'Ruby, Je T'aime Beaucoup' - Role-Play Sign-Up Thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiang Li

07-31-2012

Note: This thread also serves as the Off-Character thread.

They sat on a comfortable wooden bench on the patio. The tranquil, flat garden, grown and caressed for years, from even before their births, by their grandparents, lay swaying with the cool, gentle air of winter, with the sun watching over. Their fingers held between fingers. The warmth of their years of being together had made the birth of winter seem like the common, kind days in Ionia.
She rested the side of her head on his shoulder, the scent of lavender that was in her modest Ionian dress felt soft on his arm. Ruby and Li Kiang, an Ionian couple that seemed to value one another over their lives, watched as doves pecked on the seed bell that hung on a tree branch. Their lives were almost ideal; a redheaded tailor and a fisherman.

Until that one night…

The sounds of slamming and furniture falling in the living room of the two-storey house took his attention away from the salmon salad he was making. He slid the food away as he was interrupted and wielded the kitchen knife.

“Li! Li!” a woman’s voice screamed. No person would hear the voices except for the few near the house itself. Living a distance from the rest of the province had harsh outcomes, but none that extended to this. The voice was swiftly muffled.

Li ran to the door, and then saw it shut and barricaded by a horse cart, catching a glimpse of Ruby being restrained by large arms after. He managed to ram it open with most of his strength. He stumbled into the stone path that lay between the gardens, but he managed to compose himself after. His left shoulder was stabbed by his own knife, but he was determined to rescue Ruby. He ran into the darkness of the labyrinth of trees and bushes, tracking the voice.

Suddenly, the old hilt of a sword bashed his forehead, rendering him unconscious.
He woke up in the morning, noticing how he was laid down on the floor, flat on his stomach. He stood and looked around, seeing that his home was half-destroyed; all of the furniture was either shattered or knocked over. The stairs leading to the second floor of the house were evidently destroyed by some sort of… explosion.

Li made his way to town in his ninja garb, seeking cooperation from the rest of the province, but his name was not known. He made way to Bilgewater after many hours of searching for bounty boards, but the Ionian society forbids it. He spotted a mercenary house the instant he landed. He brought a sack of gold, but it seemed that he was known for his past actions.

A grizzled man, who looked vigorous for his age, wearing an eye patch over his right, scarred eye and the worn, ill-fitting grey shirt and trousers of a bounty hunter, looked Li in the eye with recognition and spoke to him:

“Li Kiang,” he said, “I remember ye from the manor mission. Word’s gotten ‘round Bilgewater, Zaun and Noxus ‘bout yer deeds back at Piltover!”

Li bowed before the man before being told to rise.

“Now-now, we’re not in ye peacenik country ‘ere, mate.” He leaned on the old, worn-our counter, “What can I ‘elp ye with, mate?”

“I seek allegiance to find my love.”

“Ah!” He said enthusiastically as he took out a key ring with one large, brass key. “What type’s fer ye, kid? I got all ye want righ--” he was cut off by a wave from the ninja.

“No; I seek cooperation to find my love, who was taken from me not long ago.” He said with the shred of calmness he had left.

“Ah! Then I’ll put somethin’ on the board and we’ll find some!”

Li nodded in agreement.

Alright, guys n' gals, we'll get this up and running soon. There are only 5 spots open. I have created specific rules for this Role-Play:

I. No Champions that do not originate from: Ionia, Bilgewater and Zaun. I would prefer it if the group does not have any Champions at all. Furthermore, Champion participants will require a valid reason as to why they are here. Amusement and/or just rocking up out of nowhere to fight are not valid reasons. However, Miss Fortune is exempt from this rule.

II. The common Role-Playing rules apply.

III. A limit of 8 abilities are allowed;

- 3 magic/physical abilities;
- 3 item-originating abilities, such as weapons;
- 2 miscellaenous abilities, such as conjuring food/water or for entertainment, such as Brand's dance and taunt. This spot is not moderated in power but the other two above are.

Note: These abilities do not count your passive abilities, such as being capable of sprinting extended distances. You may bring those, but please do not have any form of invulnerability.

IV. Do not progress the story idependently when I am away.

---

Characters accepted:
Kyo Xian
Ahn Leng Sung
Trixy
Mint
Paltala
Please wait until it is Friday, the 3rd of August, in Australia to see the final outcome of the participants accepted. The above may change at any time.

