What is Vladimir role in the team?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

07-30-2012

I've been playing Vladimir for some weeks and I just realized that I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm confuse and I would really appreciate if you guys could clarify some aspects to me:

1) What is his role in the team? What is his importance to the team, as a team component?

2) What should he be doing in early game, middle game and late game?

3) In which lane should he be? Where is the best place for him?

4) When does he get strong? What is he supposed to do when he is strong?

5) Why should he be feared by the enemy team?

6) I can only score assists... can he kill anyone? What are his combos?

Palmerfan

07-30-2012

1. He is a tanky burster with his skillset
2. Farm early game, harass a ton mid game, get your ultimate off late game
3. Top lane is probably the best, but mid works too
4. He gets strong around level 9 with a revolver or wota; at that point, try to harass the enemy out of lane
5. He should be feared by the enemy team because of massive AoE damage output in teamfights, as well as being hard to kill.
6. Why should you care about getting kills? So long as there are red numbers next to the enemys' names and you are pushing objectives, you are doing it right.
His combo for teamfights is flash>E(Skip if you think you will get bursted)>R>W

Also, make sure you have 4 E stacks before the fight. You will do a lot more damage.

Judas Priest

07-30-2012

- What do you mean by "get your ultimate off late game"?

- You say Vladimir is a burster, but can he really do burst damage? I can never kill on 1x1.

- You say it doesn't matter if I'm not getting kills, as long as I'm pushing objectives. Which objectives should Vladimir do?

- And in your suggested combo, is the last W a offensive mover or is it a scape of the middle of team fight?

Flameo4

07-30-2012

-His ultimate is what helps teamfights because it increases your allies damage on whoever is affected by it so getting that ult on everyone would really help a fight

-If you cant kill anyone in a 1 v 1 either you dont have alot of ap or they have alot of magic resist

-Vladimir is a great pusher in my opinion because he can easily kill waves of creeps with his e so just push a lane i wouldnt suggest backdooring but he is a good pusher

-well in a teamfight your w would be a more offensive move because you can affect the entire enemy team if your ult is on them and so more damage i guess

Hope this helps

Judas Priest

07-30-2012

Thanks for the help, but I concluded that this champion just sucks. He isn't of as much help as other champions on team fights, he can't do as much damage either, he sucks as a tank too and if you use your W as an offensive move, you might just end up dying, because he is slow and has no other scape. I regret spending 6300 IP on him, I wish I could have my IPs back to buy a better champion.

ProPlayerEd

07-30-2012

Quote:
Thanks for the help, but I concluded that this champion just sucks. He isn't of as much help as other champions on team fights, he can't do as much damage either and if you use your W as an offensive move, you might just end up dying, because he is slow and has no other scape. I regret spending 6300 IP on him.
You can't conclude that this champion in general sucks but the fact that your play-style doesn't fit along with this champ.

I love vlad as he gets very strong late game with high damage and lots of sustain.

Quote:
He isn't of as much help as other champions on team fights
If you saying that 12 % increase in all damage isn't helpful then I don't even know what helping is anymore :/.

Quote:
he can't do as much damage either and if you use your W as an offensive move
It shouldn't be offensive, it's for dodging skill shots and CC while dealing a bit of damage. You should have thrown out your R, E and Q then pool while your team deals an extra 12% increase of damage to your opponents. By the time you pool back up you should still throw out your E and Q to completely destroy the enemies but you will most- likely get focused.

When I get out of my pool form, I don't anticipate on surviving but I know that at the price of my life, we won the team fight.

Quote:
because he is slow and has no other scape
Yes Vlad is a bit slow, which is why I use MS quints so I can poke with Q quickly and get out quickly.

Also, 2 seconds of invincibility ain't good enough for you? You can avoid soo much with that Troll Pool! You it when a CC or skillshot is on it's way to you so the spell is on cd and completely wasted!

Hopefully this changes your mind about Vlad. He is really special to me

Judas Priest

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPlayerEd View Post
You can't conclude that this champion in general sucks but the fact that your play-style doesn't fit along with this champ.

