Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is there a "Mute ALL" option?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OctoberSky

09-10-2010

I want to know if there is a way to mute ALL. And by ALL I mean the channel, not all players. Basically I want to mute anything from the other team and anything from my team to the other team. I have zero use for it, and 19 times out of 20 the conversation is not conducive to good community or helping me in the game in any way.

I have tried taking the initial 1:30 spawn time to manually just mute all the enemy team, but I've had problems with people like xxXx11!11 ○æîÜ╢ !!11xxxoO
<.<

You get the idea. Thanks.

Controlled By Me

09-10-2010

You can type /ignore enemy (Or was it /mute enemy? I think ignore, not 100% sure though!) and /ignore ally, but you do have to type them every game.

You shouldn't mute your team though... This is a team game. Muting them will only give your team a (quite big) handicap.
If it turns out they really are annoying, you can still mute them.

OctoberSky

09-10-2010

Wait... do you mean, if I literally type "/ignore enemy" that ignores the whole enemy team in one shot?

I would never "/ignore ally". It would always be on an individual basis if they were really annoying.

Sacred123

Recruiter

09-10-2010

well, if you want to mute the channel, you leave the channel.

a derp.

Controlled By Me

09-10-2010

Quote:
OctoberSky:
Wait... do you mean, if I literally type "/ignore enemy" that ignores the whole enemy team in one shot?

I would never "/ignore ally". It would always be on an individual basis if they were really annoying.

That's exactly what I meant. It got added 2 patches ago (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=218626) (It's on the bottom of that post)

Stillhart

09-10-2010

Quote:
Sacred123:

a derp.

Are you (quite rudely) saying I can /leave the all channel??

AgentQ

09-10-2010

You cant leave. but yes typing /ignore enemy will mute them for you

Leib Olmai

09-10-2010

Added two ignore options: "/ignore ally" for ignoring the allied team and "/ignore enemy" for ignoring the enemy team

OctoberSky

09-10-2010

Quote:
Sacred123:

a derp.

Ah yes, a waste of air....RIOT please Ban this moron.

As to everyone else THANK YOU! I am one who normally reads patch notes, but missed that.