Aura Taric + AP Taric in ranked play.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aircross

09-10-2010

EDIT: I meant to write Aura Taric vs. AP Taric in the topic title.

I've been tanking with Aura Taric since open beta. With the recent nerfs to Imbue's base amount and buff to Imbue's AP ratio, I would like to know if it's possible to tank with AP Taric and if AP Taric is just as viable (even more viable) than Aura Taric.

Here's my Aura Taric build for reference...

1. Soul Shroud
2. Mercury Treads
3. Aegis of the Legion
4. Stark's Fervor
5. Frozen Heart
6. Guardian Angel

Sometimes I get Chalice of Harmony before Stark's Fervor since it's a cheap source of mana regen and magic resistance.

Here's an AP Taric I've thought off...

1. Rod of Ages for hp.
2. Mercury Treads
3. A second Rod of Ages if possible. Maybe Haunting Guise.
4. Rylai's Crystal Scepter for hp and aoe slow.
5. Randuin's Omen

If anyone knows a good AP Taric build that can tank, I'd like to see it.

Also, is Abyssal Scepter a good item for Aura Taric?

TFFoS

09-10-2010

You could go somewhere in between.

I generally go:
Chalice
Merc Treads
Aegis
Mejajis
Soul shroud
Hardly ever take more than 5 items to win a game as Taric.

You can get over 100 AP from the soulstealer alone, if you don't roflstomp the other team before then.

Shinslammer

09-10-2010

Taric doesn't need AP to heal well. My build is chalice>boots>aegis>soul shroud>starks(sometimes BV).

He also isn't really a tank, but that build is as close as you're gonna get him.

AP taric dies WAY too fast imo. You're also gonna be their first pick every fight as soon as they see your items.

Chaotic Bliss

09-10-2010

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ke-taric-14380

This is a great AP build. And you arent a glass cannon. This Taric nukes from early game, if you build right. You can push uncontested, make short work of most champs, and easily make ganks and group fights a breeze. Insane Mpen? Yes. If they buy MR, this high Mpen will more or less null that item. You will deal great amounts of dmg, and farming is a breeze. Dont think so? Try it. Play smart and it works. Play like a noob and you fail

Shinslammer

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic Bliss View Post
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ke-taric-14380

This is a great AP build. And you arent a glass cannon. This Taric nukes from early game, if you build right. You can push uncontested, make short work of most champs, and easily make ganks and group fights a breeze. Insane Mpen? Yes. If they buy MR, this high Mpen will more or less null that item. You will deal great amounts of dmg, and farming is a breeze. Dont think so? Try it. Play smart and it works. Play like a noob and you fail
Not to put down your shameless self promotion, but that build blows. First of all, I could buy microsoft for half of that build's cost. You prioritize dazzle over shatter, so you don't even have the ability to farm up something like that. You 100% are a glass cannon that's getting into melee range to burst. My tank build still gets bursted down a lot. Taric is great at handling steady dps with his ult and imbue, but sucks at eating burst. Your build is for pubstomping. Any decent team that checks your items will wreck you squishy ass first thing in every fight as soon as they see you go AP.