@Guinsoo --- Dota Lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StormseekerV

07-20-2011

Hey Guinsoo,

I was just wondering, how did you end up being the designer for Dota Allstars back in the days ? I myself started playing Dota back in version 2.8 in WC3:RoC. The game was so much fun and I would play it for countless hours. I still remember playing a few games with Ryude and Kegsta (which at the time we're the people who took over the balancing/design of Dota in RoC). Heck, I still remember seeing Eul in one of my games before I even knew who he really was. I was lucky enough to have a chance to play/speak to many of the people who helped update and deisgn the map back in the RoC days.

Once the WC3 expansion came out, Dota AllStars was created and I guess it's at that point you started getting involved. Where I'm getting at in all of this is I played the original Dota for so long and yet I don't remember seeing you in any of my games. Did you play the original Dota? We're you friends with the original designers? How did you end up being the designer of the map (I asked Ryude at one point if I could help but he refused).

Thanks for your time. Guess I'm just an old school gamer going back into memory lane just remembering the good old times.

P.S. WATER ME YOU NOOB !!!!1!1! (if you played the original Dota, you probably know what this means)

P.P.S. Dota DH was the bomb (Titan + Phantom images/Lancers Ult = Win all the time)

StormseekerV

07-20-2011

bump

Anvindr

07-20-2011

Guinsoo doesn't usually look in the lore forums and this isn't really a lore thread. Try posting it in General, you'll have a better chance at him seeing it.

StormseekerV

07-20-2011

Figured some red would point him this way at least. Ahh well. Might try reporting in General Discussion when I have a chance. More affraid of it getting spammed with troll posts in General Discussion forum though.

StormseekerV

07-20-2011

bumps in the hopes that I dont have to try posting this in General Forums