How I can beat him ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falkryus

07-30-2012

Is there a way or Irelia have a chance to beat Darius in top ?

Xanthian93

07-30-2012

Honestly, the only way I can see (and this is coming from someone who has never played Irelia) is to get the jump on him early. Darius is weak pre-level 6 so if you can take him out before then and feed off him as much as possible, than post-level 6 will be a little bit more bearable.

As for anything specific, I'm the last person you want to ask. But you have a chance. Good luck.

DrWhippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthian93 View Post
Honestly, the only way I can see (and this is coming from someone who has never played Irelia) is to get the jump on him early. Darius is weak pre-level 6 so if you can take him out before then and feed off him as much as possible, than post-level 6 will be a little bit more bearable.

As for anything specific, I'm the last person you want to ask. But you have a chance. Good luck.
This guy is wrong completely. Darius is not weak pre-level 6 on account of the high damage from his hemorrhage with his Q. He just gains that added true damage ult which is icing on the cake.

You should use irelia's kit to try and trade better than him by keeping the hemorrhage stacks to roughly 2-3. You do this by stunning him initially, hiten styles until your have 2 stacks and then Qing out. The most important thing is that you don't take the full damage from his Q and you can bait it out, feigning a Q onto him and instead using it on a nearby minion. You win in the longer term since darius has no innate sustain like irelia does.

Hilta

07-31-2012

Let him push, ward>-gank him. If you get 2 kills/levels ahead of him, trade and push to his turret, just because you can farm better than him and kill him whenever your summoners/ult comes off cooldown. Easy lane.
Like what DrWhippy said, initially hit him with E, AA, hit W, AA twice, Q, you can chase him off with ult and ignite for the kill. Darius is like Rumble, he either snowballs uphill or downhill.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Teemo, yorick, kayle, kennen, vlad, jayce, jax....

nione

Senior Recruiter

07-31-2012

asd

Ozymil

07-31-2012

Don't be afraid to rely on your jungler! Let him know that you're going to have a hard time against Darius (or any champ that can be annoying top, for that matter). If you want to keep playing as Irelia and continue to encounter Dariuses (Darii? Darien? Darioo?) either play it safe and farm or go on the offensive with your jungler.

shintoscythe

07-31-2012

There is a difference between being able to vs. a champ in melee combat, and being able to win on farm and win in lane.

Crank River

08-01-2012

mordekasier mordekaiser

mo-mo-mo-mordekaiser

Risiblë

08-01-2012

Don't Trade with him and get help from you jungler