What is Vladimir role in the team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
Thanks for the help, but I concluded that this champion just sucks. He isn't of as much help as other champions on team fights, he can't do as much damage either, he sucks as a tank too and if you use your W as an offensive move, you might just end up dying, because he is slow and has no other scape. I regret spending 6300 IP on him, I wish I could have my IPs back to buy a better champion.
He was picked or banned in 7/22 games in this weekend's tournament in Poland, and it's unlikely that pro players would pick or bother banning a champion who sucks. What you probably meant to write is that you concluded that you suck at playing him (I'm godawful at him too when I've tried him during free weeks, which is why I haven't bought him).

When VODs from this weekend's tournament become available, watch some of the games he was used in, or find VODs from a previous tournament - he's a pretty common pick. It should help give you a better idea of how he should be played.

Judas Priest

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by powwder View Post
tides of blood at max rank does 180+45% ability power. so lets say you have 400 ap thats an additional 180 damage making it 360. each tides of blood puts a stack on him making it do 25% extra damage. so 360, 450, 540, 630, 720. thats assuming the 25% increase doesn;t stack with itself and works on his base 360 damage.

hemoplague. at max rank the target takes an additional 18% damage from everything and takes 400+75% ap damage. so again with 400 ap thats 700.

thats a lot of aoe damage in a team fight with only 400 ap.

with his passive you can build straight ap and still be tanky. with 400 ap he gets an additional 560 hp from his passive

so...

1) his role is an ap nuke, do damage, blow things up

2) early game he pokes and farms.....his early game is weak. once he gets to about 6 he'll be good because he can farm forever and will probally have a revolver then giving him unmatched sustain.
mid game you farm some more and participate team fights (this is easy since tides of blood clears minion waves quickly). late game you just blow people up.

3) top or mid. top because most tops are melee bruisers so they get owned by his sustain/range once vlad gets a few levels.....remember vlad is weak early. he can ranged farm and once he gets like rank 3/4 transfusion he can harass like a boss.
mid because its the shortest distance to tower, pool+flash and you should never die. if you do die thats your fault

4) he gets strong once he gets revolver and a decently high level of transfusion. now hes not strong in the sense that he will burst people 100-0 instantly but at this point he can farm forever, ,he can aoe clear minions with tides of blood and will hit hard in pokes and exchanges.

5) you should be feared because like all ap casters you do a lot of damage, but you are more tanky than most and have a pool that makes you invincible for 2 secs so they either wait for you or can;t burst you down for those 2 secs. think of it like having a hourglasses, or if you cought an hourglass think of it as having 2 of them.....thats op right?

6) weather you get the kill doesn;t matter, its weather you win or not. for combos, if i know a team fight is going to start i start stacking tides of blood so the 2-3 times i use it in the fight are at max damage. combo wise just ult as many people as possible and tides of blood as soon as its up and transfusion. the trick is using your pool, there are some times you use it offensively some times you use it defensively, this will determine if you are garbage with vlad or not.

oh and a final note.....everyone knows baron buff is a game changer right? the buff grants 40 ap and 40 ad. 18% damage > 40 ad/ap

have a nice day.
Thank you very much, I'll think about it. I never stack 4 Tides of Blood because I always lose too much HP. Also, I've never seen a Vladimir doing burst damage. Do you have any video that you suggest? I would love to see this, then maybe I could learn what I'm doing wrong.

Judas Priest

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
He was picked or banned in 7/22 games in this weekend's tournament in Poland, and it's unlikely that pro players would pick or bother banning a champion who sucks. What you probably meant to write is that you concluded that you suck at playing him (I'm godawful at him too when I've tried him during free weeks, which is why I haven't bought him).

When VODs from this weekend's tournament become available, watch some of the games he was used in, or find VODs from a previous tournament - he's a pretty common pick. It should help give you a better idea of how he should be played.
Really, was he banned? This might mean something indeed. What is VOD? How can I get access to these videos? I really need to watch some good Vladimir players to try to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I don't want to give up this champion.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
Really, was he banned? This might mean something indeed. What is VOD? How can I get access to these videos? I really need to watch some good Vladimir players to try to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I don't want to give up this champion.
http://www.leaguepedia.com/wiki/Euro...Picks_and_Bans - banned 3 times, picked 4.

