[Discussion] Singed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gathox

11-09-2009

Which build is better overall?

Build A (credits to DT777)
1. Regrowth Pendant -> Philosopher's Stone
2. Boots of Swiftness
3. Rod of Ages
4. Archangel Staff
5. Force of Nature
6. Banshee's Veil

Build B
1. Regrowth Pendant
2. Mercury Treads or Boots of Swiftness
3. Chalice
4. FoN
5. Sunfire
6. Banshee

Issues
1. I just started trying out build B but I find that it kinda has mana problems, while when using Build A, mid to late game I can basically turn on poison for a while and not have to worry about it draining my mp.
2. Build B gives more hp, def, and mr, is that extra hp, def, and mr going to make a huge impact?

Also is build A considered tank or ap singed?

Thanks in advance.

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2009

A I would consider a hybrid. Personally I feel like your first build is much better. The second build seems to be all over the place. Build A seems more balanced.

Gathox

11-09-2009

I also prefer A but I wanted to create a more tank singed so I could benefit the team more. Any suggestions on improving B?

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-09-2009

1. Regrowth Pendant
2. Mercury Treads or Boots of Swiftness
3. Chalice
4. FoN
5. Sunfire
6. Banshee

With build B this seems decent. I also see people stack heart of gold early for the gold bonus and it's cheap for good hp. Two mana regen items seem like a waste to me, if you are going tank build you shouldn't need that much mana regen. If you replace chalice with heart of gold I feel this would be a bit better. Otherwise seems pretty solid to me.

Gathox

11-09-2009

There is only 1 mana regen item in build B and even with the chalice I could probably do 2-3 throws and my usual poison in a team fight because I'm low on mana and can't do much.

Possibly the mana problem I experience in build B is caused by my habit of keeping it on in build A, but I'll have to try it on build B again when I have time because the last game I used it on, it was a 3v3 game and they were all new players.

Also if I go Philosopher's stone>BoS or Mercury>HoG>...then I can average out the mana regen (I think) while also averaging out the def and mr, while increasing gold flow. I'll have to give that a try later, I guess.

Mizerable

11-09-2009

Philosopher stone and chalice give mana regen so yes you do have 2 mana regen items in build B. It's tough to say there are many ways you could build him. I have seen success on stacking all heart of golds, I have seen success on warmogs armors, I have seen success on guardian angel, you really have to adapt to the enemy team if you are going tank build IMO.

Gathox

11-09-2009

Actually build B only have regrowth>shoes>chalice, build A is the one with Philosopher's stone :P

Lawlerkats

11-09-2009

I submit the following, but it's not mine. I use it though.

Regrowth Pendant -> Philosopher's Stone
Boots of Swiftness
Rod of Ages
Force of Nature
Rod of Ages
Banshee's Veil/Frozen Heart

And of course, Philosopher's Stone can be sold for another item.

Riot Zaps

Oceanic
NOC Technician

11-09-2009

I've personally found that keeping a close eye on your use of poison will go a long way to removing mana problems. (and that when runes exist, mana problems pretty much cease to exist)

A poison hit goes for 4 seconds after they leave poison, if you judiciously use it against creep/champs early, with small bursts (1s) you can save up to 3/4 of the mana used, and it becomes quite effective damage / mana. (even at level 1, it's 88 damage for 14 mana)

I don't generally take any mana regen items except for Catalyst as part of the Rod of the Ages.