banning warmogs in proving grounds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fiaz

07-28-2012

hi so i played a ton of aram since its been released and i noticed that i havent won a single game when all the enemy team takes warmogs
i just played a game and all there team had it
there team was like:
leblanc
varus
taric
shen
wukong

and even if most of these champions dont work well with warmogs (exept shen of course) the still all got it

and after that well all you team focuses lets say varus or leblanc but you cant do shi and they have too much health regen

so yeah maybe just remove it from proving grounds maybe even create a health item to replace it bu just one that dosent go on every one.

:P

mrocznykiciak

07-28-2012

Why to try balance Proving Grounds?

Lazreal

07-28-2012

people just don't like randumb now do they.

fiaz

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrocznykiciak View Post
Why to try balance Proving Grounds?
well yeah
i know its random so teams will still be sometimes op sometimes plain bad but if a whole team buys warmogs and stomps everyone at some point everyone is going to buy warmogs and there wont be any variety any more and aram will becoma grind...

GrimoireM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Warmogs tends to be what keeps most melee characters (Udyr, Pantheon, Skarner, etc.) effective at their job on the Proving Grounds. It's hard to instantly focus them down once they get one, which is the point of the item, but it's not impossible. You might want to start getting Kitae's or DFG if you see a heavy melee comp stacking giants belts. It'll prove more effective in the long run. Most times though (ie. With maybe one or two frontliners), just a slow will be enough. Rylais, or Mallet will help you out immensely on suitable characters.

I'm honestly more concerned about Sweeper being too effective on the map. It's cheap, does it's job amazingly well, and it's hard to deal with unless you're shaco.

XCodes

07-28-2012

Go figure, on the map where tanky late-games are important, Warmogs is a really good item...!

Dragoon14th

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

well put koggy maw, vayne, brand, jar, allistar. GET kog and vayne get blood razer and rest ad tank item and get brand DFG with AP HP items and let jar and allistar one get FH one get MR reduction aura and tank item. THERE goes down the other team.

let put i this way kog and vayne has their own Hp razor to stack with a razor and letting the tank CC and let brand fire magic whittle down their hp. In 4 sec one or 2 will die that is if KOG and vayne FF one at a time. or replace Brand with EvE ult what ever suit ya fancy cant believe no one has tried this yet.

Irelia Bot

07-29-2012

This is justified given that it was done in dominion for the same reason. a player was able to camp and with fon get helath back fast enough that they didn't have any real threat unless a team effort was made to get them dead.

But that being said FoN might be a better item to have banned given that it is .35% health every second.

I got FoN, warmogs and boots of switfness on garen and would run in get almost killed then just sit back for a minute and be near full health again. I had to intentionally die just to get randuin's.

Lumiera

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP616 View Post
This is justified given that it was done in dominion for the same reason. a player was able to camp and with fon get helath back fast enough that they didn't have any real threat unless a team effort was made to get them dead.

But that being said FoN might be a better item to have banned given that it is .35% health every second.

I got FoN, warmogs and boots of switfness on garen and would run in get almost killed then just sit back for a minute and be near full health again. I had to intentionally die just to get randuin's.
Unless I'm mistaken the -healing aura on Proving Grounds affects FoN.

JustMyBassCannon

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syshina View Post
Unless I'm mistaken the -healing aura on Proving Grounds affects FoN.
Last time I played Proving Grounds, it didn't have the -% healing effect. Just increased gold generation, mana regen, and a steady XP over time gain.