Agree with me? Yay or nay!

Yay 8 53.33%
Nay 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Current Leaver Penalty System too harsh

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tonguey

08-01-2012

Now, I know that many of us hate players who leave games. I happen to be one of those people: the person who constantly leaves games. My internet is incredibly unstable (I even joke ot it as shady). Because of this. there can be up to 2-3 times per game that I disconnect randomly. I am always able to get back into the game about 1-2 minutes later with ease. However, Riot Games punishes me with a one day suspension. I feel like this is what is too rough. Whether or not I deserved to be punished is something else: the one day ban is.

Whenever I try to login now, it doesn't even let me interact with the interface. In fact, I can't even buy a new skin, or play a bot game (BY MYSELF)! Why can't I work on my rune pages, or decide which champion to buy next. That would be absolutely wonderful if I could do any of that stuff.

Imagine bans/suspensions as prison. In prisons, they have the decency to include areas to work out, and go outside everyday. In that view, it would be fair to include some basic tasks for me to occupy my time. This update should be traeted just like the punishment for dodging, except the countdown is for an entire day or week lol.

Thanks for listening! I would love to see Riot Games employees read this and for people to give feedback!

This is my first forum post ever : oooo

DavidGX

08-01-2012

If your connection isn't good enough for the game then the solution is to no longer play it.

Naezma

08-01-2012

I think they should make it so you don't get a penalty unless people report you for leaving/afking.

They should also have GameMasters who spectate games frequently, instead of relying on reports. Because a lot of raging noobs like to false report people to satisfy their anger. Next thing you know, you're banned because some noob hates you.

valladao

08-01-2012

Imagine the hard times the guys in your team had "just" because you left the game for 1-2 minutes. its not easy to survive alone in a lane agaisnt 2 opponents. Imagine that because of you your team may have lost a team fight.
My point is: you cant play a whole game without problems, then dont play so you wont ruin others game.

Alvex

Recruiter

08-01-2012

Dude 1 isnt anything...coz of my connection I used to get banned for 4 days straight. I am sure its pretty sure that it would have annoyed the team mates a lot..gotta deal with it. If you really like playing the game then do what I did, make another account and play on that when your main account is temporarily banned. My second account is already level 14 :P

Naezma

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by valladao View Post
Imagine the hard times the guys in your team had "just" because you left the game for 1-2 minutes. its not easy to survive alone in a lane agaisnt 2 opponents. Imagine that because of you your team may have lost a team fight.
My point is: you cant play a whole game without problems, then dont play so you wont ruin others game.
Are you saying you never had to leave a game? Check on cooking food, or attend something when in the middle of a match?

People, like me, who don't sit for 24 hours a day playing LoL, are concerned about getting banned for days because of this penalty.

Tonguey

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naezma View Post
I think they should make it so you don't get a penalty unless people report you for leaving/afking.

They should also have GameMasters who spectate games frequently, instead of relying on reports. Because a lot of raging noobs like to false report people to satisfy their anger. Next thing you know, you're banned because some noob hates you.
You have a very good point. Maybe, Riot Games should save the replays of the games, and if a person has lag or dc issues, they can review it themselves if the punishment is harsh enough.

Tonguey

08-01-2012

I thank all of you guys for replying, but no one has discussed about the main point of this post: that the punishment itself, what I am restricted to do, is too harsh. I want to do somethings in the meanwhile, like runes and skins.