Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gangplank question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimV1ndicator

11-09-2009

When using Gangplank a passive effect called scurvy comes up. It only says that Gangplank has scurvy. Using remove scurvy removes this temporarily but it comes back. My question is, does scurvy have any actual effects or is it just there?

DogOfThunder

11-09-2009

Scurvy is just kind of there. It's done for flavor purposes as having a skill called "Remove Scurvy" makes no sense unless he actually has, well, scurvy.

Guess

Recruiter

11-09-2009

What the hell good would a pirate be if he didn't have scurvy? That's like a bathroom without an aroma therapy candle.

GrimV1ndicator

11-11-2009

Haha, thanks guys!

DarkenDragon

11-11-2009

dont take my word for it, but I believe scurvy debuff is a dummy debuff used to trigger the usability of "remove scurvy"

if you notice, many skills require certain requirements before they can be used, so the way I believe this ability is used is that it also removes moving imparement debuffs, but in order for this ability to be usable, you must have a moving imparing debuff on you before your able to use it, and scury is probably just that, except its value is probably 0

if this debuff wasnt there, then you wouldnt beable to use it for a heal when there are no movement imparing debuff on you.

they could code it in such a way so that it doesnt show up, but they probably left it in just for the flavour and it is the simpliest way around the problem without recoding a ton of stuff