New AFK detection for matchmade games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EFG

08-04-2012

Better two and a half years late then never.

Kirabo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-05-2012

Good stuff

Hepolite

08-05-2012

This is a joke. All it's done is to make finding an AFK'er take more time. Seriously, we go through 3-6 match disbans because someone failed to accept the game, then we get to Champion selection, only to find that the person accepted the game (verifying his existence), then either picks a champion and AFK's or just flat out AFK's and lets the auto-pick select him/her a champion.

I honestly see no improvement overall. just an annoying popup that delays game play ever so much longer now.

theshadowcult

08-05-2012

I found a problem with the new system.

I walked away from a game that everyone was locked in and was 5 seconds from launch. When i come back 30 seconds later, i am at the main menu with 2 messages, one saying someone quit and the second saying i was reported for being afk. I unfortunately auto clicked ok to close them as is habit, so i couldn't print off the screen. However if i am going to be penalized because someone ELSE quit the game... this is a problem.

Maesira

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-05-2012

I'm also finding a problem here.

Solo queue'ing, if someone doesn't accept the match then the LoL screen freezes for a couple of seconds, then kicks me out of queue. If that doesn't happen, then I'll be stuck in queue for over 1 minute (haven't bothered staying longer than that) in queue without finding a match, so I have to manually re-enter the queue again.
This has been quite annoying as I've been stuck trying to find a game for 15 minutes straight, but I can't seem to find a match. I've given up because I no longer have enough time to play a game, so no win of the day for me.. anyone else getting this problem?

maria osawaa

08-06-2012

YO RIOT, WHAT'S THE FREAKING BIG DEAL MAN? i got afk during a match for a few minutes due to poor internet connection. After a little while, I joined in and WON the game and my teammates thanked me for coming back. And now, i get suspended due to me "RUINING" the experience of others. I beg to question this as i came back! At least i did not go afk fully. Please do see to this matter as others may face this too.

Yoshiro

08-06-2012

Helps.

Kermit666

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTantram View Post
If you decline you are placed at the end of the line for matchmaking. Players that accept are kept at the front. They'd only be trolling each other.
This is nice to know; I was going to suggest you somehow match AFKers with each other so they can troll less - but looks like it was implemented already

Have to say though, as a new player I've not had a big problem with AFK so far (mostly Coop vs AI) ... either the measures are working, or else its not as prevalent on lower levels.

theshadowcult

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit666 View Post
This is nice to know; I was going to suggest you somehow match AFKers with each other so they can troll less - but looks like it was implemented already

Have to say though, as a new player I've not had a big problem with AFK so far (mostly Coop vs AI) ... either the measures are working, or else its not as prevalent on lower levels.
It's the lower levels thing. I get them about 1 in 5-10 games, and that is just normal games, they exist in Ranked too

KingRatchet

08-08-2012

I was shocked at first but thank you! I love this idea!