Early August Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brumak4eva

08-01-2012

As far as I can see, I think the majority of changes are favorable. Amumu stacked way too well late game, so if any of you were wondering why they nerfed him a bit, that's why. Generally, even a decently farmed Amumu could come into a team battle with Curse of the Sad Mummy and completely wreck the enemy team, dealing heavy damage while setting them up to be destroyed simultaneously. Probably the best change overall, besides maybe the Cho'Gath buffs, which were greatly needed. I love how Riot still has the dedication to take older champs and rework them a bit (or a lot, as is the case from last patch), trying to make every character remain viable even as new ones are steadily introduced. Xin was slightly OP as well as Rumble so kudos for the slight balance there.
Now, for my criticisms: I don't feel that Rammus needed any changes (especially not a buff ) and I wish they would've taken a look at Lux again. Honestly, I feel that she does too much damage early game but doesn't scale well late game. Perhaps this has been my individual observation, potentially due to opponents opting for magic resistance but it's still my opinion nonetheless. A potentially reasonable alternative would be to reduce the lower level base spell damage, keep the higher level base spell damage the same, but slightly increase the AP ratio for all abilities while also increasing their cooldown. Because being hit by Infinite Light every 25 seconds... it's annoying.
All that being said, I do think this is a solid patch and that the balancing was done fairly and correctly. Good job, Riot.

KillerBe12

08-01-2012

good job on Xin. he's a troll.. way too op. Nice fix. Tw cask was also too slow, nice job on that. Nothing else.

Have fun community.

Hątsune Miku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

Tidus Ezreal!

Gr8Newbie

08-01-2012

Can some one buff or do something about Sejuani? buff her or change skill, no one seems to play her... i feel sorry for her

Jesse Kim

08-01-2012

so you decide to make the new nice looking ashe into a ugly looking one again
especially after i got queen ashe after the 1st remake
i hate you people now

WillyWilton

08-01-2012

Lovin' all the changes, but still sad that the malz bug wasn't fixed... It's been all over the bug forums for quite some time.

cogitatio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

No Nerf to darius? He really needs one.

HolyHammerStrike

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumak4eva View Post
As far as I can see, I think the majority of changes are favorable. Amumu stacked way too well late game, so if any of you were wondering why they nerfed him a bit, that's why. Generally, even a decently farmed Amumu could come into a team battle with Curse of the Sad Mummy and completely wreck the enemy team, dealing heavy damage while setting them up to be destroyed simultaneously. Probably the best change overall, besides maybe the Cho'Gath buffs, which were greatly needed. I love how Riot still has the dedication to take older champs and rework them a bit (or a lot, as is the case from last patch), trying to make every character remain viable even as new ones are steadily introduced. Xin was slightly OP as well as Rumble so kudos for the slight balance there.
Now, for my criticisms: I don't feel that Rammus needed any changes (especially not a buff ) and I wish they would've taken a look at Lux again. Honestly, I feel that she does too much damage early game but doesn't scale well late game. Perhaps this has been my individual observation, potentially due to opponents opting for magic resistance but it's still my opinion nonetheless. A potentially reasonable alternative would be to reduce the lower level base spell damage, keep the higher level base spell damage the same, but slightly increase the AP ratio for all abilities while also increasing their cooldown. Because being hit by Infinite Light every 25 seconds... it's annoying.
All that being said, I do think this is a solid patch and that the balancing was done fairly and correctly. Good job, Riot.
I would have preferred if they nerfed the disconnects.

Pandémur

08-01-2012

Am I the only one who dislikes the new Ezreal icon?

Brumak4eva

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The23rdPiGGuin View Post
And still, no one's going to play Hecarim.
Uh, Hecarim is very viable and very deadly with the right team. Few champions can initiate like he can, while the emphasis on movement speed allows you to get in and out of confrontations quickly and maintain jungle like a boss. Build him bulky/cdr and you have a character who can whittle down opponents with quick, solid ganks.