Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamKim

08-06-2012

Hey Tryn,

Thanks for coming here and answering some questions as much as you can tell us. We do appreciate it. The fact that you are the president does help us feel that Riot is communicating with us.

I know you will probably skip this post due to the large numbers of posts here. But I will still express my feelings.

I agree that communication was the problem. During the 1000 RP situation, I was not upset about the server downtime or the lack of 1000 RP. What I did not like was it took so long to get things organized. When someone from Riot made that thread answering questions and concerns about the massive server issues, I felt better. I felt that we now had a way to get our questions and concerns answered.

You might have not read what that one Rioter said about compensation but I will paraphrase it. S/he was not saying we were entitled with compensation. That person was saying we should first fix the servers and stop all these problems before even discussing the compensation. Then that person went on to say that compensation would be discussed by those with the power to give it. No compensation was ever stated. People disagreed with this person but I do not believe Riot was at fault here.

What I felt that Riot should have done is have someone make an official announcement saying we would not receive additional compensation. Pendragon said it very casually (to the point some people could see it as rude) and then made a failed attempt to change the topic to dogs. I am going to assume he did not understand how sensitive this topic was. But even I had to facepalm myself after reading that post. I felt that if he made a thread in the General Discussion forum saying "Riot will not be handing out additional compensation." There would have been a lot fewer problems.

But once again, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and answering some of our questions. Some of us may be giving you a hard time. How I see it, you are taking responsibility of your company and you are setting an example of communicating with us. I know you probably "ghost" the forums but if I saw you post more occasionally, it would give us all a feeling of better communication.

Torwulf

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
because we want the same things you do.
No, no you don't... don't give us that rubbish. You're a company, what you want is money. Pleasing your customers just so happens to make you more money, but that doesn't make it your purpose.

Quote:
words are wind - as we all know.
So why is that all that you continually give us? When I saw the red post tag on this thread, I was amazed - doubly so when I realised it was Tryndamere, of all people. Then, as I read, my heart slowly sank... you're just giving us the same regurgitated bullsh*t excuses, and hoping we'll accept them just because they come from the president.

Quote:
The good news is that we are a company that learns very quickly
Oh, bull**** you are. How many times has Pendragon made stupid, offensive posts now without stopping once to think about how the community are going to react to his snide, holier-than-thou words?

Quote:
We have learned over time (from community feedback) that saying we are working on something really isn't a great answer
So why do you keep on doing it, then?

Quote:
There's no conspiracy where we're sitting around twisting our mustaches, if anything, the only mustache twisting we do is in regards to "creating more awesome" and figuring out how to delight you. Ask any Rioter, and they will tell you the same thing. Pretty much all of our focus internally is on that.
We don't think there's a conspiracy - we think you're a company, and one that's long since reached its peak and is sadly on the way down.That is, we think you're devolving into another Blizzard.

MaiLinna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
No - gamers are smart and passionate. That combo means that you don't let us off the hook easy.

Sometimes that does boarder into "argumentative" or "rules lawyery", but even in those situations it just reinforces that we need to do a better job
You always deliver anyways, dear.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

08-06-2012
43 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannibalMoose View Post
So, Tryndamere answers with a long post that doesn't even answer the questions that require direct solutions.
Expected.
K

Zerglinator

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torwulf View Post
We don't think there's a conspiracy - we think you're a company, and one that's long since reached its peak and is sadly on the way down.That is, we think you're devolving into another Blizzard.
aka a conspiracy.

santiaguito86

08-06-2012

My only request Tryndamere: Tell morello to NOT nerf Irelia again.
Thanks for giving us this game.

Dreggon

08-06-2012

Quote:
K
president rammus

Zerglinator

08-06-2012

Quote:
K
The more Trynd says "K", the more I like it.

Destrucshot

08-06-2012

Quote:
Yah, we've thought about it - but have concerns about separating you guys down under from the greater English speaking community.

What are your thoughts on that?
I fully support Aussie servers. It will not only make the game much more enjoyable for us, but it might give Oceania that pump to kick off some e-sports action and maybe have teams representing our country in S3.

Population isn't an issue either. The server would be sustainable. I would greatly, GREATLY, appreciate servers man, like you wouldn't believe.

Also, since you are actively posting, is there more info on what was changed in the Karma rework you can tell us Morello or anyone? I'm dying here.

Schmucky85

08-06-2012

Okay, so if we are discussing umbrella issues and are getting into the whole "chinese overlords" thing (which I'm not buying into.) then I think there is legitimate discussion to be had about design/splash art changes.
The community seems to legitimately feel that some of the Chinese art is simply bad/inferior, myself included. I won't go into extreme detail, but suffice to say Malzahar, Amumu, and many others don't quite have the same familiar feel people are used to. I know this is all based on my opinion, which is why I'm not exploding with CLASSIC LEAGUe ART WHERe!?!? But maybe just...look at some of the art, with intent? Get outside opinions?
Amumu is undead, he shouldn't be bright green, that symbolizes life. Just doesn't make sense.
Malzahar looks like a fairy, practically pink. Sorry, hard to believe evil void man is pink.

Provided, some of it looks cool. It really is just a matter of opinion to each person and each piece of art. I just hope Riot does a little research on what people think, before they just throw up new art just for the sake of making a change.

I know it's not Morello's or Tryn's job, and Tryn probably isn't running the company in a way that he would micro-manage art creation. Just seems like a good outlet to voice some of my, and I believe the community's, thoughts on the issues.