about Soraka the whole time. "The reason sustain is bad is because Soraka is toxic" "Soraka makes bot lanes boring...so we're nerfing Janna too" Not to mention the serious concerns that these repeated nerfs are weakening the support class as a whole. Again, if you can find me posts (multiple, as almost all of the supports have been nerfed multiple times) addressing non-Soraka nerfs, I'd love to see them.

I haven't even seen them acknowledge the technical issues - how do you know they're working on it? You have faith that they are, but you don't know. The discussion would be this acknowledgment or maybe some search for clarification on what the matter is. As to your question of what Riot gains by discussing such matters: What does Riot gain by discussing anything? It's the same here - providing a line of communication and interaction with the community.

I honestly don't know a nice way to put this, but you seem extremely close-minded. You post the same post 3 times in a thread, and are seemingly surprised when the OP doesn't declare the thread solved and closed. Have you ever considered that maybe YOU have missed the point, not the rest of the people in the thread? Maybe your "answer" wasn't satisfactory, or even correct? I mean, we all post our opinions in threads, but to post 3x and be playing both sides of simple issues like clarity in the OPs post or how your interpretation is correct but someone else can't possibly know what was intended... Idk, for those of us who don't care about the RP, skins, or pricing, your list of posts is pretty much irrelevant, and I don't believe you'll find the same list of posts for in-game issues like those I brought up. Feel free to prove me wrong, but make sure you're actually proving something and not just arguing that your interpretation is the correct one.

bunies

08-06-2012

yea, just an fyi it wasnt like this before RIOT games was bought out by a chinese company

The Roonage

08-06-2012

what a ****ing heap of ****.

Cooldude1234

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunies View Post
yea, just an fyi it wasnt like this before RIOT games was bought out by a chinese company
Exactly. Although Riot has said Tencent let's them do whatever they want..maybe they are jsut saying that because the Overlords are always watching!

Alenos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

bump

TehMightyMidget

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoloredNoise View Post
i have information relevant to op.

I've collected all of these quotes before they were deleted (the red ones anyway) ENJOY.

Edit: I made a topic concerning these quotes shortly after the 1k riot point issue. Riot deleted my thread three times, and I was suspended from the forums for a few days.

Edit: Relevant thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2272087
This dude knows what he's talking about.

Gløry

08-06-2012

they have addressed some of these topics. like lux's ult and magnificent TF. if you didn't like their response, tough. they DID comment and explain their stance in these two cases at least.

aTerritorial oak

08-06-2012

bump

DeathBringer7

08-06-2012

Vote up. XD