Ionian Fervor (Sequel to the War for Freljord Series)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loso

08-29-2012

Good luck with your break Silly. Hope everything's okay.

Prozn856

Recruiter

09-02-2012

BUmp

Silly Season

Recruiter

09-03-2012

Part 23
He watched as the soldiers clashed yet again. The Ionians had dug into the southern province of Navori and weren’t letting it go without a fight. However, Singed knew the province would soon be his. His contact in the Ionian capital had been sent down to bolster the enemy’s defenses in the south. His contact had been slowly going crazy after losing something precious to Singed’s old master Warwick, and had been ripe for the taking when he met them.

Singed had railed against Warwick and his policies, despite still being on excellent terms with the wolf, and it had won over the newly fragile mind of his contact. By all accounts, no one had noticed any strange behavior other than the woman becoming far more introverted than she used to be.

It had been the previous night that the woman managed to slip away into Singed’s tent and tell him that the defenses would fall shortly. Singed had been on the lookout all day when suddenly, the barricade they had built to keep invaders out collapsed of its own accord. Singed had already marshaled his troops and gave a triumphant yell, urging them onwards.

Although the Ionians had all taken to wearing masks, avoiding the effects of the chemical weapons, there was nothing they could do when taken by surprise. It was a bloodbath, and Singed saw General Wukong appear at the head of the lines. His contact was nowhere to be seen, though that didn’t surprise him. If she could manage to stay under cover longer, she may be able to deliver the capital as well.

General Wukong attempted to get his forces under control, but the swiftness of the attack quickly wore down the Ionian’s defenses. The Monkey King roared out “Retreat! Retreat to the rendezvous point.” The bulk of the Ionian forces began to exit the battlefield and Singed called out for his forces to give chase. He smiled. ‘Only two more provinces until I reach the capital,’ he thought.

Yes, the invasion was going swimmingly.

http://leaguetales.wordpress.com/

Ancient Pire

09-04-2012

Jayceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Silly Season

Recruiter

09-04-2012

Part 24
The Malthrir province had fallen. He was waiting for the signal from Singed before setting forth for the capital. Viktor smiled inside his metal mask and walked to the door. He was staying in a mansion that had recently been abandoned by the local Ionians. He stepped outside and looked around the city. Though the entire area was occupied by his troops, they were staying deathly silent, an easy trick for androids.

As he stood there, contemplating the next step, an explosion rocked the outskirts of the city. The lights in the city went out immediately, but Viktor could still see perfectly with his new robotic eyes. Even though the explosion had been miles away, Viktor immediately began sprinting towards it. His metal legs clanked against the paved roads as he ran tirelessly through the streets. He stopped only when he reached one of his commanders, running towards him.

“What happened here?” he asked menacingly. The commander bowed his head and got on his knees, saying, “I’m sorry master, but they somehow snuck inside the city. The explosion took out our electricity and I was just coming to get you.” Viktor was angry, but merely instructed his commander to rally the troops.

He began to run again, heading towards the area where the explosion had gone off. When he reached his destination, he was shocked at the size of the wreckage. An entire block lay in ruin, and smoke billowed up from the crater that was left over. A deep, haughty voice came out of the hole and said, “Ah General Viktor. I’ve been waiting for our meeting on the battlefield. Feel free to give up now.”

Viktor was about to reply when a huge man leapt out of the shadows, bringing a huge hammer crashing down in front of him…

Ancient Pire: I have no clue what you're talking about xD
Ahloso: Thank you! The week was rough, but now I just want to write more than ever
Proz: Moar finally coming!

Prozn856

Recruiter

09-05-2012

Yay we have more!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ancient Pire

09-06-2012

then darius comes and killz every one

Silly Season

Recruiter

09-06-2012

Part 25
The explosion from the yordle’s bomb rocked the city, and Lee felt the ground tremble above him. He knew now that they had to wait. General Viktor, quickly gaining a reputation as the “Machine Herald”, was sure to underestimate any Ionian resistance. He had taken the territory of Malthrir with little fuss, and Lee Sin was banking on him growing overconfident.

They had arrived in the city a week ago with the full force of Piltover behind them. Caitlyn had gone with Lee to deliver his speech to the board of directors that ran Piltover. The eloquent speech was perfect, striking the leaders using both ethos and pathos. He knew he would have been unable to do it without Caitlyn’s help, and he also knew he wasn’t going to be leaving her again.

Later that day, he met up with Riven and she told him about her meeting with the yordle Ziggs. Apparently it had gone quite well, and although Lee Sin cringed when she told him the price, he agreed that it was good thinking on her feet. It would have to be done, and it would be better than an Ionia governed by Zaun. With that, she told him where to meet Ziggs and left for Demacia.

It had not take long for the Piltover army to get assembled, and Lee Sin was allowed to relax for a few days with the Sheriff of Piltover. The two spent the days catching up, making new memories and the Blind Monk was as happy as he’d been in years.

