The PVP.net client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyWillYourHands

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

I'll try to make this as easy to understand as possible.

Basically why I'm making this thread is, I and many of my friends have problems with our client because our computers aren't exactly high-tech. What I'm suggesting is making some sort of a lower memory using (or "lite") client, because honestly, 400mb of ram to click a play button seems insane to me. My PC only has 1014mb, (that's 0.99mb of ram, not even a gigabyte) and the client takes half of my ram. I've had people tell me to buy a new computer. Obviously if I could I would but I can't, and I'd like to be able to enjoy the game anyways.

Usually when I'm playing, my fps drops and I realize it's because most of my ram is being eaten by the client so I have to end it in the task manager, and if I do that, the client won't come up after the game so I have to re log in after every game. It gets old after a while.

Honestly I don't even use the store anymore because when I use it it makes it use another 200mb of ram. This isn't an over exaggeration either. I'd think the Lite client would remove the news things, the youtube (flash player takes a lot of ram) and spectator. This way it'd only take like 100mb max and it'd make my and many others' gameplay much easier.

I have friends who can't play because their PC's are worse than mine and I'm sure if there was a smaller client it'd be easier for them to be able to enjoy the game.

I hope this gets read and taken into consideration.

Thanks for reading

inuira

Recruiter

07-31-2012

I strongly agree with this. My computer is almost as bad as his and I have the same problem. Every game I get made fun of for having a toaster and therefore so I don't load slowly I have to end the client every single time. When you have to open league over and over again after each game, it makes my comp lag even more because of the constant huge memory getting open again and again.

Support, thanks for making this post. I hope riot can make a smaller lite client.

atrxlol

07-31-2012

I agree with you because Mr. InuYasha up there does too.

MyWillYourHands

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrxlol View Post
I agree with you because Mr. InuYasha up there does too.
We both LOL'ed at this. You made my day. Thanks for the support bro.

MyWillYourHands

07-31-2012

Bump
mts

MyWillYourHands

07-31-2012

Bumping, is anyone going to read this?:/

Recon1991

08-01-2012

I feel you on this one. I've got 2gb of ram and that 400mb of ram freed up makes a big difference. I have to force close my client everytime i start a game just to make sure my system doesn't lockup after 30-40 minutes of gameplay.

MyWillYourHands

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon1991 View Post
I feel you on this one. I've got 2gb of ram and that 400mb of ram freed up makes a big difference. I have to force close my client everytime i start a game just to make sure my system doesn't lockup after 30-40 minutes of gameplay.
Yeah I get really low fps, and once I'm done loading (it takes literally 3-4 minutes for me to load with this pc) the client makes it lag MORE so it takes like 1min til I'm in the game, and people are like OMG HURRY UP COME FOR THE FIRST BLOOD and stuff like that

That Other Guy

08-01-2012

While they definitely should perform some optimizations to reduce memory usage, the reality is you shouldn't expect your dinosaur of a computer to be able to run the latest games if you don't upgrade it.

BTW RAM doesn't cost that much, what type of RAM does your PC use?

LightningMace

Recruiter

08-01-2012

My friend has problems getting into the login screen and he has likea really fast computer and i have no problems and i have a pretty slow one. plz help or fix