Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Mordekaiser players...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etherimp

08-01-2012

Quote:
BloodraiderX:
boots 3x heal pots
warmongs
CDR boots
yeah gluck killing my morde huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

O and smart cast all spells but selfcast W. gg op morde

No and no and no.

BloodraiderX

08-01-2012

no boots 3x heal bots? gluck dodge dem skill shots if your solo mid

warmongs no? guess you dont play morde

CDR boots? guess you have tried it before?
i go mid with that build. and in 3s and it works. so try it before you nonono thx

Don Fish

08-01-2012

its simple to not get ganked as morde, if your vsing a good lee sin then your in trouble but if not u just keep your lane well warded at all times so you can freely farm,

win will

08-01-2012

Mord dont need to run he just 1v5

Etherimp

08-01-2012

Quote:
BloodraiderX:
no boots 3x heal bots? gluck dodge dem skill shots if your solo mid

warmongs no? guess you dont play morde

CDR boots? guess you have tried it before?
i go mid with that build. and in 3s and it works. so try it before you nonono thx

Boots 3 pots is "okay"... But I prefer either 13 pots, or Regeneration Bead and 6 pots. It sustains you for long enough to afford a Hextech Revolver, and boots.

CDR boots, I have tried.. But since I buy DFG, I do not need CDR from boots, and Sorcerer Shoes or Merc Treads are *always* better on Morde, since DFG should be a core item.

Warmogs is a waste of an item and a HUGE waste of money. If you're buying large quantities of health on Morde, you're doing it WRONG.

I have played Morde on and off for over a year.. Back before he was nerfed.. And Warmogs has never been a good item on him, ever.

If you want health, get Randuins.

Saboteur JW

08-06-2012

I find regrowth pendant + pot superior on Morde. Health regen means ur not punished for mistakes as badly n you can lane longer.

Health is always a bad idea on Morde assit does not scale well with the mechanics of mordes abilities. Ideally the enemy should always be hitting your shield so its silly to build health. Warmogs suits coli as hisssive is % health regen. You want ap damage items which also have situationally either armour or MR. (After hextec for spell vamp). The armour or MR also apply to your shield so its harder for them to drop you to your health.

Additionally don't push tower or overextended without knowing where every other champ is, full stop. Morde is one of the easiest to overextended with the no escape. Simply resist the urge.

Beyond this, zhonyas is great for armour, MR and freeze for overextending late game because of the 2 second freeze.
While laning drop wards, don't overextended. If you need to run, pop your ult on someone defensively as a quick shield boost

Excuse spelling mistakes, wrote on my phone at work. It's not letting me edit properly and autocorrect changed a few words around. Don't let the spelling discredit the content.
Also before I'm spammed with people saying don't choose an item based on your mistakes in regards to regrowth, I think everytime the opponent in lane drops your health rather than shield you made a mistake. Also it's multi purpose, restoring health and in doing so your ability to attack more frequentl whialso allowing to lane longer = more gold which helps mid n late game. Never into warmogs, as a last item to buy turn it into force of nature if they have fed ap. Otherwise situationally sell

EternalKing

08-06-2012

Quote:
Etherimp:
Boots 3 pots is "okay"... But I prefer either 13 pots, or Regeneration Bead and 6 pots. It sustains you for long enough to afford a Hextech Revolver, and boots.

CDR boots, I have tried.. But since I buy DFG, I do not need CDR from boots, and Sorcerer Shoes or Merc Treads are *always* better on Morde, since DFG should be a core item.

Warmogs is a waste of an item and a HUGE waste of money. If you're buying large quantities of health on Morde, you're doing it WRONG.

I have played Morde on and off for over a year.. Back before he was nerfed.. And Warmogs has never been a good item on him, ever.

If you want health, get Randuins.

im sorry but if you really need 13 pots to sustain as morde in lane your bad with morde. simple. boots nd 3 pots should be enough to help u sustain in lane til you can get 1275 gold. enough to buy revolver nd a ward. nd as a morde player. there are 2 runes set up ive saved. one is ms quints magic pen red armor yellows(you get auto attacked a lot if the enemy ap mid is 1/2 decent) nd flat mr. and the other one is same thing except flat ap quints when enemy doesnt hve an aggressive jungler. or ive janna on my team. and Always run MS quints if enemy team as janna. or your never gonna be able to chase.

vynzs

08-06-2012

I use 2 quints and the 2% speed in utility.

HMS BUTTPEE

08-06-2012

Quote:
BloodraiderX:
boots 3x heal pots
warmongs
CDR boots
yeah gluck killing my morde huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

O and smart cast all spells but selfcast W. gg op morde

Incorrect

Revolver -> Kage's -> Rylai's -> DFG

And I'd really recommend Sorc boots. Morde has pretty low cooldowns anyways, so he gets a lot more from the pen anyways.

Etherimp

08-07-2012

Quote:
EternalKing:
im sorry but if you really need 13 pots to sustain as morde in lane your bad with morde. simple. boots nd 3 pots should be enough to help u sustain in lane til you can get 1275 gold. enough to buy revolver nd a ward. nd as a morde player. there are 2 runes set up ive saved. one is ms quints magic pen red armor yellows(you get auto attacked a lot if the enemy ap mid is 1/2 decent) nd flat mr. and the other one is same thing except flat ap quints when enemy doesnt hve an aggressive jungler. or ive janna on my team. and Always run MS quints if enemy team as janna. or your never gonna be able to chase.

I don't think I ever said I NEEDED 13 pots. I said I prefer Regen Bead and 6 pots... and I don't USUALLY need 6 pots.

As Morde, I generally get a little harass off, push the lane, then go get wraiths, and come back for more farm/harass.

Morde is a HUGE gank target. People LOVE to gank him because they know he's weak early game and has no escapes other than summoners. If they see that I am always at full hp and 1/2 the time I am out of the lane, they are much less likely to bother ganking me, which means I can easily farm enough for a Revolver, Boots, 2 wards, and possibly start getting a Kages Lucky Pick.

Anyway, it's a matter of preference and I prefer Regen Bead and 6 Pots.. If I feel I am going to get ganked early or I'm up against a very skill shot based opponent, I may take boots and 3 pots instead.

Furthermore, go tell Dyrus he's bad for going 13 health pots, idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_-7JrHemY0

Notice how he can stay in lane forever, spam his abilities, and practically ignore Brands harass while he farms.