Creative Design AMA - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunBladist

08-01-2012

Since Shyvana was taught to control and focus her anger as a means of power; how does she feel about other anger or fury-based champs?

For example, Olaf, Renekton, Tryndamere, and Udyr?

Does she like them, detest them, understand them and their motives? Do they all go to anger management together?

Any answer would be appreciated.

Jazman84

08-01-2012

The awkward moment when Jarvan puts on his Dragonslayer uniform...

lÆÐtïm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

So her gauntlets are simply armor that was crafted for her, but in the splash art, some of her armor seems to be growing out of her skin. Are those parts of the armor a part of her body? If so what parts of her armor are her own body (is the funky looking helmet actually not a helmet)?

Robo sphincter

08-01-2012

RiotRunaan: You've mentioned a few times that shyvana hasnt been able to become dragon form unless she felt great rage, would other strong emotions enable her to transform? cause i cant see her transforming into a dragon because she is at peace with her self and the world XD.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

This question is less about Shyvana and more about the emotional/social humanization of champions.

Will you be doing all the champions, or will some be left alone?\

For example, I love Shen's character. His stern neutrality that also makes his inner being unknowable is a great design in my opinion. There are people who would beg non-stop to see his face, or have him go through some emotional breakdown, and I'm annoyed by how unaccepting some people are of 'mysterious' champions.

This goes for champions like Shaco and Master Yi as well. My heart will shudder if such a day comes where they are forced to remove their masks or act out of character.

Crunchdoggie

08-01-2012

This AMA is awesome! It's such a great way to have people understand Shyvana in a way the bio never could!

Shyvana was released about a week before Skyrim came out. Did the idea for a half-dragon come from the Dragonborn?

Do dragons know of her allegiance to Demacia? If so, has this caused trouble for the city-state?

Hidari Shotaro

08-01-2012

how would shyvana's relation ship with ahri turn out? ahri is also a mystical creature and humanoid and faces an internal conflict due to her powers?

Akaida

08-02-2012

If she were to leave Demacia where would she go?

Iron Ambssador

08-02-2012

As a lore enthusiast, roleplayer (Thanks for giving us our own forum Runaan ) and a great fan of Yordles, I have to ask this. How does Shyvana view the Yordles of Bandle City? Them being somewhat allied with Demacia. Especially the one she probably has met the most, the Iron Ambassador Poppy.

Udajit

08-02-2012

Runaan, this question is less about Shyvana in particularly and more regarding dragons in general for the LoL universe.

In what particularly direction is the lore department hoping to develop dragons into? Is the desired effect akin to a Forgotten Realms sort of diversity in power, alignment and intellectual capability or one more reflective of, say, Middle Earth, where they're all evil flying lizards who exist to make destruction? Or neither? In between?