VOD = Video On Demand. If you check some of the other tournaments on that wiki you can look through the picks/bans to find Vlad games and then watch the VODs that are linked. Also look for games featuring Vlad in the featured games of the LoL client main stream to spectate.

Ur little sister

07-31-2012

1) Vladimir is a tanky mage, leaning towards the dps type (archetypes: Karthus, Cassiopeia). He loves prolongued fights, because of his rather weak burst but low cooldowns. He scales well as fights get stretched over longer periods of time.

2) He should be doing what he can, like all champions. Help your team destroy the ennemy nexus. If you're wondering what he's good at: he has an abusable laning phase, but if he gets through this he is one of the hardest snowballing champions in the game. Once he gets ahead in lane he can choose to keep shoving it out morgana-style, or just deny his opponents off the creep wave entirely.
The great difficulty of Vladimir is deciding which early game setup (runes, masteries, starting item) you're going to take. There are several viable options that all influence your laning phase in different ways.

3) Top or mid. People "prefer" him top right now, but I'm guessing that has more to do with top players doing so than with actual experience. Also mind there are very little players who are actually good at bot top and mid. Anyway, he has some insane hardcounters which he should avoid at all costs (and they're mages, which might be why some people don't pick him mid much), but beyond that he's an amazing pick in either lane.

4) That really depends. Once he can start denying his laning opponent is when he gets strong. When that happens depends largely on matchups and player skill. He should aim to actively deny his opponent at this point OR powerpush the lane and steal jungle camps. Both tactics abuse the fact that when given free roam, he snowballs into a monster.

5) In longer sustained fights he is a monstrosity. His Q and E deal good damage, and the lack of significant cooldown mean Vladimir is a sick source of magic damage pummeling your team. His ultimate amplifying his team's initiation is pretty annoying too, and the fact that you need a serious investment to actually kill a vlad is an issue as well. Mind he's also a very strong pick against dps mages in general, as he can outskirmish them due to him not relying on skillshots, and he still scales as hard as them into the lategame.

6) Smart players can avoid getting killed by him. But NOT getting zoned. You can still try to zone and deny your opponents when you get ahead, and it leaves them just as crippled, and you get complete free farm. Getting a kill with vlad usually means you'll have to bait opponents into something.

Rouge Nightmare

08-03-2012

Omg i cant believe that you just said vlad sucks. He is worth what u paid for, you might not know how to take advantage of his strenghts but he is super strong top champ. Against ad brusiers he easily outdamages them with his ranged harrass. The best thing its that its super hard for them to kill you. Just back n harrass, if they tower dive you just R-E-Q-W. If u do that under tower it will wreck them.. with your ulti the tower damage is amazing.

In team fights your main job is not to go in first. Ur job is to use your skills n back off. If they dont attack u just keep auto attacking or pool under them n use ur skills again. If ur getting focused then pool away. I almost always go positive with him. But i always get over 200 cs even in short games. Watch that dyrus guy he has amazing vlad videos.

Incendiax

08-03-2012

I outline all of this information in my guide, if you want a serious in-depth look at him from a skilled Vladimir player.

Guide currently has 2.8million views and four build paths on it, each different.

Not going to link it directly, but Google "Incendiax Vladimir" if you're interested. If you have questions, feel free to shoot me a message on the website.

Judas Priest

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur little sister View Post
1) Vladimir is a tanky mage, leaning towards the dps type (archetypes: Karthus, Cassiopeia). He loves prolongued fights, because of his rather weak burst but low cooldowns. He scales well as fights get stretched over longer periods of time.
The problem of prolongued fights is that I can't do burst damage and I die fast.

