Why do people always blame the jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XCodes

07-30-2012

I was bot with a Taric/Graves combination one game, and we were doing pretty well against, IIRC, an Ezreal/Blitz. We were doing well on our own, that is, and by simple nature of having Graves vs. Ezreal our lane was always pushed up a little.

That said, our WW camped bot. He ran in for ganks *so many times (pretty much every time he was bot)* and didn't get a single kill or any decent Ults off. Meanwhile, their jungler was camping Top, and Top was getting *raped*.

So yes, I blame the Jungler for that loss.

Nevercrysis

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCodes View Post
That said, our WW camped bot. He ran in for ganks *so many times (pretty much every time he was bot)* and didn't get a single kill or any decent Ults off. Meanwhile, their jungler was camping Top, and Top was getting *raped*.

So yes, I blame the Jungler for that loss.
In that case, we can understand. He didn´t have mapawareness at all.

-----------------------------------------

I played laner and jungler, and normally ppl blame jungler unfarily:

1) Your jungler did not kill? There are many gank purposes: To free farm and some pressure from enemy laner; to waste enemy´s escape skill or spell(Flash) and come back to gank again later; or to kill. Make sure to communicate with your jungler.
2) Jungler cannot be everywhere. If a top laner is losing, Jungler gotta help if his presence there can be a great help. And he may not be able to gank your land while he is help another ally to survive.
3) Coordination and Communication. Both jungler and laners have to communicate in order to get a successful gank.
4) Know what your jungler does. Jungle gotta know his enemies well, but if you know how he will gank, from where he will come, and how you, as laner, can make every gank count. For example, Shyv can´t cc, so, if your champ can cc an enemy first, it can help lots!
5) When counter jungle, Jungler should inform closer laner, so, you can help too. And be sure to be there if it´s needed... and it can give your team great advantages, or kills to you. xD
6) If you are losing your land badly, do not complain if jungler does not appear. Jungler should help only if he can make difference, otherwise, he will just appear to feed enemies with bad laners.
6) Laners, please inform if your lane is already warded by your enemies. It helps lots! It´s part of mapawareness.
7) WARDS! Lots ppl do not use wards and ask for MAPAWARENESS. A bot support that does not buy wards? Or mid too over extended without wards?? Top! Jungler can help you with wards, but be aware that you are the most ganked lane in this game.

Hope this can help

"There are no Noobs, only ppl who does not want to listen and learn!"

laxjoh

07-30-2012

Blame goes on jungler a lot if a lane is having difficulty and is being pushed against or if they are getting ganked a lot (which means they are pushing the lane). Regardless, junglers have the burden of dealing with the incompetency of a lane. Since I main Sona, I really can't do much about ganks other then try to sustain and utilize Power Chord as smart as possible... but I always take note to communicate with the jungler and give him better map awareness as well as helping him with blue buff if I'm at Purple team or red buff if I'm at blue team. Most of the time, I can tell it's not the jungler's fault although if your teammate asks for a gank or asks for aid, you should go regardless. If they leave you to die, it means they need to b badly. If they are going to b but they can help you get kills, then ping him and tell him to stay. If they don't listen, then I am sorry for you.

For instance, if I am Sona, I see that their jungler is setting up a gank bot lane against us, I will ping and ask for help immediately. If you don't come whatsoever and we get tower dived and killed, then you should have a VERY good reason for not helping us out (there's not a lot as now enemy carry is fed). If you were on your way but couldn't make it in time, then that's not entirely your fault. Sometimes you get held up and you do what you must. If you don't come at all and you're pushing top lane. But then, once again, if both top and bot lane are doing terribly, jungle can't be everywhere. People should learn not to overextend instead of blaming the jungler for his absence. Also, junglers might fall behind sometimes due to careless map awareness and preparation on the top and bot lane. There's more to top and bot than just farming. They need to assist the jungler in map awareness and coordinate ganks WITH the jungler, not wait for it to magically and miraculously come and save you.

So I'm on your side. Junglers get so much disrespect that is undeserving. With that said, I've had a good share of junglers who were absolute garbage.

AdmiralWin

08-01-2012

Look, first and foremost, ward. If you ward your lane, jungler's life is so much easier. He can counter jungle safely, know if your lane is warded, and generally have better map awareness. Really goes for everyone, but jungler especially since he has to roam.

As a jungler, some advise. Gank a lot. Playing shaco or Lee Sin or ali? gank at 2. Gank at 3. Gank at 4. Keep the pressure up.

Playing Noc, Hec, Mundo (can go both ways) or the like? Gank at 4. Gank a lot.

Playing WW? Sometimes Skarner? warn lanes b4 hand, no ganks until you hit 6. Hit 6 as fast a possible.

Now when and were to gank. Look for advantages. Extended lanes, Low life. Enemies without escapes. Level advantages. This last one is important. If your lane or you are 6 and they are 5, ganks are more successful than not.

