Zyra - Creative Design Ask Me Anything

First Riot Post
123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Did her self-preservation event, at any point, ever inspire a Resurrection ability for her passive?

I really think Rise of the Thorns seems very bland, as if it's missing something epic...
Like a "Revive within their corpse if you kill an enemy champion" sort of thing.

Dr Toenail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Still waiting for my Varus tattoo picture Skribbles >: /

How does Zyra feel about the trolls? I presume they live within her vicinity, does she have any problems or connections with Trundle? I feel like Trundle is very ignored in in-canon interactions with other characters and it'd be nice to see someone he's met before his days of the league.

KeberYue

07-30-2012

Was the human which met with Zyra in her jungle someone well known in the LoLniverse?

Raz al Ghul

07-30-2012

Is Zyra's passive her in her original plant form?

What can you tell us about the Plague Lands that she hails from?

Has the remainder of Zyra's original plant species died off?

What are her goals now that basic survival needs are less of an issue?

She doesn't seem to have the ability to empathize or feel emotions on a human level, is she just driven towards maintaining her own survival or driven towards gaining more power, kind of like Xerath? I don't see what her goals are, and if she has values like normal human beings have, or if the plant aspect of her still reigns supreme in that respect.

Does she have an inner struggle between her human side and plant side now that she's merged the two together?

Felfire

07-30-2012

Ahri and Zyra both transformed into "humans" do they show any feelings to each other?

Longsworder

07-30-2012

Does she care at all about the Solari/Lunari issue, or do matters of human society not concern her?

Does she have an opinion on Fiddlesticks, what with his form being a protector of plants?

How does she feel about the various fire-wielding champions of the League? Brand, Annie, Shyvana...

Does she feel any kinship for Ahri, what with both of them originally not being human and both feeding on humans to become like one?

Does she have an opinion on what happened to the Twisted Treeline, the magical poisoning that managed to create Maokai?

Eph289

07-30-2012

So Zyra said she used her newfound magic to make herself a "human" form.

First off, why join the League? Easy meal ticket?

Second, for a human form, she obviously got . . . ahem . . . *some bits* correct, but other parts (the four pointed ears) are an obvious divergence from human anatomy. Why?

Is Zyra considered human now, or a plant? I don't see her putting down roots, so I'm guessing she metabolizes through direct ingestion (eating), rather than photosynthesis. The biology of it all makes my head hurt. Does she still eat people for nutrition?

Snailygoat

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skribbles View Post
Hello!

It's time for another AMA on Zyra, Rise of the Thorns! Send me your questions and I'll do my best to answer them. Since this is a rather boring intro, I've also included a riddle you can guess while you ask questions. (I make no claims to be a poet, so excuse the sloppy metre.)

Riddle
People always want to get to me.
I am rarely seen.
I take what I want from my vicinity.
And turn it into green.
LoL has always had a version of me.
But none better than when Zyra hit the scene.

What am I?
Jesse Perring, not because he is the right answer, but Jesse Perring cannot be considered wrong...

Between Zyra's sneak peak artwork and her reveal artwork(now the default), I had 2 very different vibes coming from them. From the sneak peak, she had the sort of Ahri feel to her, where for example she might taunt people on the roads to follow her into their demise. But she certainly had a more human feel/look to her. But from her reveal artwork she seems to have a much darker look to her and is more unnatural and scary(in a good way!). Were there any changes made after her reveal to her lore or appearance that affected this? Or was it all planned that way?

Bowieneko

07-30-2012

How would Vayne view someone such as Zyra?

TalLavi

07-30-2012

Did anyone in the creative design team in Riot brought up the subject of Zyra making out with an enemy Ahri once she is hit by charm?

If not you should fire the whole department and hire new people instead.

123456 ... 9