Dominion matchmaking fails SO HARD (screen shot)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

efexkiller

08-01-2012

ELO comes from wins, which my team has very few of. I love how stating " Matchmaking is based on ELO " ignores the fact that someone with 0 wins cannot have the same elo as someone who is 30-20 (or any similar example)

hinderlopen

08-01-2012

sadly, people with 0 wins can actually have the same elo as those with 30-20 or other scores, it just depends on much elo they gained from each win or lost from each loss. Those with 0 wins will have the average elo of 1250, and those with more could have only faced people of lower elo, resulting in low gain and high loss of elo.

Degenero

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by efexkiller View Post
I don't have fun carrying 4 people completely new to the game. I want to play with people who have some experience. Why is that such a hard request?

If you are playing Halo and you are good, do you want to play against people who have never played before and farm them, or do you want a good challenge?

If you are playing Basketball, or any physical sport, do you want people on your team who have played before, or never seen the game?

If you are playing Pool, doubles, do you want someone on your team who has never played before ? Or on the other team ? No, you want someone of equal skill.

This can be applied universally to all games.
Why play a smurf account then?

efexkiller

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinderlopen View Post
sadly, people with 0 wins can actually have the same elo as those with 30-20 or other scores, it just depends on much elo they gained from each win or lost from each loss. Those with 0 wins will have the average elo of 1250, and those with more could have only faced people of lower elo, resulting in low gain and high loss of elo.
While this is technically possible, the way it actually works is matchmaking balances the ELOs of the members of the team and tries to match the averages on both teams. for example:

Ally1- 1700 elo
Ally2- 1600 elo
Ally 3 900 elo
Ally4 800 elo
Ally5 700 elo

Average 1140 Elo

Enemy1 1200 Elo
Enemy2 1200 Elo
Enemy3 1400 Elo
Enemy4 1000 Elo
Enemy5 1050 elo

Average 1170 ELo

This would be considered "Balanced teams " by matchmaking. In reality, the way this game snowballs so hard, the lower elo players just feed the better ones and cause a loss for their team. The same thing happens in all game types in all MOBAs - dominion is no different in that regard.

Stop trying to act like just because it was a win it was balanced.

efexkiller

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degenero View Post
Why play a smurf account then?
This happens just as much on level 30 accounts. I have different champs on different accounts so sometimes I switch to play the champ I want, or wait out a que dodge from a troll team.

That doesn't of course negate my argument, but I'll humor you

AbsolutePK

08-01-2012

I made a couple similar screenshots back when JabeBot was displaying elo.

Basically, it's always been a little off.

Degenero

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by efexkiller View Post
This happens just as much on level 30 accounts. I have different champs on different accounts so sometimes I switch to play the champ I want, or wait out a que dodge from a troll team.

That doesn't of course negate my argument, but I'll humor you
Quite obviously there are less <30 players than level 30 players so it will just match you with anyone available on a smurf.

<30 ELO = LoL.

DiscworldDeath

08-01-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2415892

This is a thread you created on the very same topic yesterday. Refrain from starting multiple threads on the same topic without sufficient time passing. Rather, add new content to the previous thread.

DiscworldDeath

08-01-2012

I've read the screenshot.

1. Some people start with 1,400 Elo, others with as little as 1,150.

2. I've seen many people with negative win/loss ratios. They often have an Elo lower than that of people with 0 games played. And of course, some people are like 20/20 and have 900 Elo. I've seen them when JabeBot posted his logs.
Read Lyte's thread. Matchmaking discounts win numbers almost completely, and for good reason.

3. The enemy Jax and Corki had amazingly bad builds, so it balanced out. I'd rather have fresh slate players, I guess.

4. Corki couldn't have taken most of his kills from you. You had 12 assists, he had 27 kills. Even if each assist you had was a kill Corki "stole", it still only accounted for less than half his kills.

5. Point #4 is important, because what I'm trying to say is this: You're behaving in a reprehensible way to the players in your game. Everything that goes well is your doing, everything bad that happens is theirs. This is exactly why they stopped the "Level 20 challenge" for perma-banned players. You're making new players, legitimately new players, have a bad experience, giving them a bad impression of this game and its members.
They're new, of course they're clueless. So help them learn, and be kind about it.

You are an example of what's wrong with smurfs. And you should stop.

0shi

08-01-2012

86 - 0, looks like an excellent close game to me.
Well done, Riot matchmaking.