[CC] Khelsa, the Brown Unicorn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elphrihaim

3 Weeks Ago

Name: Khelsa (KEHL-sa), the Brown Unicorn

Appearance:
http://i.imgur.com/osF0zJG.png
Icons, left to right, are [N/A], [N/A], [Bloom], [Essence Rush], and [Seeding the Waters].

Lore:
The Brown Unicorn is a forest unicorn, but one who is unnaturally brown; a being who's existence is claimed to be tainted.
I haven't really been able to spitball with this enough, but
Quote:
Of the numerous clusters in the many forests across Runeterra, one stands extraordinarily elusive-- a group of unicorns, who are nomadic and do not follow any pattern, a collection of sentient thinking minds. Without any care for the affairs of other beings unless it affects their forests, they roam unfound.

One day, however, they were discovered by a small child whilst near the Glade, who played her fair share of tricks on them-- though some found it harmless fun, others were concerned with who the child should be with, others wanting to leave the child far behind.

Khelsa's encounter with the girl made something certain to the group-- much like the mysterious sorceress that they
discovered she was compared to others who walked on two feet, Khelsa was to the rest of the pack. Though she did not understand it then, Khelsa felt like something was different.

Khelsa was often pushed out of gatherings, but she didn't mind this too much; discussion was not something she envied. She wanted to run, feel the wind on her face, and spread floral mischief.

She started honing a mastery over growth, rejuvenation, and in the process found it possible to temporarily exceed her finest speed. Over the period of years-- possibly centuries-- she mastered it. When she demonstrated this to her friends, however, they wondered what use it could have; for they knew they would not stay to appreciate what had been done as roamers.

Khelsa stormed off at that point, fed up with what had happened-- first called different, now called silly; she left and roamed, not caring much for if she was seen.. and thus the legend of the Brown Unicorn began.

Naturally, when word was given that it could be found in the Institute of War, helping people or just spreading some cheer, or even participating in matches for Summoners; her clan began to worry, sending their regards for her safety. She replied, dismissing them,

"Only caring for somebody when they're doing something that may speak of you in a good light is the same as not caring for them. Speak that you want to be good for the world by being good for the world, not feigning support for somebody who can take action.

In other words, if you want to save the world, you have to be the one to do it." - Khelsa
Stat: Lv 0 (+level)
Health: 424 (+68)
Health Regeneration: 6 (+0.55)
Mana: 203 (+52)
Mana Regeneration: 5 (+0.3875)
Attack Damage: 57 (+2.725)
Attack Range: 150
Armor: 19.375 (+3.125)
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25)
Attack Speed: 0.6875 (+2.6%)
Movement Speed: 340

==Abilities==

Khelsa's spells all initiate a 1-second global cooldown. However, her abilities are transient (do not interrupt movement).

Innate Passive: Forest's Painter
Quote:
"Floral Path: Khelsa leaves a trail of flowers on any areas affected by her abilities (allies affected by Bloom leave a trail behind them as well) for 5 seconds. While on the path, Khelsa gains bonus Ability Power.

Overgrow: Khelsa gains bonus Ability Power for 5 seconds whenever she casts an ability that hits at least one Champion or Large (or Epic) Monster. This effect stacks up to 4 times, and each stack decays one at a time."

