Atmas Impaler Needs Change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ardziv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Allright, to put it simply.

The most common use of Atmas was the "Frozen Mallet + Atmas" combo.
The problem with the current atmas is
Trinity Force + Randuins Omen beats that combo in damage, tankiness, utility, and furthermore it has plenty of bonus stats like cooldown reduction, mana, health regen, AP, attack speed, movement speed.
Combined with the active/passive effects of randuins and sheen. There is no way ANY atmas build is even close.
After the warmogs nerf, atmas was fine, but currently, no one should ever buy either warmog or atmas.

Atmas just became a standard bruiser item like IE is to ADC, so they nerfed it. It wasn't even overpowered.

It's true Atmas is quite cheap but that is counter-intuitive because it is a late game item(need to get health first) It is not an item worth buying and selling, it is just useless at the moment.

I have a few suggestions but I want to see what people have to say first.

Kandehbar

08-01-2012

atmas is incredible.......

Ardziv

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

It's not : /

Trinity Force + Randuins will beat any atmas build.

Yuan Shikai

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandehbar View Post
atmas is incredible.......
No, it really is not anymore, it became pretty worthless after the nerf to it and is barely ever used since then.

Autocthon

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardziv View Post

Well if we're talking buying two items sure.

If we're talking "I have TForce+Randuin's and two more items what do I put in my last slot" atma's is good filler. It's cheap, efficient, and synergizes well with TForce+Randuin's

I personally like Atma's on champs where I prefer FMallet over getting a TForce. Which relegats it to Olaf (because I like the extra HP). Occasionally Darius and Yorick (who can use it relatively well, though I know that TForce is preferential as an early game item on Darius at least ovr FMallet) but only as a lategame filler.

It does see some use on my Riven in 5th or sixth slot if I need more armor. There's nothing wrong with randuin's on her obviously, but that doesn't mean I can't use alittle more armor. I also tend to have FMAllet in a slot on riven too so :/

Yah my riven build is fun

Merc's
BT
MoM
FMallet
Last Whisper
Atma's

In generally random orders depending on lane matchup. And let me tell you, a free 40 AD on riven is pretty **** good.

Kagami

08-02-2012

Quote:

You realize Trinity Force/Randiuns is more expensive, right?; in addition to Mallet giving a stronger slow.

Cost difference:
Atma + FM = 2355g + 3250g = 5605g vs Trinity force + Randuin = 4070g + 3075g = 7145g

That's a 1540g difference, it's pretty clear why it should be stronger, you buy a negatron cloak and another chain mail for that cost, or a BF cost.

Nea De Penserhir

08-02-2012

Quote:

Trinity's and Randiuns ~already~ beat the Atmog's build. Even the Frozma's build. The perma-slow was the only thing Frozma had going for it which is why it was built. Believe it or not, Trinity Force doesn't always proc when you need it, so even for the wealth of stats it gives, sometimes all you really need is that slow proc.

Frightning

08-03-2012

Quote:

Depends on the champion. I'd rather have Frozen Mallet+Atma's Impaler on Lee Sin then Trinity Force+Randuin's Omen. I'm getting around 60 AD out of those 2 items, which is twice what TF gives, and more crit, and more health, which are the most important of all the stats in the latter for Lee Sin by FAR. Pre-nerf Atma's was stupidly cost efficient as much as I didn't like the nerf, it was needed.

Ardziv

08-03-2012

Yes, trin and randuins is more expensive. But really, No one will buy atmas, no one.

That's why it sucks. I'd rather pay more money for better item than waste a slot.

Everyone builds towards late game. Atmas is no good as a "cheap" item because you need health for it to be effective, making it way more expensive than trinity force in the end. This is what people need to realise.

And my point with the "trin + randuins" was that

If you change your build to include tankier items, and 1 more dps item, it beats atmas. Whether that is a Trin force, a Black Cleaver, a Maw, or a Last Whisper.

Get any of those items, and then make your other 4 items tankier, and you beat any "atmas + whatever" build.

The proof, when I used to play before, irelias built mallet + atmas. Gangplanks built Atmogs, etc. Now, every top laner would mostly prefer either going Trin Force + Tanky(without atmog, instead getting a Maw, and randuins, etc.) Or the same replacing trin with a maltter YET STILL not getting atmas.

With 3000 health, atmas only gives 45 AD. And what build would have more health? If you go mallet + warmogs you won't have enough armor and MR

Kagami

08-03-2012

Irelia and GP have exceptionally good synergy Trinity Force because of their skills, so not really great examples and I still find it be a viable and good 5/6th item on Irelia in some longer matches, Atma/FM is much better on say Lee Sin, Olaf, or Darius than Trinity force is.