Champion Bio Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rustmaker

07-31-2012

Any chance of bringing back the League Judgments? I really liked observing the internal struggles of the champions and it really helped me get a much deeper understanding of the champion's personality. Any comments?

kitae

Lead Designer

07-31-2012
6 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzJack View Post
THANK YOU for confirming this.
Oops maybe I wasn't supposed to say that?

Wyl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
May I ask why not every Shadow Isles champ? you only have 4 Shadow Isles representatives and only 2 of them are not listed as Shadow Isles champs after their first lore rewrite.

EDIT: Also, Morde knowing about Hecarim in his lore would be awesome, I know after the Hecarim AMA that he and Morde may know each other and have different goals and clashing objectives.
Sure, Morde was riding Hecarim. Duh.

Eruresto

07-31-2012

kitae. are you letting every confined champ free? I think letting them all out would sacrifice some variety, no?

TheFactotum

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
I’m excited to announce that the first bio rewrites are coming out with the next patch. Shyvana and Fiora’s revised bios will be going live then. We will be doing an AMA for both of these bios, and we look forward to your feedback.
Just read the updated lore for Shyvana & Fiora on the PBE. Awesome Job Creative Team! Within both stories I get a strong sense of the champions, who they are, their goals, and what makes them special. I LOVE IT!!!!

I can't wait for more. If a lore update was in each upcoming patch I would be super excited! But you guys take your time, YOUR ALL AWESOME, I'll just wait for the EPIC

SeriouS LolruS

07-31-2012

Can I say I'm NOT excited for this? I've been rolepalying Irelia for a long time now and I'd rather not be faced with being called out of character after developing her character for so long.

Kaira Hiwatari

07-31-2012

I'm really sorry to say this, but it's some of the old lores that I love the best.
They tell you just enough to get a flavor of the champion but leave so much mystery, so much intrigue about what this champion might be like behind the scenes! One of my absolute Favorite lores is Talon's. I'm quite honestly really upset to hear you're changing it. I think it gives a GREAT impression of the blade's shadow.
I mean... He is called the blade's shadow. The shadow to the Du Couteau's leader! I feel he's a very important aspect of Talon, and removing him just... that's depressing

and here is a great example of why you shouldn't change it.
Coming in after Riot's first year was already through, I quite honestly never knew Mordgekaiser was from the Shadow Isles. His current lore makes him sound like a Noxian. and I really thought he was. I'm honestly shocked to find out he is from the Shadow Isles. and saddened I didn't know such a thing. Why are you ripping out such good information like that?

If I could make a suggestion, instead.
Please, Riot. Continue the league judgements.
If someone was so interested in a champion, it was the judgements that they went to, not just the simple lore page. By giving champions judgements, you really got a deep feel of the champion's mentalality from before they entered the league. This gave the greatest sense of attachment I ever felt to a champion. Cassiopeia's was beautiful. Talon's was beautiful. I don't think I know a single league judgement that was poorly written.
These more lengthy descriptions into a champions past- they provided a great feeling of understanding.

I can only hope that you wont keep brutalizing one of my biggest attachments to your game. I really love League of Legends, and what it's given me in comparison to other games in it's genre. No other game built in this style has made me felt so attached to it's characters.

Clockworksummonr

07-31-2012

Also, like I said in an earlier post, could you guys maybe touch up Hecarim's lore too? Hecarim ends up being a villian in his own lore and the commander is given more of a description than Hecarim does since all Hecarim gets is that he caused Havoc and Death...

It would also be nice if Orianna could get more relationships between other champs too... Like maybe Blitz? Since Orianna is kind of a loner right now..

Myrmidont

07-31-2012

So will this retcon things we already know about these champions out, or will it just clarify and add to what's already there?

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

I hope you guys remember that I'm dating Ahri when you update our bios.