Quote:
3/3.5/4/4.5/5/6/7/8/9/10.5/12/13.5/15/17/19/21/23.5/26 Ability Power (both sources)
Ability One: Bloom
Quote:
"Khelsa restores the health of target ally after 0.5 seconds. Each time Khelsa or the target attacks an enemy within the next 5 seconds, both the targeted ally restores Health (doubled for basic attacks performed against Champions or Pets). Secondary health restoration is reduced by 33% of the current value each time it is triggered."
Quote:
40/70/100/130/160 (+40% AP) Burst Heal
15/25/35/45/55 (+15% AP) Base Per-Attack Heal
15/14.25/13.5/12.75/12 second cooldown
625 Range
Costs 70/85/100/115/130 Mana
Example of Heal Decay:
For sake of example, the base per-attack heal is 200.
The first attack will restore 200 (400 vs Champ) Health.
The second attack will restore 66% of that: 133.333 (266.66).
The third will restore 66% of THAT: 88.88 (177.77)
This continues indefinitely-- 59.26 (118.52); 39.51 (79.01); 26.34 (552.67)... Until the duration ends. Note: in order for the per-attack heal to be 200 base, one must have >960 AP.
Ability Two: Seeding the Waters
Quote:
"Khelsa summons a plant mesh at target location. If there are no enemies within 150 range of it, it sets up after 1 second. Otherwise, it will frenzy, dealing Magic Damage to enemies within 175 range of it over 3 seconds (and not set up).
If an enemy steps on the plant mesh after it has set up, they take Magic Damage and are rooted.
Plant meshes provide vision in a 175 unit radius around them, and are visible without True Sight."

Quote:
100/120/140/160/180 second duration
50/75/100/125/150 (+30% AP) Trap Magic Damage
1/1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8 second Root duration
25/40/55/70/85 (+15% AP) Frenzy Magic Damage per Second
13 second cooldown
575 Range
Costs 55 Mana
Ability Three: Vine Chain
Quote:
"If Khelsa has no overgrowths deployed, Vine Chain may be cast for free and the cooldown is reduced by 3 seconds (before cooldown reduction).

Khelsa summons a conglomerate of plants at target location for 10 seconds. Enemies attempting to go through this overgrowth are slowed by 25%. If an enemy is atop the overgrowth as it spawns, they take Magic Damage.

If Khelsa casts Vine Chain while an overgrowth is out, a vine lashes out from the previous overgrowth 325 units towards the new one, and from the new one 325 units towards the old one (if they overlap, damage is not dealt twice), lasting for 2 seconds. Any enemies on this line are interrupted and greatly slowed, though this slow decays over its 3 second duration.
After the old overgrowth has lashed out, it withers away. Overgrowths do not provide vision (even of enemes atop them), except on cast (sight is granted of damage area)."

Quote:
20/35/50/65/80 (+20% AP) Primary Overgrowth Magic Damage
40/70/100/130/160 (+45% AP) Vine / Secondary Overgrowth Magic Damage
30/32.5/35/37.5/40 (+3 per 100 AP) % Initial Slow strength
7 second cooldown
500 Range
Costs 40/45/50/55/60 Mana
Ultimate Ability: Essence Rush
Quote:
"Khelsa shields herself for 5 seconds and leaps to target location, dealing Magic Damage to and slowing all enemies within 375 units for 3.5 seconds, though the slow decays down to a minimum value. Khelsa receives a stack of Overgrow for each enemy hit by Essence Rush.
Any enemies within 150 units are knocked outward and are stunned for 1 second.
If an overgrowth from Vine Chain is in the inner radius, Essence Rush's base cooldown is reduced by 20 seconds (occurs before Cooldown Reduction)."

Quote:
125/200/275 (+100% Bonus AD) (+80% AP) Magic Damage and Shielding
Initial Slow Strength 40/50/60 (+1% per 90 AP)
Minimum Slow Strength 12.5/18/23.5 (+1% per 60 AP)
60/55/50 second cooldown
750 Range
Costs 100 Mana

Khelsa is able to support her team ALL DAY LONG. She's able to get vision, control a zone (though only do damage in it), stop enemies from engaging they way they want, greatly disrupt enemies at the potential cost of herself, but has enough disengage that if she pushes enough mana and cooldowns into the effort she can get out of a bad situation.

I really don't feel like explaining this kit, but I wanted to post the concept. I have been trying to work on this for the last 3 hours, and am unable to get myself to work more, which is a shame, because it'd be nice to actually complete her first. But such is life, when I give myself a challenge I must fulfill it.

