Why is ARAB dead?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

08-01-2012

Ever since Proving Grounds came out, it seems ARAB games became nearly impossible to find. Why?

Proving Grounds is incredibly slow. Namely, the respawn timers suck. Games can drag on for as long as a game of SR.

It makes me sad

Koiresu

08-01-2012

Because it's fun?

Orphane

08-01-2012

Mostly because Proving Grounds removes cheating.

AbsolutePK

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Mostly because Proving Grounds removes cheating.
This. With Proving Grounds there's no option to turn it into an actual game by jacking nodes or going around in the fog of war.

otirruborez

08-01-2012

dominion is dead. wouldn't you expect the even more unpopular arab to also be dead?

Koravel

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by otirruborez View Post
dominion is dead. wouldn't you expect the even more unpopular arab to also be dead?
Lol? Dominion is definitely not dead. Queue times of less than a minute don't really say the game is dead.

efexkiller

08-01-2012

I wish it were dead and only people who were good played. I would wait in que 20 minutes everytime to not get a team full of *******

Redenbacher

08-02-2012

Alrighty then... didn't create the thread to start a Dominion flame war.

Orphane has a good point, there's no way to cheat... though in my experience, those failed matches of ARAB were few and far between.

I suppose I'm just spoiled with the pace of Dominion. I hate how much slower Proving Grounds is, while still having the same snowball effects of SR. The 30s+ spawn timer at the end is so depressing!

Kiddalee

08-02-2012

I preferred ARAM in the first place. ARAB does not allow attrition games, which is a balancing issue; meanwhile, the Proving Grounds' large pushing area doesn't encourage attrition games the way Summoner's Rift's mid lane does. The Proving Grounds has the best of both worlds. Also, the 30+ second spawn timer actually shortens games.

lbgsloan

08-02-2012

Proving Grounds is pretty much tailor made for this sort of thing. I don't really care for it, since you can easily tell which team comp will win due to balance issues (ie team with the most long-range harass and sustain wins nearly every time); but if you want to play that game mode Proving Grounds is set up perfectly for it.

Also, Janna is Elder-God Tier broken on that map.