Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gallant Spike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

I don't think Reds post in those threads, but they certainly look at them in their spare time. If the thread is about someone rambling like a child about how they weren't "compensated" because of an issue concerning logins during a certain time frame which didn't include them, I'd have a very good reason not to listen, let alone reply.

Most of all, Riot likes to have fun with the community and answer questions about bugs and art related changes to their game outside the wants/needs of the community. Legendary skins made 3 years ago aren't changed because it costs Riot too much to rework a skin which was made 3 years ago using new material, an issue which keeps Magnificent TF and Red Baron Corki in the dust.

Thats unhealthy

08-02-2012

You ever wonder WHY? Maybe it's so some random person doesn't comment on something, putting their foot in their mouth before a definitive answer is made? One Riot post determines what we all conceive as their entire company's view on the subject. I'm sure they've sent more than a few e-mails about the Finales Funkeln deal, and they were developing a pure consensus on why they made that change.

MiltonTheButcher

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
If they read but don't reply, we feel ignored. We feel like they don't care. You say that Morello or Iron Stylus respond to this kind of thing, why don't they? There is no reason for them to not acknowledge that we AREN'T being ignored.
Hypotheticals, but.

Maybe they are finding information out before they can present it.
Maybe it is still being discussed internally and they don't want to give false information.
Maybe it is being handled by someone else (i.e. marketing/pr) and they have no control over it.

It could be a lot of things. And yes, the problem with how active they are is that when they're quiet it looks like it is being ignored. However, if they could tell you everything and trust that we wouldn't flip out about every little detail, don't you think they would? Have you been to other game official forums? Even in the most "developer involved" communities you're lucky to see maybe one or two dev posts a day, and usually that is from the community team. Here we have artists, Quality Assurance, programmers, designers, producers, and even the president drops in on occasion.

Riot cares. Their business model (how they get money) is based on them having to care. At the same time though, they can't respond to every question. They can't drop everything at all times to respond to every issue, even the big ones. When they can, they do. But it is unreasonable to think they can do it all the time.

MaybeitsMalzahar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Waiting for a wild Phreak to jump in and say "Tons of damage"

Aruaet

08-02-2012

Not to mention all the posts in pointless threads, that is what really bugs me

Blankwave

08-02-2012

While I don't disagree with many of these points, I still find it mindbogglingly pathetic that people are still crying about the name of Lux's ult. I really can't get to a point where I give a **** what they name anyone's abilities, and I though more of this community would fall under that mindset as well. That being said, sometimes it's refreshing to get some legit and honest responses to topics that don't involve a teaser for a chogath skin every 12 hours without actually giving any tangible time-frame for release, because the threads asking when it will actually come out will be largely ignored.

Eph289

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
They never said no to the 1k RP situation, after the initial post, they refused to say anything else other than Pendragon's half-excuse. If they said no, I WOULD BE HAPPY
They said all new champs will be 6.3k with reductions on older ones, but they haven't reduced older ones
I'd be fine if they said it's not worth their time to overhaul older legendaries, but they offered no other compromise.
At this point, I don't think anything I say, or Riot says, would satisfy you other than complete acquiescence to your little crusade.

Would you kindly shut up if I provide you with Riot posts/actions on 2/3 of the things you listed here, or are you not done ranting?

OH NO ITS LU BU

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelberan View Post
Hypotheticals, but.

Maybe they are finding information out before they can present it.
Maybe it is still being discussed internally and they don't want to give false information.
Maybe it is being handled by someone else (i.e. marketing/pr) and they have no control over it.

It could be a lot of things. And yes, the problem with how active they are is that when they're quiet it looks like it is being ignored. However, if they could tell you everything and trust that we wouldn't flip out about every little detail, don't you think they would? Have you been to other game official forums? Even in the most "developer involved" communities you're lucky to see maybe one or two dev posts a day, and usually that is from the community team. Here we have artists, Quality Assurance, programmers, designers, producers, and even the president drops in on occasion.

Riot cares. Their business model (how they get money) is based on them having to care. At the same time though, they can't respond to every question. They can't drop everything at all times to respond to every issue, even the big ones. When they can, they do. But it is unreasonable to think they can do it all the time.
I went to type this exact same post and then realized it'd fall on deaf ears. I just want you to know I read it. ;]

OH NO ITS LU BU

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruaet View Post
Not to mention all the posts in pointless threads, that is what really bugs me
Nobody on staff should ever be allowed to engage in non-critical discussions on the General Discussion forum. Regardless of their job.

KitStylus

08-02-2012

Like a red once said, listening is not the same as doing something about it. They listen alright...

This is a business so making money is the #1 concern and their decisions are based on this...

Over priced skins
Over priced champions
Changes that make the global community "happy"
(China overlords cant pronounced Finales Funkeln)
Meager IP
Overpriced Runes and Runepages

of course we wont like it. But making $$$ is the bottom line.

Lol has very little competition on the Free online game right now
What are our alternatives? Hon (sucks) or other 5 year MMO
that's gone free to play?

Since LoL has no competition, their selling every champion and
every skin at their prices. Until other options become avaiable for
us and the market becomes more competitive (Dota2 Guildwars?)
Then these prices and these issues will stay.

Is not even the Reds fault, their just employees, they dont hold the
purse they dont make business decisions is people higher up, maybe
not even american.

Economics 101