::Edit::
1) Added Lore
2) Added the missing Slow % for E (oops).
3) Increased Innate duration to 5 seconds from 4
4) Explanation of kit:

Why I like this kit:
It's an active support. -;-"

Q is a heal, but it's only strong if you're actively fighting; which makes Khelsa want to KEEP fighting, as opposed to being a sustain lane. She can keep herself in relative safety by continually setting traps in the river (hence the name, 'Seeding the Waters', actually) to get vision and potentially lock down somebody who would want to gank for long enough that Khelsa and her partner can run. If that doesn't work; Khelsa can still kite backwards via Vine Chain, slowing and whittling down enemies if they don't dance around her Overgrowths, and if she's willing can increase her kiting by staggering her second ability between the location of her third, placing it in a spot and then recasting Vine Chain farther in the same direction, creating a large wall that enemies cannot pass through without taking high damage.

Khelsa can use Essence Rush if she needs extra survivability, or an escape. If she doesn't need a long dash or sets up in advance, she can get a cooldown refund on it, though it won't be up twice in the same fight no matter what.

::edit2::
Vine Chain initial slow reduced to 30/32.5/35/37.5/40% from 35/40/45/50/55%

Ult CD increased to 60/55/50 from 45.
Vine Chain CDR on ult increased to 20 from 15.
Damage and shield reduced to 125/200/275 from 150/225/300
Ult slow duration reduced to 3.5 from 5 seconds
Ult min slow reduced to 12.5/18/23.5% from 15/21/27.5%
New effect: Ult grants 1 stack of Overgrow per enemy hit by it

Elphrihaim

3 Weeks Ago

First and probably last bump; seeing as I added lore and details.

Angeluslight

3 Weeks Ago

As soon as I saw the art, all I could hear was the start of the "My Little Pony" song...and then a shotgun blast. Lol

Surprisingly, this is a short review as I find most of the abilities rather balanced and well thought out. I also like how she can further expand on traps to control an area with the vines and flower power. The costs and ranges look rather appropriate, too.

Except for the ultimate ability, I think. It's a shield, leap, magic attack, AOE slow, AOE knockback, and an AOE stun. I can sort of understand how it would make up for her weak attack scaling, but 45 seconds at 40% CDR is 27 seconds. And with the built-in CDR of 15 seconds under the listed conditions, it goes as low as 12 seconds. It's a lot packed into one skill and can cause lots of pressure at all phases of the game compared to most ultimate abilities. It also synergizes with the Vine Chain's slow for some massive CC.

In my opinion, I think the cooldown should be raised a pretty decent amount, keep the leap, shield, magic damage, and stun, and maybe give her maximum Bloom stacks for herself and a stack for all of her allies caught in the ability.

Overall, I find it a nice take on Support combat. And somehow I can't help but instantly be reminded of the Nomad class sprites from Fire Emblem when I see Khelsa. But also My Little Pony... And don't get me started on the possible skin ideas. But at least Soraka would have a friend she can relate to lol

Elphrihaim

3 Weeks Ago

Built-in CDR happens before CDR, so lowest possible CD is actually (45-15)*0.6=18 not (45*0.6)-15=12

Point of the ult was to make it low CD.

And... Damn it, I forgot there was another FE player on these forums. No relation at all to MLP, I haven't ever watched it (I have made a personal vow not to).

Khelsa's drawing is based on this: http://i.imgur.com/Ybsf1GP.png
Which is from the Mage Knight staff animation; as well as Ameterasu's brush-tail.

Remember that the TOTAL CC duration of the knockback+stun is 1 second, AND it is a sweetspot mechanic (like Leona's Solar Flare, though Khelsa's is bigger and the slow lasts longer, I may have to do some retuning for her).

Additionally, the main purpose in the CDR effect on the ult is to jump walls. You may notice that the Vine Chain (500 range) must be in the SWEETSPOT of the ult, which makes the cooldown decrease only available at a close range. Because of that, and the fact that she must wait 1 second between placing a vine and using her ult, the CDR mechanic is probably not going to be utilized in the midst of combat.

