Why do people always blame the jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sokolniki

12-24-2012

I have never felt the need to blame my jungler for anything unless it's a Jarvan that ults ontop an Ez and doesn't bother pressing R again to lower it.

That's about the only time I feel the need to rage at the Jungler.

Something I noticed watching tournaments, when a bottom lane is forced to recall or get killed during a gank, an aggressive support will follow their jungler for a bit in some counter jungling, and after trying it myself, found it to be a very productive practice as long as I'm back in time for the enemy to return to lane. It pays dividends in the flow of the game if you can force a kill or recall on an enemy jungler that face checked into me in the brush while the jungler was stealing some creeps nearby, usually forcing the enemy mid into a passive stance and relieving pressure on our mid if they see us killing their jungler right behind them. If they attempt to peel from lane and assist their jungler, our own mid joins, and it's still a one champ advantage in our favor. It's also a prime opportunity to ward their side of the jungle and possible take control of the whole map as a result.

BlackSparkz

Recruiter

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durf24 View Post
Like the title says, I am curious as to why the jungler is usually blamed for losses.

Played a game a few days ago, played jungle Udyr, we lost that game and I was bombarded with insults and hateful comments by my teammates. They claimed that I never ganked, my reasoning for not ganking too often was 1. because most of the time all lanes were pushed and 2. every time I did gank, my team would just leave me to die while they stood behind the turret watching.

My fault? Maybe but I've seen other junglers play games quite similar to this and I feel that it isn't their fault and yet they are the ones to receive the blame. I'd like to hear other opinions on this matter.
As someone who used to main top and is switching to jungle, I would recommend getting your laners to let the enemies push, or to freeze lane towards the middle of the lane. Tell them that you cannot gank from one side of the map because you can't move that quick, and that you would lose farm. Make sure to give a heads up in chat while ur still jungling before you gank so that your teamates are aware of your gank. If your teamates rage at you as a jungler, you can ignore them, or explain to them with specific evidence how they are doing bad, and you are not.

Nile Strom

01-09-2013

I had a game were this garen top was losing hard to this gangplank I was warwick he got so whinny in game and I told him I had to hit level six for a gank so I took my time hit six well he died twice in lane and once was a rammus gank he lost his lane hard I was able to come up top and get him a kill on to Gangplank and he still gets mad at me for not being there to hold his hand for the whole game.

I love it that some people get that you can't do it all as a jungler if you want a gank then try using a pink ward helps your jungler get there ask once or twice then calm down you need to wait it out and farm I can't just magically win you the lane if you fall behind early I can help put you back in but your still behind.

Ballistik

01-09-2013

They blame the jungler because they cant freeze the lane and they overextend and expect the jungle to bail there dumbasses out.. i never call out the jungler , because i dont over extend my lane and when i do i step back and let the lane come back to center again...

RUpavlic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Junglers are blamed because everyone wants a gank from him, but junglers can't be everywhere at once and they need to farm jungle also

Hirumonogatari

01-10-2013

well. the question is "why blame the jungler" isn't it?

the answer is really simple. if you lose say top lane, who are you going to yell at (not that you should at all, but supposing you do) bot lane? that's silly, you can't expect them to abandon lane and come all the way up. same for mid. so who do you point your finger at? the jungler, obviously.

don't take their words to heart. as long as you are not making any bad plays, you should be fine.

Uncanny Doom

01-10-2013

It's easy to blame the jungler because people think they're only there to help you when you're doing bad, and if you're always doing bad, well...you blame the jungler an awful lot.

Taoquitok

01-10-2013

I'm sure it has been said a million times, but I had this happen yesterday so I want to vent to.

Ganks are a privilage and dependant on numerous factors.
1. How is the jungler's route going? If you've been counter jungled you could be under-level and so not able to gank straight off.
2. is your lane over extended? if so then no I will not gank your lane in the vast majority of cases and yes I will laugh at you when you get ganked after I point out you're over extended.
3. there are 3 lanes. just because you feel you need a gank does not mean you need it most. My favourite example is when top is in a good stale mate, neither can kill each other so neither is fed, neither is over extending. Yes on paper this sounds like a good place to gank.. but I'm not going to if our bot or mid are being pressured hard and needing the baby sitting.
4. Why don't you go gank another lane? "because I'm in my lane". yes well my lane is the jungle, not going out of my way to gank when you haven't stated whether they've warded or you're not winning to initiate the gank (requirement for a successful gank in most cases) causing them to blow the odd defensive cd allowing me to come in and lock them down. If you really want those kills, go gank another lane. Roaming is a brilliant way of putting the other team on the edge.

slayersamelia

01-10-2013

I hate to see junglers blamed for failed lanes.

For my part I always tend to play a lane as if the jungler doesn't exist. If I'm mid I go about my business and work on winning my lane solo and gank top/bottom if the situation allows. I similarly only push if I've warded or I'm sure I can get to safety if I need to. Same if I'm solo top etc.

Too many times to me it seems like people set themselves up to lose and expect the Jungler to essentially be a duo partner for top or mid, or a third wheel for bot lane. Whilst the Jungler can help lanes, often people are impatient, they push hard and lose or (I'm sure this will shock some people) they are just up against superior opponents!

Jungling is probably the hardest job. There is so much you have to balance from farming to ganking to buff control, dragon and counter-jungling. On top of that you have to often be in the right place at the right time and be able to work with total strangers on the fly to pull off ganks etc. That's why I don't play it regularly and can only consider myself an average jungler if I have to take that role.

Do I like jungler ganks when I'm solo top or mid, or even support/adc? Of course I do and if it happens then great. But there is a lot of things for the jungler to do in a game, so I help out by doing my job first and foremost. If I am losing a lane then I communicate that to the team - if that means I get ganks then that's cool, but similarly the odd gank even if successful might not be enough to turn things around. The jungler might be better off helping to snowball another lane instead. Who knows? He does I guess and I'll let that be their call to make.

Unless you are watching the jungler 24/7 (to the detriment of your own play), then you have to have faith that they are performing their role to the best of their ability. Just like everyone else on your team

Minos157

01-10-2013

Jungle - MORE GANKS
ADC - MORE DAMAGE
APC - LESS FEEDING MORE PENTAS!
Support - MORE WARDS
Top - MORE TANKY

Lets face it every lane has one specific thing that a bad/negative player will blame them for and pin the loss on them. My best advice if you blame a position for something standard like above stereotypes? Play every position for a few games. I used to be someone who though the jungle needed to gank more often so we could win (I never said it in chat I don't get down on my team mates), then I started playing jungle and I realized how hard it is to be a pro ganker, it takes a lot of practice and map awareness.

Sometimes games just don't go as planned, the bot lane gets super pushed and the adc can't free farm despite the supports best efforts. Sometimes the ward coverage is poor because the support can't make it safely to get wards out, sometimes the mid lane gets caught by a good play or two and can't snowball. Every position is hard and no one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes or gets caught by a strategy they haven't seen before.

The moral of the whole story is to never blame anyone for a loss (Aside from obvious intentional feeders/super trolls or something) and rather blame the team as a whole, ask what everyone could have done different to make the game a W instead of an L.

P.S. Please add own normal blame stereotypes if you wish.