Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mordekaiser players...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N0OBPWNr

08-07-2012

Unfortunately most of these are not valid. Boots/3pots is the way to start 80-90% of the time, in ranked at least. If you watch pro players, they always start boots, on any mid champ. Same for morde.
Regrowth is not a bad item to start, its just what can you upgrade it into? FoN? No... not on AP morde. Philos stone? No. 13 health pot ward? Not bad, gives great sustain. But a competent enemy will DEFINITELY have their jungler camp you, all day, Ans you're only escape will be flash. Needless to say, you'll die several times. Also, I find that movement speed quints are good on him. Just not sure how many to use

awosominator

08-07-2012

mord kills everything,you don't run
they do.

ProPlayerEd

08-07-2012

Quote:
Incorrect

Revolver -> Kage's -> Rylai's -> DFG

And I'd really recommend Sorc boots. Morde has pretty low cooldowns anyways, so he gets a lot more from the pen anyways.

I just want to say that Morde doesn't need the Rylia's unless his team has 0 CC.

When it comes to Morde, he is one of the slow characters but personally I never had any moment in my life playing Morde when I thought " He's so dam slow! " mainly because tier 2 boots and a few points in the Utility tree is enough speed to move around!

I don't like the MS quints on him because he isn't suppose run, he should be blasting at the enemies!

He doesn't need speed to fight!

Spell Vamp, Health regen, or Ap Quints are much better for him.

For Morde, the best defense is OFFENSE!!!!!

Hope this clears a bit up.

Engrish

08-07-2012

If you're afraid of ganks then stop pushing!!! Or buy 1-2 wards on your way back. With 75g you can push safely, farm an entire 2-3 minion waves, and potentially save yourself.

Morde is not supposed to be fast which is why I prefer other AP champs with good mobility or CC (Ahri, Morgana, Veigar). But Morde is very fun to play and very strong!!

If I want good early game sustain I buy 1 regrowth pendant and 1 HP pot. This is if I know the enemy is going to have good harass. However, this will slow down my build and I eventually sell the regrowth pendant.

If I see an easy lane, I generally go for boots+3 HP pots. After I farm enough for a revolver, and then I can spam spam spam my abilities.

Another safe way to farm is to put your shield on your minions (preferably siege minion). When your minion goes to attack other minions, your shield will do damage and kill them.

And I agree with ProPlayerEd. For Morde the best defense is offense. Try to attack the enemy first before they attack you. Or quickly attack some minions.

OdinLegend

08-07-2012

That's what Rylais is for. make them slower than yourself