Champion Bio Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrTemptragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Oh, yes. Can you make it clear if Eve is supposed to be Famine or not? I mean, it's obvious that Morde is Pestilence, Yorick is Death and Hec is War, but the only other Shadow Isles champ is Eve and... She doesn't seem to be a good Famine.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTemptragon View Post
Oh, yes. Can you make it clear if Eve is supposed to be Famine or not? I mean, it's obvious that Morde is Pestilence, Yorick is Death and Hec is War, but the only other Shadow Isles champ is Eve and... She doesn't seem to be a good Famine.
I always figured Eve wasn't born in the Shadow Isles, but simply visited and was warped by them.

Grand Viper

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipLashedz View Post
You should add birthdays for champions too!
I sort of imagined most of their birthdays are their release dates actually. It makes things a **** load easier in many cases.

Except for the original 40. Maybe they need proper birthdays.

And something just popped up in my head because of this. Would you be looking at the timeline of the League itself? I feel it's a bit confusing for the age of our Champions. Maybe a more clear timeline could be established for events and so forth? I mean, the Ionian War took place apparently 20 years ago, making Irelia...30 something at least? But she's described as a young woman? Just small things like that.

Baneson

08-01-2012

Will these lore updates be more in the style of current Lore that accompanies a champion or will they have more of a League Judgement kind of feel to them?

Just looked at what I typed and realized what I wanted so I'll just ask the question. Maybe it's been asked before, but hereitgoes:

League Judgements with Lore reworks please? If there's time? Thank you!

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

08-01-2012

So, can we find out where Shaco is from?

Moist Typewriter

08-01-2012

Maokai.

Kureyami

08-01-2012

Must Have SHEN REWRITE!

A Giant Boulder

08-01-2012

I'd really like to see some champion connections with Ryze. I really enjoy bio's that link champions together or explain certain relationships. Ryze, and many others have descriptions that only focus on them. I know not every champion needs to have a best friend or rival, as that could get old. But even including at least a quote about what another champion feels about another adds an extra layer of depth when you can imagine champions having relationships or opinions about one another.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

08-01-2012

My favorite champion is Sivir, though for gameplay reasons more then lore reasons (She's mostly just a "Will do anything for the money" mercenary).
I would like to get more info on her connections though. She's never mentioned in any other Lore, Event, JoJ... anything.

Khazzeron

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsOfGrandeur View Post
Will you be turning Amumu back into a Human?

I'm quite bitter about Riot resorting to changing our only human child character into a Yordle.
(I don't really see Nunu as a human. As his lore states of his heart, I respect him as a Yeti)

------

And, basically, you're going to be humanizing all our champions, so we can relate to them better?

I'm going to miss some of the unknowable personalities like Annie's darkness and Maokai's desire to be inanimate again, but I understand the marketing value motivation behind all this.

By humanizing - I mean, giving them emotions and more social backstories that are less "legendary" and more connectable.
Man, so many people can't understand a simple reference.

Humans have social relationships and emotions. Trees, Rock beings, and Incarnates of Fire? Not so much. >_>

They specifically stated: More relationships. Closer ties to the world. Free will. These are all ways of humanizing characters' personalities to make them more understandable from our view points.

It's not a baseless assumption - You're just dense.

You people will complain about anything. If it's not the name changing on Lux's ulty, now it's crying over changing some of the lore to make it BETTER.