Some advice. Getting the flash or other summoner skill is a successful gank. Even getting a health pot or 2 is a successful gank. Your gank is to give an advantage to lane, and by even doing 2 skills gives a health advantage. So keep ganking. You'll be a bit underleveled but that's alright. You'll snowball lanes.

have Good awareness. Get wards on objectives (buffs, dragon, baron) Know when to steal buffs, know when to push a tower or take dragon or back off. If you have 4 people and they are down 2, take dragon. WIth wriggles and smite, you'll get it very quick. Or take a tower. Be the leader and keep up pings and helpful advice.

Finally, get some help. Stealing a buff? ask for help and give it away. Need to gank? Get someone to push up and help. Want to gank an enemy jungler? ping for it. It's a team game. Use your teammates.

BloodraiderX

08-01-2012

Just as a heads up. when i was doing a premade with my freinds. one of my freinds who is indeed a troll. starting yelling at me for no reason. team wasnt paying to much attention to me so they almost believe my troll friend.

I asked my bro the next day why dude did you rage on me man? " well i had no one else to blame, i couldnt blame top or bot(he was mid) so i blamed you"

yep....

Several Knapkins

08-01-2012

I main jungler. I top lane when I need to, but I don't find that nearly as fun. A lot of people here seem to be a little misinformed, in my opinion, when it comes to junglers. Should you gank? Yes. Should you gank all the time? No. If you're against a good enemy team they will ward their bushes and not overextend. If you keep wasting your time trying to unsuccessfully gank and not farming jungle creeps, you will leave your jungle up to easy counter jungling and lose farm. This game is really just about farm. Depending on the champ, I usually go for an early level 2 gank. Recently I've been playing nautilus and it works wonders (remember to save your q for when they're running if you can). After that, I farm, gank after red, and gank when I can (when enemies are overextended/low on health/enemy jungler is across the map).

There are also several reasons not to gank, especially depending on the champs you're trying to gank. If top is super bulky and unlikely to go down, it will probably be better to focus on other lanes. When I first started jungling, I always ganked top - it was the easiest - but now, not so much. If you're top, you leave dragon completely open for an easy kill especially around the 10 minute mark. Further, your main carries are likely in mid and bot lanes, thus will likely to be able to do the most damage if snowballed, so I tend to focus there. This usually makes top lane yell at me for leaving them alone, but it usually pays dividends.

If you're laning, never ask for a gank. Junglers know times when it is opportune to gank and when it will be useless (assuming it's a practiced jungler). If the jungler is bot, 3 v 2 at tower, yeah, the jungler might gank, but at the same time, it might be better to gank top and steal the enemy buff. Usually the people who ask for ganks are those who have already fed their lane. They'll ***** and moan about no ganks, but don't realize if you did gank, you could likely feed two kills to the already fed enemy: better to focus on warding, ganking the other two lanes, and buff control. If your jungler isn't doing any of these: blame the jungler, but there is something to be said about all the utility a jungler brings even without ganks (e.g. map awareness, buff control, getting farmed off neutral camps, and stealing farm from enemy jungler).

/2cents

Engrish

08-01-2012

I tend to find the Jungler the best or second-best player on the team. o_O
Unless it's Evelynn jungling. Then I have no hope.

Sometimes people expect to much out of the jungler. When I play with my friends, I tell my friend to gank just to scare away the enemy. This will give me a couple minutes of good farm and keep the enemy cautious. Now, for the rest of the early game, the enemy will not overextend.

On the flip side, people expect the jungler to get the kill instantly. Then some overaggressive idiot will go "YEA! GET SOME BLOOD" and dive right into the fray, chase the enemy to their turret... and die. Then he whines and blames me and the jungler for not helping. Dude, you were the one who chased and died.

Tinůviel

08-01-2012

yap, being the jungler means having a high threshold for dealing with BULL**** from random bad laners. Now I'm not so naive as to say that junglers never mess up, never have an off game, or never let the lanes down. But everytime i've had to deal with some kid who was just raging at me its nearly always the same story: they lost their lane VERY early and proceeded to just be terrible all game. As it turns out, in the games where I legitimately made a mistake (messed up combo or whatever) and if it causes it to turn out badly, I almost never have to listen to BS from the lane. They realize that junglers have alot to do.

I think jungler is easily the most demanding job in League; perhaps thats why I love it but really who else has nearly as much to worry about? Farming can be mentally taxing but the burden gets easier as the game wears on. The jungler has to worry about 3 lanes, his farm, protecting his buffs/giving his buffs, timers for the enemy buffs, dragon, baron, timers for both and awareness of where enemy jungler is/isn't. On some level everyone should be aware of those but all too often its ONLY the jungler who is.

I used to get into verbal sparring with these ragers but I realized it was a problem that would never go away when playing with bads and so the key skill I learned was to laugh at it and when appropriate make their life more miserable such as by NEVER going to their aid. Hey if we're gonna lose anyway, i'm gonna make sure you suffer as much as possible for being a ******.

Commissar Vexx

08-01-2012

Jungling is my favorite position to play in the game. I can have the most or least effect on a game based on how my team mates play.

Sirius24

12-24-2012

blaming a jungler is like playing janna, its foolproof. For example if you were meaning to sheild someone and their at full hp then you can easily say you wanted the attack buff.