Champion Revealed: Barn, The Sentient Barn

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vapeurs

08-07-2012

Build barn with trinity force for tons of dmg.

Malrock3

08-07-2012

If barn has no feet... then where does he wear his boots?

MyNameIsDonovan

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrock3 View Post
I agree that the champ concept, and the lore are the most important part, the skills can be tweaked by riot to get things to be appropriate.
This is one of the main reasons why I didnt get into the specifics. Abiliites are hard to balance, but I wanted to give him a... strong foundation(I went there) where I, the community, or Riot could build off of.

Barn, the Sentient Barn

MyNameIsDonovan

08-07-2012

Quote:
If barn has no feet... then where does he wear his boots?
He doesnt wear boots, but he still has them just in case he runs into a sexy lady barn who only has legs.

Barn, the Sentient Barn

Divine Pride

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsDonovan View Post
1) You're the first person to point that out. I have thought about it before, but ended up letting it go because Sunfire Cape exists. It would suck because it could cause unintended tower agro, but it would be something that Barn players would probably be able to live with.
2)Haha you have to remember i started writing it as a joke, but I ended up liking him too much about half way through. Ill think about it
3)Id like to see him be played a little versatile. His kit allows him to lock down champs, making him great for jungle ganks or supporting bot. I could see him maaaybe holding his own top simply because his aura would help him zone out pesky champs and hate grab/spliter toss would help jungle come in for some nice ganks. I would like to view him more as a tank, getting in there and causing a ruckus. Turning a 5v5 into a 4v5. While not a burst champion, letting a Barn run around a teamfight for too long could mean bad news bears.

Thinking about him going top, what do you guys think about hate grab being a semi ranged(think half of nauts anchor, maybe shorter) skill shot. Upon landing it would snare both Barn and the enemy champ. A well placed Hate Grab could mean that you could grab a melee champ who would be out a range to aa you, forcing him to endure hate grabs full effect? Would make hategrab a viable harassing tool top

ps

thanks btw, glad you like it, tell your friends and even grandparents to bump this until its gets some red attention
Glad to give you some things to think about, still love the idea btw as far as the ult being semi ranged it would come down to numbers, to far and its completely op being able to suppress a champ like that, but not far enough and it's a risky move. I would love if it was like malphites ult. same range, can't be disabled(do to being enraged at target player) and knocking everyone to the sides instead of up(kinda like janna's ult but slightly smaller. It mould definetly be a pro initiate and something to be feared. FEAR THE BARN!!

EDIT: im going to bring up a few more things in about 20 min

Malrock3

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapeurs View Post
Build barn with trinity force for tons of dmg.
Do you start cloth and 5 when Jungling with Barn?

Malrock3

08-07-2012

Quote:
He doesnt wear boots, but he still has them just in case he runs into a sexy lady barn who only has legs.

Barn, the Sentient Barn
Perhaps he stores his boots in the barn? and still gets the speed boost?

MyNameIsDonovan

08-07-2012

Quote:
Perhaps he stores his boots in the barn? and still gets the speed boost?
This would be acceptable. Barn absorbs items through osmosis to gain thier powers.

Barn, the Sentient Barn

MyNameIsDonovan

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Deus View Post
Glad to give you some things to think about, still love the idea btw as far as the ult being semi ranged it would come down to numbers, to far and its completely op being able to suppress a champ like that, but not far enough and it's a risky move. I would love if it was like malphites ult. same range, can't be disabled(do to being enraged at target player) and knocking everyone to the sides instead of up(kinda like janna's ult but slightly smaller. It mould definetly be a pro initiate and something to be feared. FEAR THE BARN!!

EDIT: im going to bring up a few more things in about 20 min
edit: fixed it Kasteen

Hate grab is the snare until broken not his ult
Also, i wouldnt mind that kind of ult. It would be like Nauts ult, Malhpites ult, and Skarners had some Rocky-Scorpion-Diving baby that was a Barn. He would charge somone down knocking other champs to the side, then eat the targeted champ. Could be interesting

Protect me Tomoe

08-07-2012

Quote:
Hate grab is the snare until broken not his ult
Also, i wouldnt mind that kind of ult. It would be like Nauts ult, Malhpites ult, and Skarners had some Rocky-Scorpion-Diving baby that was a Barn. He would charge somone down knocking other champs to the side. Could be interesting
He could charge and eat them *cough*