Creative Design AMA - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dracorya

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by savov View Post
in the world of lol yes in real life, not sure xD
In pretty much all fantasy worlds where dragons are portrayed as sentient creatures: they always had the ability to use their magic to shapeshift. Dragonlance and DnD are good examples.

Gixia

08-01-2012

First, I just wanted to say how much of an improvement her new bio is over her previous iteration. While I liked her very first bio, I felt that the second one didn't do her justice in terms of showing what a badass she is, and this newest iteration is much better.

My question is, how does she feel towards Demacia itself? The fact that she operates on fury, and seems quite cold-blooded in-game, and the way she intimidates people (unintentionally or not), she doesn't really seem to personify Demacia's ideals. I kind of get the vibe that she doesn't really share Demacia's general beliefs or hold any loyalty to them, so much as she holds respect and loyalty towards Jarvan, and identifies herself as Demacian for his sake. Would you say that's accurate? Or does she hold more faith in Demacia's ideals than we actually get to see?

Zanes Zalesh

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracorya View Post
In pretty much all fantasy worlds where Dragons are portrayed as sentient creatures: they always had the ability to use their magic to shapeshift. Dragonlance and DnD are good examples.
And to breed with EVRETANG.

Half-Dragon humans, trolls, ogres, dogs, cats, horses, orcs, dwarfs, manatees, parrots and armored bears.

If it has discernible anatomy and is not undead, a dragon can breed true with it.

DeathScribe

08-01-2012

What happened to the remains of her father and the unnamed Drake that she and J4 killed?
(They could harvest it for gear, or another party (Zaun scientist, mages, for example) could take it for research.)

In her lore it says J4 "men". So did this event happen during or after J4 decided to explore unknown places? I mean how far did she come with him? From midway his journey?

Frostywolf

08-01-2012

i know this is probably off topic but is there any plans to implement more love interests in the champions story's ie: jarvan, shyvana

Gixia

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostywolf View Post
i know this is probably off topic but is there any plans to implement more love interests in the champions story's ie: jarvan, shyvana
If I can make a request, not this please. I'd prefer to see more examples of female and male characters being friends without them automatically having to become love interests. There's enough of that in fiction already.

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Awesome new details, did Yal discard the old story? That sucks, but it seems you've expanded on interaction with other dragons, hopefully we will see some might dragon emerge in opposition to her!

Zerglinator

08-01-2012

Does Shyvana take offense at the League officials creating a Dragonslayer Jarvan IV skin, however noncanonical it may be?

Or do skins literally not exist at ALL in the game's universe?

bahamutkaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Shyvana is a dragon slayer too, why is that a problem? Do humans automatically dislike a warrior because he's a man slayer?, maybe he's an ally, did you read the lore right in front of you?

Crunchdoggie

08-01-2012

I don't know if this thread is still active, but might as well try.
How is Shyvana like in person? Is she talkative to some? Reserved? She doesn't seem to care much about other champions ("I'm not sure she would have any particular thoughts on Twitch beyond 'snack,'"), but does she ever think about the big questions (like, does she ever ponder the "why"'s of the universe?)