I love vlad as he gets very strong late game with high damage and lots of sustain.

If you saying that 12 % increase in all damage isn't helpful then I don't even know what helping is anymore :/.

It shouldn't be offensive, it's for dodging skill shots and CC while dealing a bit of damage. You should have thrown out your R, E and Q then pool while your team deals an extra 12% increase of damage to your opponents. By the time you pool back up you should still throw out your E and Q to completely destroy the enemies but you will most- likely get focused.

When I get out of my pool form, I don't anticipate on surviving but I know that at the price of my life, we won the team fight.

Yes Vlad is a bit slow, which is why I use MS quints so I can poke with Q quickly and get out quickly.

Also, 2 seconds of invincibility ain't good enough for you? You can avoid soo much with that Troll Pool! You it when a CC or skillshot is on it's way to you so the spell is on cd and completely wasted!

Hopefully this changes your mind about Vlad. He is really special to me
Vlad is very special to me too, I was hoping that someone came here and said that "Vlad doesn't suck, you are the one that suck"... I wish I could believe that I am the problem and that I am not playing it right, because I would have faith in this champion potential. But I am sincerily doubting that Vladimir can be a better option than other champions. I'm just too frustrated of just losing when I play as Vlad, since I win most of my games when I play as Fiddlesticks or Ashe =/

powwder

07-30-2012

tides of blood at max rank does 180+45% ability power. so lets say you have 400 ap thats an additional 180 damage making it 360. each tides of blood puts a stack on him making it do 25% extra damage. so 360, 450, 540, 630, 720. thats assuming the 25% increase doesn;t stack with itself and works on his base 360 damage.

hemoplague. at max rank the target takes an additional 18% damage from everything and takes 400+75% ap damage. so again with 400 ap thats 700.

thats a lot of aoe damage in a team fight with only 400 ap.

with his passive you can build straight ap and still be tanky. with 400 ap he gets an additional 560 hp from his passive

so...

1) his role is an ap nuke, do damage, blow things up

2) early game he pokes and farms.....his early game is weak. once he gets to about 6 he'll be good because he can farm forever and will probally have a revolver then giving him unmatched sustain.
mid game you farm some more and participate team fights (this is easy since tides of blood clears minion waves quickly). late game you just blow people up.

3) top or mid. top because most tops are melee bruisers so they get owned by his sustain/range once vlad gets a few levels.....remember vlad is weak early. he can ranged farm and once he gets like rank 3/4 transfusion he can harass like a boss.
mid because its the shortest distance to tower, pool+flash and you should never die. if you do die thats your fault

4) he gets strong once he gets revolver and a decently high level of transfusion. now hes not strong in the sense that he will burst people 100-0 instantly but at this point he can farm forever, ,he can aoe clear minions with tides of blood and will hit hard in pokes and exchanges.

5) you should be feared because like all ap casters you do a lot of damage, but you are more tanky than most and have a pool that makes you invincible for 2 secs so they either wait for you or can;t burst you down for those 2 secs. think of it like having a hourglasses, or if you cought an hourglass think of it as having 2 of them.....thats op right?

6) weather you get the kill doesn;t matter, its weather you win or not. for combos, if i know a team fight is going to start i start stacking tides of blood so the 2-3 times i use it in the fight are at max damage. combo wise just ult as many people as possible and tides of blood as soon as its up and transfusion. the trick is using your pool, there are some times you use it offensively some times you use it defensively, this will determine if you are garbage with vlad or not.

oh and a final note.....everyone knows baron buff is a game changer right? the buff grants 40 ap and 40 ad. 18% damage > 40 ad/ap

have a nice day.

TheOneMillion

07-30-2012

Vlads damage after his E and Q are maxed is quite scary actually. And he just keeps pumping it out.

Nevercrysis

07-30-2012

Vlad is a average champ. Normally I will use him at top, because he can be an offtank. However, take note that is you play him well and be OP, but there are alwayd better top champ.

If you are going to use him as main, think twice. xD