Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheEnygma

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizx View Post
I haven't. However, I'll point out a thing to you:
They're marketing and PRing on these forums. They can offer PR spin and promises, like they have, and deliver nothing except greedy behavior.

Since RIOT has been the company that has been completely unworthy of its' gamers, the odus is on the dbag company to initiate amends
well then that's your problem right there. They've outright come out and said they messed up on certain situations and that they'll learn from them with future events/issues going forward. What you're basically doing is observer bias: despite posts and efforts to the contrary, you'll still think they're some money-grubbing Scrooge McDuck that doesn't care about their fanbase.

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAILMOTHERDUCKER View Post
another promise that is going to not be made.
What does that even mean?

I can't even recall a promise that Riot has made and not kept. Keep in mind, a possible outcome mentioned unofficially is NOT a promise. Statements in non-announcement form should be taken as tentative, not definitive. Part of the reason it's so difficult to give us specifics such as release dates and exact details on changes (before they're ready) is that we tend to take design shifts as "broken promises" rather than the evolutions and reconsidering they actually are.

I challenge somebody to tell me an actual PROMISE that Riot has broken. Not an off-hand and unofficial statement made to whet our appetites; not something the community misinterpreted as a concrete fact despite it never being stated as such...I want an actual promise that has been broken. So far, I have never seen one.

Matt516

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Sorry, I deeply disagree here and I'll explain why:

1. Many of our players (including top players) spend ZERO on the game
2. The core game loop is can be played for free - all characters, maps, etc - even runes and rune pages
3. The things we sell are:
- Leverage your time (boosts, champions)
- Customization / cosmetic (skins)

We also intentionally have historically prioritized game features in favor of commerce features - we would rather spend engineering time creating awesome things like spectator mode or scaling the platform, etc - rather than on things like "let's add more things we can sell to the game". Now that we are bigger, we can do more in parallel - and this is both from a development & business perspective - so you guys will see more "focus" on improving what exists in the store and how we communicate / manage this stuff.

As I said earlier, mindshare from both groups is focused on cooler things that will add more VALUE to you guys, but we think that for the hundreds or thousands of hours of entertainment we provide, we are about as cheap as it comes (we have the math here too and it is fact )
Absolutely agree with the Prez on this one. I've never spent money on the game - not because I don't like it (it's fantastic) but because I'm not in a place right now where cosmetics and such are where I put my disposable income.

However, I do support the game by playing, talking about it, contributing positively to the community (I hope) and other such stuff. Maybe after graduate and start making real money I'll be supporting it with $$$ as well.

Aishi

08-06-2012

Man, riot doesn't pick favorites. I'm simply glad to enjoy this game you guys have put out.

Being a rank 1 beta tester in Maplestory (MildSoss) and rank 1 in the first official world released for 2 weeks (NYCknight), first level capped player in Aion (NYCknight), founder of the clan Ocean in GunZ the Duel who held rank 1 standings for over a month, and first of my class to reach a second level cap in Dragon Saga (HsienKo), I've always been on good standings with GMs in and out of game, usually giving me sneak peeks/hints into new content/weapons/upcoming classes/skill updates/whatever and seeking feedback. I'm on an embargo of sorts with them most of the time but that's besides the point.

It's uplifting for me to see how much Riot can interact with the community as a whole. Usually, I'm part of a rare 1% that have privileges spoonfed to them due to their standing. Whenever I see such wide interaction from the art team, the graphics team, marketing, management, the president himself... it's obvious as daylight how Riot has reached out to the other 99% of players on a level that truly facilitates "community" compared to the likes of other companies in my past experiences.

To be honest, every single player should expect the Riot staff to perform their best in spite of whatever past grievings have happened. Riot has, in its current state, people who expect to be handed free things and compensated for even the slightest bit of inconvenience. They're even able to reference events in the past that would show the same thing.

You know, I don't see what's wrong with that. The person in question is wrong, but, the company that has put out such a reputation should be proud.

And to leave with a quote I got from a Maplestory GM whose IGN I withhold (he's retired, regardless).
"In certain games where a player base has grown to a certain scale, it's not an uncommon feeling of sadness for its staff to know they must ignore a big portion of it."

