Why is ARAB dead?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddalee View Post
Also, the 30+ second spawn timer actually shortens games.
That depends on the game. I find the long respawn timer actually discourages that final push to the end, and if the teams are even marginally balanced, the team with only 2 surviving champions is very hesitant to push past the inhibitor.

Also, unlike ARAB, the ambient gold is much less and the gold for champion kills is much higher. As a result, champions snowball very hard.

I also found that Surprise Party Fiddlesticks is a lot of fun to play on that map

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

ARAB is still better, people just stopped playing it

Phourc

08-02-2012

I really like PG (and it may even see some balance changes specifically around the ARAM-style gameplay if Nome feels like it ), though the long respawn timers have been tempting me to run revive xP

FDru

08-02-2012

Proving Grounds is worth playing just for Barrier.

I've had 50 minutes ARAB games, anyway. In fact I recall almost all of my ARAB games to be 40+ minutes so I don't know why you think that PGs takes longer.

Redenbacher

08-02-2012

Now that you mention it, you're right. ARAB games were, sometimes, just as long. I suppose it didn't feel as long because of Dominion's respawn timer mechanism.

Barrier is nifty. Definitely one of the highlights of the map, in my opinion.

lbgsloan

08-02-2012

I would actually like to see a rebalanced (CD is way too short for any mode outside of PG) Barrier replace Revive for good honestly. Revive is a joke outside of Dominion, and is toxic to Dominion's meta. Here's an easy replacement that would see use in all game modes.

Palladine

08-03-2012

Wonder if anyone's made a Proving Grounds tier list.....

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Whenever I'm in the mood for a custom game I scroll down the list.

If I see an ARAB, then I take it.

If I see KOS afterwards then I take it.

ARAMs everywhere... just keep scrolling.

deepbluereason

08-04-2012

As others have already stated, the PG map just makes it easier to guarantee that everyone stays honest and doesn't try to cheese the game. Although I do wish the ambient gold and xp was slightly higher there.