What is Vladimir role in the team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Incendiax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
Incendiax, it's an honor to have you in my thread! :D

I've read your entire guide countless times, it really helped me understanding some basic aspects of this champions. I can't follow your rune suggestions (the best I can do atm is MPen, Flat Armor, Flat AP, Flat AP), but all the rest I follow to the risk and I can't play good anyway. I even saw some of your videos, but at least on the 2 videos I saw from your guide, you didn't play well too (I'm not trying to offend you, really, you even said during game you were not making good decisions against LeBlanc). I might be doing something wrong during my gameplay, but I don't know what I should do, since I've never seen a match where Vladimir was doing great. I don't know his potential (and that's why I posted this thread). I tryed to watch some League Replays and to spectate some featured matches with Vladimir when there is one, but seriously, I only see him dying and being of poor use to his team. Do you have some video suggestion? I only watched one that your team lost the match and another that your team won, but LeBlanc owned Vladimir on mid.
LeBlanc is REALLY tough for 90% of AP mids. The best advice I can give you is this;
Learn to stack your E before/after fights, and maintain that. 50% of your 'burst' comes from a four stacked E. It does the same damage as your transfusion + 50 or so more. Only thing you need to worry about is using it at the right time, otherwise it can kill you.

No offense taken! I'm working on a commentary of a game I did, i'll be uploading it within a week. [:
Add me and we can play sometime? I expect to be online tomorrow (saturday) around 9~10pm EST.
also I suggest you watch the vs Kennen and vs Gragas games if you want to see some good combo chaining to get kills.

Vlad works well against Malz, Veigar, and a few others. I'll explain more later, phone is dying. GL HF broseph!

Ouroborous HD

08-03-2012

if you are trying to dominate with vladimir that alone is part of the problem. vladimir is powerful on his own but is esay to counter due to his predictable methods of attacking. on the other hand if you stop trying to dominate with vlad and work more on synergizing your combos with your team then vlad becomes a true threat. in a fight vlad is only as strong as how many team mates he has near him. his ult is meant to buff his team and the rest of his kit is their to provide an AoE threat so that the enemy is forced to spread out from each other thereby making it harder for them to sync their abilities. as for build you want to be powerful on AP but not in the way that leaves you with zero defense in a situation where they focus you.

Judas Priest

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incendiax View Post
LeBlanc is REALLY tough for 90% of AP mids. The best advice I can give you is this;
Learn to stack your E before/after fights, and maintain that. 50% of your 'burst' comes from a four stacked E. It does the same damage as your transfusion + 50 or so more. Only thing you need to worry about is using it at the right time, otherwise it can kill you.

No offense taken! I'm working on a commentary of a game I did, i'll be uploading it within a week. [:
Add me and we can play sometime? I expect to be online tomorrow (saturday) around 9~10pm EST.
also I suggest you watch the vs Kennen and vs Gragas games if you want to see some good combo chaining to get kills.

Vlad works well against Malz, Veigar, and a few others. I'll explain more later, phone is dying. GL HF broseph!
Thanks for your tips! I tryed to change some aspects of my gameplay, like not getting into the middle of the fight, trying to do the whole combo AA + E + Q for harass and R + E + Q + W + (Zhonya's Hourglass if I'm almost dying and cooldowns aren't ready yet) E + Q. I could kill Karthus a lot of times in lane phase and I could really help my team in team fights. I scored 17/8/15 (and I had some very unnecessary deaths). This is the first time I was able to play well as Vladimir

Maybe I just got lucky, but I am hopeful now. I'll try some more games now. If I find out that I can play as him, I'll buy more appropriate runes for him.

Judas Priest

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkzero1 View Post
if you are trying to dominate with vladimir that alone is part of the problem. vladimir is powerful on his own but is esay to counter due to his predictable methods of attacking. on the other hand if you stop trying to dominate with vlad and work more on synergizing your combos with your team then vlad becomes a true threat. in a fight vlad is only as strong as how many team mates he has near him. his ult is meant to buff his team and the rest of his kit is their to provide an AoE threat so that the enemy is forced to spread out from each other thereby making it harder for them to sync their abilities. as for build you want to be powerful on AP but not in the way that leaves you with zero defense in a situation where they focus you.
What do you mean by "trying to dominate"? Maybe I'm doing this and that should be the problem.

Ouroborous HD

08-04-2012

by trying to dominate i mean you are attempting to be like jax, hyper carry and all that, this is not what vlad does. vlad sticks to his team and provides a buff for them while being an AoE threat. if you can secure a kill im not saying dont get it im saying dont be like jax and try to secure when its absolutely certain you will die. jax can do this because he is jax and he is broken.

Ur little sister

08-04-2012

The problem of prolongued fights is that I can't do burst damage and I die fast.

Positioning!

Yes, Vladimir is a beast as a minion killer, he can destroy an entire minion wave in less than 1 second if his E is stacked 4 times and he has already lots of AP. Concerning this early game setup, I follow the masteries and items Incendiax suggests on his mobafire guide. As for runes, I don't have a lot of diversity, the best I can do is this:

marks: MPen
seals: flat armor
glyphs: flat AP
quints: flat AP

Yes, I can play easier on top than mid.

But how can Vlad denies his laning opponent if he is squishy, slow and do little damage in early game? I can only start to harass around level 9 or 10 when I get my hextech revolver and start building some AP items.

Positioning.

The problem with sustained fights is what I've mentioned above, I can't do burst damage and I die a little easy, specially because his E costs health.

positioning is really important in this.

What do you mean "bait opponents into something"?
Bait them into fighting you when you have an advantage they didn't account for.

Judas Priest

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur little sister View Post
(...)
Bait them into fighting you when you have an advantage they didn't account for.
Could you give me an example? I don't think I get it... and concerning positioning, I think this might be one of the problems in my gameplay. How can one learn positioning, besides trial and error?

Ralph Lars

08-11-2012

Another thing you ought to take in consideration is WHEN to use your pool. Instead of just popping your pool as soon as you get in a bad situation sometimes it's better to wait for the enemy to use his skill and quickly pool it, thus wasting his skill and avoiding damage from it.
Examples?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSEmg8bij7Q

Commissar Vexx

08-11-2012

Your job as vlad is to ult carries and burst them down. Use your pool to move over to carries burst them down and then hourglass the aggro away.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2012

That last post is just misinformation. Vlad's a DPS mage with an amazing team fight ult. Not an assassin.