Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Consolidas

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
You should apply at every post if you want.
If the PRESIDENT of RIOT GAMES tell you : Hey dude, apply.

Just don't ask and do it.
Just make sure to integrate the conversation you had with Marc and this post.

Seriously dude, APPLY.
As they say when applying for jobs; it's not what you know it's who you know :P

Radle

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Yah, we've thought about it - but have concerns about separating you guys down under from the greater English speaking community.

What are your thoughts on that?
Per Region u having a "main" server cluster + gameservers, if people are chatting over us/eu/Asia/ server and using Austria server to play the games, ping should be no issue.

questir

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opux View Post
If something costs 1 IP, is it free?
What about 1,000 IP?
10,0000 IP?
1,000,000 IP?

Where is the line drawn?

Eventually the barrier to entry effectively means it is no longer "free". This is just one of a number things* Dota 2 is doing better than you right now. In Dota 2 I can decide that "I want to play X" and I can just DO IT. I don't have to grind out a rune page, or level to 30, or purchase the hero. I can just play the hero with no strings attached... and over time this is going to get worse for new players. A year ago there wasn't really any competition to LoL, so a new player didn't have a choice. Now they can choose between Dota 2 and LoL - one gives you everything and the other you have to grind out to play - so which one do you think they'll pick? Maybe you don't have to consider your pricing model this year... but by this time next year you might have to consider some changes since your new player retention rate is going to take a nose dive.

I think this is somewhat concerning for me as a player. Especially since my ideal dota-like/MOBA/ARTS would be a LoL that is more like Dota. Not the other way around.

* A non-exhaustive list:
- Puck
- No meta grinding for playable content.
- Storm Spirit
- Better spectator mode. Tournament tickets, team banners, etc.
- Templar Assassin
- Replays. They are in beta still!
- Invoker
- A more fleshed out game world. (For example, Invoker has a TON of voice responses on different triggers - other heroes have rivalry lines! Zyra has 28 voice lines in total, for comparison...)
- Pudge
- Better lobby UI (I think I like your in game UI more though!)
- Tiny
- More dynamic game-play. Choices are made in-game instead of being pushed to the pre-game (runes, masteries, summoner spells, etc).
- Lycan (haha, just kidding. **** that guy)
I agree with this. I hate grinding for runes and rune pages even if doesn't involve real money. I feel like im playing D3 and i need to grind when im actually playing a MOBA. Rune pages are to expensive

Akali Bot

08-06-2012

Guys, if you keep harassing the Rioters about irrelevant things, they'll never pop in threads again

GreenTyr

08-06-2012

Quote:
The person who used to is no longer with the company
Then.. Who does it now?

Halomate2434

08-06-2012

Any news on the Karma Rework? I really wanna know it has been a long time now . Please reply

TheEnygma

08-06-2012

I'd like to apply but other than playing games, don't really have much compared to the undergrad.

Plus I'm Canadian and, well, you're kind of a ways :P

Dat T Rutherford

08-06-2012

As a PR major, I can honestly say anyone telling you guys that you don't have great PR is a moron. The beauty of your business model is that there isn't a single person in your company that isn't intrinsically part of your public relations campaigns, as you encourage everyone (and rightfully so) to participate in forum topics and conversation. So many companies that HAVE Public Relations departments lose track of the pulse of their public(s) because those outside of said department no longer feel a responsibility to please their public.

The fact that this thread even has 45+ Riot replies proves anyone accusing them of poor PR wrong. I wish I wasn't in Connecticut because you guys are everything I would want in a career.

Honestly though, at the end of the day they can't say much more than we're working on it until they have solutions. As players, all we can do is realize that if we're still here, it's because they have continued to keep us happy enough to even care about the forums or honestly to even care about *****ing. Go look at how a company like EA treats its customers. Riot is revolutionary.

Krasuis

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolidas View Post
As they say when applying for jobs; it's not what you know it's who you know :P
Except, if you didn't notice he was just dodging the question, if he was really telling him to apply seriously he'd send him a PM with more advanced information. Why else do you think he completely didn't answer the guys question.

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
K
I love you, Tryndamere.