Two days after the agreement, Lee Sin was approached by a man with a deep, powerful voice. He had introduced himself as Jayce, the newly appointed Piltover general. They discussed what their strategy would be, and Lee Sin was impressed. The man exuded confidence and had a plan set up before Lee could suggest anything. The two shook hands and cemented their attack plan quickly. After the man had left, Lee asked Caitlyn why he’d never heard of him. Caitlyn’s answer was cryptic.

“Jayce seemed to come from nowhere. All I know is that he was once a talented blacksmith, but upon reaching Piltover he enrolled in a competition for showing off manufactured weapons. He came with an amazing hammer that was secretly a pulse rifle.” She paused and Lee could hear how impressed she was. “He blew the competition away with ease and the Piltover high command called on him. After two days, he was appointed the leader of our armed forces. It was quite a shock to the people, but the Board of Directors aren’t exactly stupid. They must have had their reasons… Even if no one knows where he came from.” Lee had found this odd, but declined to comment.

Soon they had found themselves ferrying over towards Ionia and carrying out their plan. A small strike force had assembled at the eastern edge of town, consisting of himself, Caitlyn, Ziggs, and Jayce. Taking a secret underground route into the city, the group prepared. Ziggs had gone topside quickly to set off his bomb and then they had waited. Perfectly at midnight, the bomb went off as planned and the group grew silent and tense.

They did not have to wait long before Lee felt the group’s anticipation around him. He had heard the sound of metal steps approaching, and from their reactions, he knew his comrades were aware. He heard general Jayce say beside him, “Ah, General Viktor. I’ve been waiting for our meeting on the battlefield. Feel free to give up now.” Lee Sin heard a slight intake of breath above him and felt a small shockwave hit the ground.

Jayce had leapt up, and Lee Sin heard a loud clash as metal met metal. He smiled to himself. The War for Ionia had begun in earnest.

In case anyone can’t tell, I’m changing Jayce’s backstory a bit. Obviously I’ve done this before when I see fit, just warning people. This has been set up for a while, (like before Jayce had a released lore, so technically this one isn’t really my bad… cough) so I hope you all enjoy over-the-top foreshadowing . Personally, I’m ecstatic to be back and I’m glad you all stuck around. Have a good one summoners, and I think I can say I’m back on a daily schedule.

Ancient Pire

09-06-2012

heheh then blitz comes and saves the dayyyy

Silly Season

Recruiter

09-07-2012

Part 26
A metallic clang rang out through the air as his attacker’s hammer crashed onto Viktor’s conducting rod. The force of the blow made Viktor skid backwards, and a horrible scraping sound came out from his metal legs. The attacker straightened himself up and smiled. He had chiseled good looks and wavy brown hair that somehow looked freshly done, despite his physical exertions. From the instant he saw him, Viktor knew this man was everything he hated about the human race.

“General Viktor, your reflexes are quite excellent.” The man spoke with an over the top, almost campy, demeanor that set Viktor’s now non-existent teeth on edge. “And who might you be?” Viktor asked, hoping his disdain would manage to be conveyed through his metallic rebreather. “I am General Jayce, commander of the Piltover forces. Consider your reign here, terminated.” He smiled an ingratiating smile and suddenly charged forward at Viktor, swinging his hammer.

Viktor blocked it again and quickly shot a blast out at the general from the laser on his back. Jayce dodged to the side and laughed heartily. Everything this man did was causing Viktor’s blood to boil, and his own anger surprised him. One of the reasons he had opted to become cybernetic was to eliminate these useless emotions, which caused sloppy mistakes in battle.

Just as Viktor was about to attack again, he heard a slight whirring noise coming from the smoking crater behind Jayce. Wondering what it was, he paused for a moment before a sniper bullet came roaring forward and penetrated his chest armor. It struck one of his lungs, and Viktor knew he was in trouble. He immediately lay down a gravity generator and began to run from the fight.

Looking back over his shoulder, he saw Jayce and three others climbing out of the crater get caught in the generator’s field. ‘At least that will slow them for a moment,’ he thought to himself. He hurried forward and saw an army in the distance. Though he could not see that far away, the infared sensors on his optical eyes didn’t sense any heat, so he knew it was his cyborg army coming.

Running towards them, he expended most of his energy getting there. As he reached the commander he said, “An advance force.” He coughed through his rebreather, “Deal with them.” With that, he summoned over medics and told them to do what they needed to repair him. His human remains were becoming more of a bother with each passing day.

The medics ripped open his chest and began to repair the collapsed lung. Another explosion rang out in the distance and Viktor knew his forces had met the group. Though his chest was throbbing with pain, he kept himself focused on ways to deal with General Jayce, and the pain he could inflict on that insufferable man. He even managed a small smile behind his mask when he heard another explosion come from the opposite direction.

Confused, Viktor sat up in the middle of his makeshift operation, collapsing the lung all over. Though he ached with pain, he reached inside his own chest and ripped out the worthless organ. The medics cried out and attempted to get him to sit down, but all the General said was, “Solder the wound for now. I’ll replace it after this battle.” The medics protested and he merely shot one of them with a laser blast, killing him instantly. He turned towards the other. “Do as I command.”

The medic, looking frightened, complied and Viktor lay back down. As soon as this was done, Viktor would take charge again. Malthrir was his.