Issue with Bonus Attack Damage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dinlek

09-10-2010

Recently purchased Akali, and heard that if you can get +4 damage through runes and masteries, you can start with a Doran's Blade instead of the +10 sword out of the gate. I figured this would be a useful advantage, so I purchased a Quintessence of Strength and a Mark of Strength (added together giving +2 AD), and specced 14 into the Offensive tree, giving me +2 damage through Brute Force.

However, at the beginning of the game, I still only receive +2 damage, giving me +8 with Dorans blade. I made practice game and reset my masteries, leaving me with +0 AD, so that means that, for whatever reason, my Quintessence of Strength and Mark of Strength are adding themselves to my damage. Am I missing something here?

EDIT: Very...wierd. It just...started working. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me, but whatever. Glad I didn't end up wasting 500 IP for the t2 runes.

Leib Olmai

09-10-2010

Beginning the game with some more health (Dorian's Blade) is always a plus if you don't want to give first blood.

xpsychedelico

09-10-2010

You should make sure you pick the right rune page before a game. There are two pages, and you also have to make sure you save your rune page after you put the runes in, or the changes will not be added on to your champion when selected. With a Quint of strength, the masteries that give you 3 attack damage with brute force, and a doran's blade, you should proc her passive. It may have been a bug that prevented the total damage from being added on to your champion, but it is good that it is working now.

Sometimes changes to your account, like runes and buying champions, require a relog to implement the changes. It shouldn't be so, but usually this fixes such issues.