Mintneo

07-31-2012

(( I'd be interested in participating in this role play. Mint is which character I'd use, though I can tone down which skillset he's able to use. Since his dances are his skills though I guess we can work something out. The only conflict I can see is his background, being alive for 3000 years. I think this is minor, seeing as his usual area of origin/time spent was Zaun. Thoughts?))

Shinozaki Ayumi

07-31-2012

I'm wanting to put Trixy in here, but im not sure,
I guess she could use her Gunshot, or Gunshot barrage as one, Beam of magic two, And Ace of Diamonds Three.

She can only use One Item originating, which is Sword of spades,

And Mr Hat and cape for Miscellaenous, with her magic Pouch,

Kiang Li

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintneo View Post
(( I'd be interested in participating in this role play. Mint is which character I'd use, though I can tone down which skillset he's able to use. Since his dances are his skills though I guess we can work something out. The only conflict I can see is his background, being alive for 3000 years. I think this is minor, seeing as his usual area of origin/time spent was Zaun. Thoughts?))
Original Characters do not have to be associated with the three city-states, I have mentioned, to enter. However, Champions and Champion-Class Characters are the target group for the first rule. I will put your Character into consideration, along with Trixy.

AskKarthus

07-31-2012

(( I would participate, but Karthus would be wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy unbalancing. ))

Broshevick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

((I would love to participate in this, the character I would put up would be Kyo. I'm not sure how you would classify her fossils, as magic or weapons, but she would only be using three of them, Drayke, a triceratops, and a saber tooth tiger, that be used either as summoned creatures or as an enhancement to her own body, whichever you prefer. Her miscellaneous would probably be summoning the creatures to play with really. Her motivation for going would be her own memories of losing people and wanting to help out other people avoid that pain, if you are willing to let me come, that is, this sounds neat))

TheShadowOfChaos

07-31-2012

((I will join with Phantom, as I have one question. Phantom can create any weapon fitting the situation. Does this count as item originating or magical abilites. Also the point that Phantom can warp shadows into any kind of attack/defence spell, I want to see what can you nerf on my guy to fit your requirements. Finally one last thing, can I use two ocs at once or just one. Once you give me the critique I will post the skill set so you can see. ))

Kiang Li

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfChaos View Post
((I will join with Phantom, as I have one question. Phantom can create any weapon fitting the situation. Does this count as item originating or magical abilites. Also the point that Phantom can warp shadows into any kind of attack/defence spell, I want to see what can you nerf on my guy to fit your requirements. Finally one last thing, can I use two ocs at once or just one. Once you give me the critique I will post the skill set so you can see. ))
It is more preferred for the Character to have a low rating in magical capabilities. However, I will let you rock in if you can create a good motive to why you are letting yourself be hired as a mercenary or a bounty hunter.

Guys n' gals, please try not to have mages that can pretty much do anything. However, I have already put Kyo in approval due to the motive, meaning that he/she is exempt but I will still be compromising the bone-power.

TheShadowOfChaos

07-31-2012

((Phantom for one is Kyo's lover and he understands from Blackheart's experiences how it would feel to be ripped away from a loved one. Phantom is also a man of personal morals, he will help those in need, especially those with situations including souls/lives/loved ones. Also Phantom, even though he is a fool/ass/idiot at times, when things get dark or serious, Phantom seems to turn darker, more focused, and obviously serious. His humor will also be limited.. To make it so that Phantom will not be so op. I will make his shadow magic weaker due to a special training he is going through. If you let me in I will set up the skillset and see if it is good for your specs.))

Kiang Li

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadowOfChaos View Post
((Phantom for one is Kyo's lover and he understands from Blackheart's experiences how it would feel to be ripped away from a loved one. Phantom is also a man of personal morals, he will help those in need, especially those with situations including souls/lives/loved ones. Also Phantom, even though he is a fool/ass/idiot at times, when things get dark or serious, Phantom seems to turn darker, more focused, and obviously serious. His humor will also be limited.. To make it so that Phantom will not be so op. I will make his shadow magic weaker due to a special training he is going through. If you let me in I will set up the skillset and see if it is good for your specs.))
Are you able to confirm that?