Angeluslight

3 Weeks Ago

Well that makes a slight difference, but it was still quite a low cooldown overall for an ability so heavily packed in utility. But you raised it and further compromised for it all with the CC changes and such. And I like the new Bloom effect that you added.

I definitely had Leona's ult in mind when looking the ability over, but there's much difference in the mechanics/utility behind each. Also, I imagine Hecarim and Khelsa dashing at each other with their respective abilities in a head-on collision of flowery and ghastly proportions for an epic battle.

So you took the rider and the horse from that sprite and mushed them together? Sounds painful. But at least it's from Fire Emblem rather than MLP...that would have been something painful for all of us. Lol

Elphrihaim

3 Weeks Ago

WHAT BLOOM EFFECT?!

OVERGROWTH IS THE AP ON-HITTING PASSIVE

BLOOM IS A HEAL THAT GIVES YOU BONUS HEALTH UPON ATTACKING

*rage explodes*

On the art end; I didn't take any part of the rider, I erased the rider in paint, fixed the sprite to have no rider, then split apart each piece of the body of the horse, distorted it, and traced the distorted and split parts using Photoshop.

And yeah, I was inspired by Hec's ult for Khelsa's. They are both horses, after all.

Angeluslight

3 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphrihaim View Post
WHAT BLOOM EFFECT?!

OVERGROWTH IS THE AP ON-HITTING PASSIVE

BLOOM IS A HEAL THAT GIVES YOU BONUS HEALTH UPON ATTACKING

*rage explodes*

On the art end; I didn't take any part of the rider, I erased the rider in paint, fixed the sprite to have no rider, then split apart each piece of the body of the horse, distorted it, and traced the distorted and split parts using Photoshop.

And yeah, I was inspired by Hec's ult for Khelsa's. They are both horses, after all.

Overgrowth*, sorry lol

All I see are flowers when I think of her abilities. Lots of flowers. And pain.

As for the art, I was moreso poking at the fun that the rider herself had green hair like Khelsa. And the sinister facial expression that says "I have a 55% chance of a critical strike on you."

Now let the horse race begin! Khelsa will probably cheat and use her slows on Hecarim.

--

Edited post response to below (can't give you too many free bumps, you know! Lol):

I was just poking fun at how Khelsa would cheat or attempt to cheat in the race lol

And the critical strike chance was purely a reference to Fire Emblem, especially since I was talking about how you combined the horse and Selena together.

Re: Re: Flowers: Flower Power.

Elphrihaim

3 Weeks Ago

Hecarim's Onslaught of Shadows has more range, so even if Khelsa Essence Rushes -> Traps, he can just jump over them. At that point, the fact that Khelsa has no MS steroids and Hec does translates into a won race for him.

Yes, the rider has green hair (because it's Selena Flourspar's Mage Knight battle sprite), but Khelsa's hair is a grass-green
.. Yes, that expression totally looks like "I have critical strike chance". Because a hard AP scaling melee champion would totally build IE, Shiv, and Trinity Force.

re flowers: http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs12/i/20...asu_by_J_C.jpg

Elphrihaim

5 Days Ago

... Why would a horse do that to a fellow horse?

It's not my fault that both games have crits.

Flowers.

Are the best. Amaterasu's flowers are amazing, spawning in the moments that her feet leave the ground.

I just noticed that you had given a response, Angelus. Plus, I felt like bumping this thread.

Angeluslight

4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphrihaim View Post
... Why would a horse do that to a fellow horse?

It's not my fault that both games have crits.

Flowers.

Are the best. Amaterasu's flowers are amazing, spawning in the moments that her feet leave the ground.

I just noticed that you had given a response, Angelus. Plus, I felt like bumping this thread.

For the Triple Crown! Duh!

Your face has crits!

If only your responses came as fast as Amaterasu's flowers. Pfft. Lol

Bump.