To be honest, even with this Lux nomenclature debacle where Riot proposed a compromise, you seem to only prove him wrong. Keep up the good work.

~Another happy summoner.

Edit: You know what? This is the first forum that I've happily had the confidence that the respective staff of the game will read instead of hitting up an official over gmail or MSN messenger. I ****ing love it.

approx204

08-06-2012

@Tryn will we ever get an official statement on why there are no Olympic skins this year? The only response was on the spanish forums where they basically said there were going to be no skins because Riot needs to think on an international level and the Olympics arent international enough o.O? Or that it didn't fit into the lore which makes no sense because there were winter Olympic skins.

Any info on this?

Zerglinator

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jortalus View Post
I challenge somebody to tell me an actual PROMISE that Riot has broken. Not an off-hand and unofficial statement made to whet our appetites; not something the community misinterpreted as a concrete fact despite it never being stated as such...I want an actual promise that has been broken. So far, I have never seen one.
They promised we'd get a 34% increased IP weekend.

Instead we got a double IP weekend.

Riot, y u break promises so bad.

Murkaran

08-06-2012

riot pls

Siikes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

inb4 they're done responding.

ALL I WANT TO KNOW: When are we getting Diana?

Pryotra

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
That's the thing.
YOU ARE CLUELESS.

They are working on heimerdinger.
They gave alot of detail about it. There's alot of stuff that feral pony tried but failed and posted about it.
Now Xypherous is on it and is working on making it better, we even had a "leak" about what could happen to him and Riot already answered that heimer haven't been forgotten.

They even talked about Zyra/Heimer comparaison.

They can't repeat themself over and over just because you don't catch their post :/.
Where are these details? I must have missed it in all the posts that they made about heimerdinger.

/sarcasm

Heimerdinger has been their blind spot for longer than the stealth rework. I am glad that xypherous is on it, but that leak has been the most news we heard about him for the longest time. It was only after that that morello even admitted that he was getting looked at. that was the last post I saw on him.

But what is with heimer is not my question in that post. My question was better iterated in a previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryotra View Post
I actually think that the post you quoted sums it up. It seems that the lack of information is something that is turning alot of players off, whether the lack of posts from marketing, or the Ambassador program that failed because its whole purpose was to take away reds from the forums. Neither of these are things players want, but it is there.

And this is selfish, but between the stealth rework and Zyra, what is the "game plan" for heimerdinger players? They have had to deal with a champion that has not been viable for so long (top ranked Heimer player said he was worthless and stopped playing him, no one disagreed or managed to make him work competitively) only to find out that you have replaced him entirely with a newer, better champion that leaves no reason to choose heimerdinger over her. Most Heimer players have stopped playing him because you don't acknowledge their threads, or even that he needs help. The red post on you guys working on him was a simple "yea, he is getting looked at" from Morello, which was useless as we already had leaked dorans workshop giving us more info faster. I don't necessarily condone that test zone being leaked, but in this 1 case, I preferred it as we heard nothing from you for more than 2 years.

So what do plan on doing to address that so in the future people won't see their champs fall into such disrepair? Notice the word plan, it means that I am not expecting it to happen persay, but am wondering what you are considering.
I am wondering what they are planning on to make sure this never happens again. And what they learned from this to better themselves. If the answer is silence or nothing was learned, well, I can't say I am disappointed or surprised, but it does blow a huge hole in this story they are telling. It is cases of silence like Marketing and Heimerdinger that this thread is about, and that is why I put the question here.

Also, a link to all these posts on heimer would be appreciated. If they were posted, I want to read em.

Jortalus

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by approx204 View Post
@Tryn will we ever get an official statement on why there are no Olympic skins this year? The only response was on the spanish forums where they basically said there were going to be no skins because Riot needs to think on an international level and the Olympics arent international enough o.O? Or that it didn't fit into the lore which makes no sense because there were winter Olympic skins.

Any info on this?
When there were Winter Olympics skins, LoL was only out in a few countries. Now that LoL is essentially a global force, the Olympics are almost TOO international to make skins for. You'd almost need a different skin for every single country, else somebody would be offended. It's safer to opt out of making Olympic skins for the sake of fairness. You don't want to exclude anybody.