Champion Bio Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TurambarLoL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Looking forward to more lore and more story-driven content. However, General Du Couteau = only one Talon is ultimately loyal to = Kat and Cass's dad = well known fact cross-supplemented by those three bios. I really like it when non-champ character reoccur in places and I think Talon's story and the LoL lore in general is poorer for the absence of General Du Couteau by name. All it does is take detail out, make the lore that little bit less deep.

Still definitely looking forward to more lore related stuff though. Off the top of my head, Fizz and Ahri could use a lot more depth to their bios! And like others have said - bring back the League Judgements - loved those! Lee Sin's and Vayne's were awesome.

Ronoh

Adjudicator

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
I hope you guys remember that I'm dating Ahri when you update our bios.
If Riot retcons this into reality I will buy every single skin in the store in thanks.

Swippinfrafes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
I hope you guys remember that I'm dating Ahri when you update our bios.
How could they forget?

DemiluniS

07-31-2012

you should update LeBlanc's lore because it actually doesn't tell anything about LeBlanc herself but that she's a part of the Black Rose

Spiration

07-31-2012

How often will these rewrites be coming out? Is two per patch going to be typical?

Also how many champions are going to get a rewrite? 50%? 75%? 90%?

And YAY thank you for this, a lot of my favorite champions are older and I'm really glad to hear you guys will still be giving them attention!

Wightraven

07-31-2012

Would it be worth it to include small bios? Maybe not unnecessary details like height and weight and such, but specifically list the origin of the champion, or their political allegiance? The name of their weapon, perhaps, their favorite things and maybe their purpose in the league? Hell, you could probably just make this kind of info available on the site for those looking to learn more than the bios in the game itself offer.

I dunno, just a thought. Maybe it's too cheesy for LoL.

VriskaSpider

07-31-2012

I'm very excited for this :3

Swippinfrafes

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightraven View Post
The name of their weapon, perhaps, their favorite things and maybe their purpose in the league?
If that were to happen, the following things must be in Draven's lore/bio:

Name of weapon(s): Draven Jr. & Draven Jr. Jr., or "The Boys"
Favourite things: Draven - no wait, Draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaven.
Purpose in the League: Dravening.

Thornmaelstrom

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Hey lore fans!
More champion free will. We're shying away from champions being imprisoned, bound, or unable to shape their own destiny. For example, wed like bound champions like Cho'Gath and Brand to have more freedom. This is pretty scary, but it also is a great potential source of compelling stories.
I think that this means that the Institute of War should try to advertise and convince summoners to pick "bound" champions (Cho'Gath/Brand/Nocturne/Fiddlesticks/Kog'Maw,etc) as a way of keeping them busy on the fields of justice rather than spreading their influence through the free world.

StrictLand

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
We're going to do what's best for the champion, in most cases that will involve explaining their relationship with the shadow isles but I'm not 100% sure that will happen in every case.

Overall you guys are going to get more information!

Are we getting another Shadow Isles champion any time soon?