Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thats unhealthy

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotTipsy View Post
Let's make a list on what Riot HAS done..

Stealth Rework
Xin Rework
Art changes
The Proving Grounds
The performance upgrade on Summoner's Rift
Tournament Draft Custon Game mode
Co-op vs A.I. improvements
Server Side Runes and Masteries
LeaverBuster
Normal Draft Mode
Color Blind Mode
The New Masteries (from season 1 to 2)
Dominion

All of this IN ADDITION to New champs, new Items, balancing champions and items. A lot of what is above is from what the League of Legends playerbase has asked for. So please stop your complaining how Riot does not listen.
You forgot IP buffs. IP per minute is overlooked I think...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dat T Rutherford

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
I'm being facetious. I apologize if you actually thought I was some sort of Forum Fascist.
Indeed you have crushed me with text sarcasm, right over my head hahaha.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wu1fy54

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eph289 View Post
RP might have zero production cost, but do you know what does?

Servers.
Champions.
SERVERS
Skins
Reworks
Balance changes
Game client
SERVERS!!!!
Back-end platform work
Tribunal
This website, including the forums
Video spotlights for art/champions
Localization across many different languages.
So, BASICALLY EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THEIR GAME THAT COSTS NO MONEY TO PLAY AND ENJOY.

Your argument is invalid.
No. Your argument is invalid. I'm talking about purely RP here. With your argument we can also throw in this:

The Riot Employee's personal car insurance
Their vacations
Their food
Their utility
Sending their kids to school
A house
Their taxes


Etc etc etc. You just made it invalid. Just because my argument was in caps with a bunch of !!!!'s doesn't mean that it is wrong.

I am very intelligent, as you think you are right now, and I can counter what you say.


The point of the RP thing, was it costs them nothing, besides minor transaction fees, and the employee hitting the "send rp" button. Also the fees for their network that aren't related to the servers actually in the game.

Anyone can inflate and escalate the cost of anything if they put enough thought to it, but when it comes down to it. RP has some of the lowest production costs of product history. It is literally just a made up number that has no value at all anywhere else besides the Riot Store. You can't even buy Riot clothes for RP. It's just champs and skins, which are just advertisements to make you wanna buy RP. So that part is correct.

RP is their product you buy, their game is just a massive advertisement for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehMightyMidget

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats unhealthy View Post
You forgot IP buffs. IP per minute is overlooked I think...
They call them buffs, but they're nerfs. The average game's IP gain has been reduced several times now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GetUpKid

Member

08-02-2012

Try being held accountable for what you say to millions of players and potentially accidentally leaking too much information and, either way, the community either (A) starts asking a billion MORE questions and gets mad if you don't respond or (B) talks about what a crappy post you made.

Then you tell me the benefits of a red posting and tell me if it counteracts all that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vargo

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
Okay, before reading, please know that I am not mad about any of these situations. Many of the comments have made it seem like I am butthurt about not getting my 1kRP, and I'm not. I'm simply fed up with how they've HANDLED these situations.
Still, Riot is a fantastic company, and they're superior in player support to almost all other gaming companies. This thread is to prevent Riot from becoming another Blizzard or EA. I SIMPLY WANT THEM TO HOLD THEMSELVES ACCOUNTABLE


Threads that Riot refuses to acknowledge:
Threads about their awful handling of the 1000RP situation
Threads about Finales Funkeln and how a vast majority of the community wants it to stay
Threads about their nerfing of IP gains
Threads about how they ignore major situations
Threads about LEGITIMATE CONCERNS within their game
Threads about RP pricing and how 3k RP for a skin is too much
Threads about how they broke their promise about either releasing champions UNDER 6300IP or reducing the prices of older ones consistently.
Threads about revamping older legendary skins instead of removing them

Threads that Riot will acknowledge frequently:
Can he guess your champion?
I want to play with a Rioter for my ___th win
Who designed ___? He/She's awesome!
When I was level 1...
Let's educate Cleverbot on League of Legends
Threads about new skins (unless they involve pricing)


It's a very common pattern in these forums. People post legitimate threads/petitions about things that the community cares about, and Riot ignores them until the matter dies. I still have yet to see responses to any of these threads:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2299430
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2427060
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2423722
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2426946
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2407582
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2411066

Sure, Riot occasionally responds to threads like these, but they never say something substantial. They just talk about how "they care about the community," how they "try their best to make the community happy," and other ways of beating around the bush. They haven't addressed anything like this head on.

Take, for example, the Magnificent Twisted Fate situation. Someone posted a thread about how that skin needs to either have its price lowered or be reworked. A red responded, claiming that a rework was on the way. Less than a week later, MTF and several others were taken out of the store. When asked about this situation, they pretty much said "They're legendary, so we can't lower their price. HOWEVER, they aren't good enough to be legendaries." and said nothing else about it. The 1kRP situation is also similar, since they promised a response and THEN DELETED EVERY POST INVOLVING A SOLUTION.


Riot's strategy is Ignore, Deny, Forget. If they leave the community hanging for long enough, we'll forget, and we won't care. Well guess what, Riot. I haven't forgotten, and I do care. I love you guys, Riot, and I want to see you succeed. However, when you show blatant disregard for the community, that's when I get mad. Please, Riot, we'd rather have you acknowledge your mistakes than ignore them.


To further my point, I guaruntee that no Rioter will respond to this thread. If they do, they will not say anything that really answers my complaints, and will CERTAINLY not address any of the threads I posted above.
Don't just upvote this post, please respond. I want to see this on the front page until Riot mans up and responds.
free game bro. dont like it leave dont bother complaining okay?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thats unhealthy

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu1fy54 View Post
No. Your argument is invalid. I'm talking about purely RP here. With your argument we can also throw in this:

The Riot Employee's personal car insurance
Their vacations
Their food
Their utility
Sending their kids to school
A house
Their taxes


Etc etc etc. You just made it invalid. Just because my argument was in caps with a bunch of !!!!'s doesn't mean that it is wrong.

I am very intelligent, as you think you are right now, and I can counter what you say.


The point of the RP thing, was it costs them nothing, besides minor transaction fees, and the employee hitting the "send rp" button. Also the fees for their network that aren't related to the servers actually in the game.

Anyone can inflate and escalate the cost of anything if they put enough thought to it, but when it comes down to it. RP has some of the lowest production costs of product history. It is literally just a made up number that has no value at all anywhere else besides the Riot Store. You can't even buy Riot clothes for RP. It's just champs and skins, which are just advertisements to make you wanna buy RP. So that part is correct.

RP is their product you buy, their game is just a massive advertisement for it.
You still sour about that 1k RP deal? They screwed up and admitted it, when are you going to get over it :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nefarias

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amumu is Beast View Post
Let's report all the Riot members everytime they play a game.
Can you do that?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehMightyMidget

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD carry Vargo View Post
free game bro. dont like it leave dont bother complaining okay?
Anyone who thinks this game is free is naive. It's only free because people like me pay for it, and I deserve to be treated like a paying customer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mairead Watkins

Senior Member

08-02-2012

Bump for great justice