Creative Design AMA - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon

First Riot Post
123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

08-01-2012

1.Would she want to have a true friend she can trust ,or even love ?
2.Is she interested in science as a tool or she doesnt care much about how to exploit world to cover your weakness ?
3.What does she think about others ?,kinda mixed champions like Twitch that while arent humans ,actually show humans needs and emotions like wearing clothes or even begin with his kind that he wants to create.

Sergar

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoNoah View Post
This lore doesn't tell us anything about her abilities, merely that she is strong. I find it hard to believe that this was accidentally left out, so I suppose you guys chose to leave this info out intentionally. Why is this? I believe there should be some sort of explanation or elaboration besides "She's a half-dragon" as to why/how she shifts from humanoid into a full on dragon....and how her armor shifts to fit. :X
TL;DR: Why is there no lore explanation for her abilities besides "She's a half-dragon"?
Sometimes "A Wizard Did It," is sufficient especially when dealing with magical creatures like dragons.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Any chance this will lead to a Dragon champion appearing claiming to be the Drake's brother, wanting revenge on Shyvana?

So much revenge in the Lore.

Renekton (to Nasus), Graves (TF), Shyvana (achieved), Rumble (against his fellow yordle "sell-outs"),Varus (all Noxians), Master Yi (to Singed), and I'm sure there's a few others I've missed.

Baneson

08-01-2012

Any insight into the character of Shyvana's mother? Was she a sorceress? Witch? Fey-spirit?

Melancholy Exile

08-01-2012

Is the explanation of unions between dragons and humans, from Shyvana's original lore, still canon?

Eruresto

08-01-2012

I really like it, but I can no longer think of J4 except as an overblown, pompous ass like Renekton Bot portrayed him. I am forever tainted.

But I like this new lore more for what it did in bringing J4 more in line with how he would actually act than anything it did for Shyv. Good job!

IceFire360

08-01-2012

Does Shyvana have any interaction with the dragon of Summoner's Rift?

Shyvana's Ironscale skin, though I'm guesssing not canon to the lore similar to most skins, could it be a representation of her mother? A dragon's abilities vary but I believe taking a form of something a dragon has in mind is common.

Birdy51

08-01-2012

Just how powerful is a true dragon? If I recall correctly, the ones on the Fields of Justice are essentially copies of the real thing. Would Shyvanna and Jarvan IV be able to defeat the drake if it did manage to recover?

Traestus

08-01-2012

Where did Shyvana get her gauntlets and armor? Did her father craft them for her or did Jarvan have them commissioned when they returned to Demacia?

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

08-01-2012

Not really a question, but rather a complaint.
If Shyvana has slain a half-dead dragon with the help of many Jarvan's men, why does she say that “She has proven her might to dragonkind"? It's not that hard to deliver a killing blow to already incapacitated dragon, is it?

123456 ... 10