Quote:
2) He should be doing what he can, like all champions. Help your team destroy the ennemy nexus. If you're wondering what he's good at: he has an abusable laning phase, but if he gets through this he is one of the hardest snowballing champions in the game. Once he gets ahead in lane he can choose to keep shoving it out morgana-style, or just deny his opponents off the creep wave entirely.
The great difficulty of Vladimir is deciding which early game setup (runes, masteries, starting item) you're going to take. There are several viable options that all influence your laning phase in different ways.
Yes, Vladimir is a beast as a minion killer, he can destroy an entire minion wave in less than 1 second if his E is stacked 4 times and he has already lots of AP. Concerning this early game setup, I follow the masteries and items Incendiax suggests on his mobafire guide. As for runes, I don't have a lot of diversity, the best I can do is this:

marks: MPen
seals: flat armor
glyphs: flat AP
quints: flat AP

Quote:
3) Top or mid. People "prefer" him top right now, but I'm guessing that has more to do with top players doing so than with actual experience. Also mind there are very little players who are actually good at bot top and mid. Anyway, he has some insane hardcounters which he should avoid at all costs (and they're mages, which might be why some people don't pick him mid much), but beyond that he's an amazing pick in either lane.
Yes, I can play easier on top than mid.

Quote:
4) That really depends. Once he can start denying his laning opponent is when he gets strong. When that happens depends largely on matchups and player skill. He should aim to actively deny his opponent at this point OR powerpush the lane and steal jungle camps. Both tactics abuse the fact that when given free roam, he snowballs into a monster.
But how can Vlad denies his laning opponent if he is squishy, slow and do little damage in early game? I can only start to harass around level 9 or 10 when I get my hextech revolver and start building some AP items.

Quote:
5) In longer sustained fights he is a monstrosity. His Q and E deal good damage, and the lack of significant cooldown mean Vladimir is a sick source of magic damage pummeling your team. His ultimate amplifying his team's initiation is pretty annoying too, and the fact that you need a serious investment to actually kill a vlad is an issue as well. Mind he's also a very strong pick against dps mages in general, as he can outskirmish them due to him not relying on skillshots, and he still scales as hard as them into the lategame.
The problem with sustained fights is what I've mentioned above, I can't do burst damage and I die a little easy, specially because his E costs health.

Quote:
6) Smart players can avoid getting killed by him. But NOT getting zoned. You can still try to zone and deny your opponents when you get ahead, and it leaves them just as crippled, and you get complete free farm. Getting a kill with vlad usually means you'll have to bait opponents into something.
What do you mean "bait opponents into something"?

Judas Priest

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace9resist View Post
Omg i cant believe that you just said vlad sucks. He is worth what u paid for, you might not know how to take advantage of his strenghts but he is super strong top champ. Against ad brusiers he easily outdamages them with his ranged harrass. The best thing its that its super hard for them to kill you. Just back n harrass, if they tower dive you just R-E-Q-W. If u do that under tower it will wreck them.. with your ulti the tower damage is amazing.

In team fights your main job is not to go in first. Ur job is to use your skills n back off. If they dont attack u just keep auto attacking or pool under them n use ur skills again. If ur getting focused then pool away. I almost always go positive with him. But i always get over 200 cs even in short games. Watch that dyrus guy he has amazing vlad videos.
Oh, I'm doing the opposite in team fights, I don't use my skills and back off, I try to get in the middle to use my E properly, after my R, but then I totally die. Maybe that's why I'm dying so much. I'll look for some of this Dyrus guy videos.

Judas Priest

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incendiax View Post
I outline all of this information in my guide, if you want a serious in-depth look at him from a skilled Vladimir player.

Guide currently has 2.8million views and four build paths on it, each different.

Not going to link it directly, but Google "Incendiax Vladimir" if you're interested. If you have questions, feel free to shoot me a message on the website.
Incendiax, it's an honor to have you in my thread!

I've read your entire guide countless times, it really helped me understanding some basic aspects of this champions. I can't follow your rune suggestions (the best I can do atm is MPen, Flat Armor, Flat AP, Flat AP), but all the rest I follow to the risk and I can't play good anyway. I even saw some of your videos, but at least on the 2 videos I saw from your guide, you didn't play well too (I'm not trying to offend you, really, you even said during game you were not making good decisions against LeBlanc). I might be doing something wrong during my gameplay, but I don't know what I should do, since I've never seen a match where Vladimir was doing great. I don't know his potential (and that's why I posted this thread). I tryed to watch some League Replays and to spectate some featured matches with Vladimir when there is one, but seriously, I only see him dying and being of poor use to his team. Do you have some video suggestion? I only watched one that your team lost the match and another that your team won, but LeBlanc owned Vladimir on mid.