Creative Design AMA - Shyvana, the Half-Dragon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorJetpack View Post
you never gave a real reason for that one specific drakes actions. You said she was hated by other dragons but they never attacked and tried to kill her like this one did. It just makes it hard to care.
The drake's reason was implied with "Dragonkind considered Shyvana’s impure blood an abomination", a sort of racism. I'd also figure the others just didn't care enough to keep chasing her.

Kato75

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

So basicly,Jarvan is friendzoned xD?
Also,on a more serious note,does the dragon transformation has any downsides to shyvana's,i mean,like it hurts when she transforms?
Seeing as her dragon form is fueled by rage,can she lose control of it?

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

Hm, I didn't realize there was a Shyvana AMA, for some reason.

I consider Shyvana one of League's more... interesting champions, so it'll be good to have some insight into her character. If I may...

1) Can Shyvana fly? I forget if you answered this one but it seems like "no, just jump really far."

2) She has a rage bar. Just who does she think she is?

3) Do those giant gauntlets of hers make it hard to grab things?

4) Shouldn't transforming into a dragon destroy all her clothing and armor?

5) Why doesn't it?

6) When she comes across a "do not walk on the grass" sign, does she activate Burnout just to be a jerk?

7) Dragons and crocodiles are very close, biologically speaking. ...What does Shyvana think of crocodiles?

8) What about massages?

9) What about mud wrestling?

10) What about just gentle, no-claws cuddling?

11) What about vicious, full-claws cuddling?

12) How does she feel about Jarvan's Dragonslayer skin?

13) How does she feel about anyone's dragonslayer skin? I assume it's the same way most folks feel about my humanslayer skin, which you guys still won't allow me to wear.

14) Favorite food?

15) Favorite crocodile-related activity that doesn't involve skinning?

16) Possibility of her letting me draw her like one of my French girls?

Ookitsu Fox

08-11-2012

Hey RiotRunaan.

You haven't posted for a while but figured I'd ask a question anyway.

If she were to discover that J4 had been possibly killed and replaced with leblancs illusion how would she react? Since I'm not sure when she came in with order of events. If the J4 she had known all along was really leblanc all along would that change her loyalties and way she acts around humans?

Since I know a few people would wonder what the hell I'm talking about. When J4 had struck the first blow against Swain at the event of Kalamanda in the image that came along with that event on the JoJ instead of Jarvan's reflection in swains armor it was leblanc.

AerithRayne

08-11-2012

Afternoon, Riot Runaan!

I apologize for the late post, but I promise it is relevant. Katarina's bio was very recently updated, and in the AMA thread, it was discussed that all "extra details" (such as Garen) were removed to make a "cleaner" story about just Katarina.

Why, then, was Jarvan allowed to stay in Shyvana's bio? Why not "an unsung Demacian hero" or some gibberish?

Don't get me wrong. I like the connection-making the bio kept, but that contradicts what RiotRaven said was going on in the lore-change department ("world-building" would be discussed elsewhere, or something to that effect).

Ookitsu Fox

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerithRayne View Post
Afternoon, Riot Runaan!

I apologize for the late post, but I promise it is relevant. Katarina's bio was very recently updated, and in the AMA thread, it was discussed that all "extra details" (such as Garen) were removed to make a "cleaner" story about just Katarina.

Why, then, was Jarvan allowed to stay in Shyvana's bio? Why not "an unsung Demacian hero" or some gibberish?

Don't get me wrong. I like the connection-making the bio kept, but that contradicts what RiotRaven said was going on in the lore-change department ("world-building" would be discussed elsewhere, or something to that effect).
It's because Jarvan unlike Garen had something to do with their defining moment.

Urbaknight

08-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
Of the three of them, she probably gets along with Xin Zhao the best (second to Jarvan, of course).
Any reason why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post
3. I'm not sure she would have any particular thoughts on Twitch beyond "snack," but human-like champions I think she'd have mixed feelings on.
Would she go out of her way to try to eat Twitch? Is she really that hungry? Does she know that Twitch has human-like intelligence/sentience (would that factor into her decision to eat him or not)?

Urbaknight

08-13-2012

Bump