Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dokmazing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

My only complaints with this game are the random permanent bans people are given and the ridiculously overpriced 6300 ip which is about 100 games.

Sporaktu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Um, yes it does.

Why do people work at Riot? To MAKE THE MONIES!?!?

Nope.

We work here because they want to delight you guys with awesome games.

Do we need to make money to keep the lights on and to ensure that we can continue to make awesome games?

Yes.

If you have a different solution, I'd love to hear your idea. You'd probably win a Nobel prize for Economics, so let's hear it!
I'm responding to Tryndamere because I couldn't find the message he quoted from ;(.

Not to seem like I'm changing the topic, but its in Riot's defense. Why does everyone assume that the word "Corporation" is synonymous with greedy, money-loving, evil, and "out to get the customer"? Sure there are companies, and people, like that, but most companies are founded by people who genuinely want to do something for other people. I'm sure many folks will agree with me on this, but working for money sucks. It may seem like a great thing to get a fat paycheck, and its certainly a nice bonus, but if you hate your job, your life will become miserable really quickly. I'm pretty sure Tryndamere is the President of his company (not to mention he has said it several times in this thread) not because he figured he could make a ton of money off of easily swayed gamers, but because he loved this game type and figured he could do something for what is essentially his demographic (gamers) while making a living.

Take it or leave it, and I'm sure I'll get down votes for this reply, but it really frustrates me when people look at a company and think of it as an evil organization they are forced into a relationship with. Maybe its just the optimist, or MBA student, in me, but Riot demonstrates the classic signs of a company in it to do what they love while happening to make a living in the background. Is that really a bad thing?

Halomate2434

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
For that follow Guinsoo on twitter and tweet (nicely) to him about it.
He's been working on it for a while now and on some other stuff that I won't reveal here.

He's something giving leak or answering question on twitter.
ok thanks

maxblast

08-06-2012

Quote:

On a personal note, my ELO has dropped from about 1650 to 1400 because I'm focusing so much more on trying to build our organizational capabilities than I am at keeping my LOL skills sharp - another tragedy that I look forward to remedying (so trust me when I say I'm motivated)!
Actually you dropped ELO cuz Morello secretly hates you and nerfed Trynd.

Nerf Morello pls so ELO go up

Aroz

08-06-2012

Tryndamere!

What about making a South American Server? How about it?
Or even a Central American server.

That'd be the ****. Everyone that spoke Spanish/Portuguese/W.e could go to that other server.....
huehuehueheuheuheuehue

No but in all seriousness, have you considered a Central/South American server?

Deikan

08-06-2012

I can definitely agree with you on Riot's strategy, especially when it comes to the small stuff like handing out beta testers rewards or the S1 2222+ elo rewards

Graveyardsmk

08-06-2012

lol i have to say to all the people posting negative things about riot... you guys realize that these amazing people BROKE the gaming industry where every other online game out there from star trek to lord of the ring or DC universe are ALL free now, where 5 years ago your would have to pay near WOW subscription prices for these. Riot im taking a seriouse break from your game (mostly cause of the other players :P) to go give smite a try, but ill contiue to play the odd game and read these forums. Thank you for everything, you guys change the world in your own way! (side note how do u get a game with a red?)

Filthy

08-06-2012

Quote:
We could have done this long ago. We want to do it, but it's a "commerce feature" and we have opted to make cool stuff instead with those people.

We would like to do this and have a large backlog (list) of other stuff that we think many people will VALUE and thus want to pay for in the future.
Annnnd he dodges the question

Leraye

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
I can definitely agree with you on Riot's strategy, especially when it comes to the small stuff like handing out beta testers rewards or the S1 2222+ elo rewards
Now for the million dollar question: have you been on the receiving end of that 'small stuff'? Or have you been an outsider looking in?

Zerglinator

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leraye View Post
Now for the million dollar question: have you been on the receiving end of that 'small stuff'? Or have you been an outsider looking in?
He's got the platinum badge, sooooooo...