Why do people always blame the jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Durf24

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

Like the title says, I am curious as to why the jungler is usually blamed for losses.

Played a game a few days ago, played jungle Udyr, we lost that game and I was bombarded with insults and hateful comments by my teammates. They claimed that I never ganked, my reasoning for not ganking too often was 1. because most of the time all lanes were pushed and 2. every time I did gank, my team would just leave me to die while they stood behind the turret watching.

My fault? Maybe but I've seen other junglers play games quite similar to this and I feel that it isn't their fault and yet they are the ones to receive the blame. I'd like to hear other opinions on this matter.

XxFOWLAxxBOxX

07-29-2012

It's easier to blame someone else, then accept that you lost as a team. Keep your head up, and just try your best.

aKa Jepsi

07-29-2012

Communication is key. Just tell that lane to let them push your tower prior to ganking. Or just do my favorite and wait for the enemy jungler to gank and do a counter gank.

powwder

07-29-2012

the reason people blame the jungle is the jungle is susposed to help all lanes. therefore if they are losing their lane they feel the jungle needs to help them, which is true to a point. a good jungle will helps lanes that need it and feed people as well as conribute to map control

that being said a jungle isn't a god and can only do so much. if you keep getting bursted by le blanc or keep pushing without wards, there isn;t really anything he can do to help.

things everyone should know about a jungler.

1) they will not gank if the lane is pushed too far (some exceptions like ali or fiddle ult dive, otherwise you won;t get a gank)
2) they will not gank if you are not in a position for them to gank. if you are at like 10% life and the enemy is at 100% life, or if you are severly outmatched. in both these cases you are not fit to get a gank because the enemy will just kill you and probally get away.
3) ward so you don;t get ganked. if you get ganked, that was your fault not the jungles

Nicodemous

07-29-2012

I only blame the jungler if and when he allows a 1 v 2 lane to get raped while he camps lanes that are a fair fight and doing fine... in other words, I only blame the jungler when it is his fault...

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post
I only blame the jungler if and when he allows a 1 v 2 lane to get raped while he camps lanes that are a fair fight and doing fine... in other words, I only blame the jungler when it is his fault...
course, if you are pushing out past your tower, or at most past your side of river then it's your fault, because that's over extending on a lane you know will jack you up. If you are tower hugging, barely able to get any farm and they keep poking and threatening to dive you then it's the jungler's fault.

I agree with you, just expanding on what you said is all :3

HonorableGeneral

07-29-2012

The goal of any good jungler is to be the game changer by effectively winning the game during laning phase. His ability to scare enemies by map control (early oracle elixirs are always good), gank lanes to allow them to free-farm, and his buff/dragon/baron control make him a force to be reckoned with during the early and mid-game. By late-game, he devolves into just another bruiser or tank during team-fights, much like the solo-top champion and (sometimes) the support (if it's a tanky support like Taric).

That being said, a good jungler knows when bad plays are going to happen. Junglers can't carry, contrary to popular belief, and getting blamed for your team's loss usually isn't your fault. Quite the contrary, most games where people blame the jungler for the loss are usually lost because the lanes themselves were doing badly, not the jungler.

Since how well the jungler does is tied to closely to how well the lanes do (a jungler can't pull off successful ganks if the enemy gets fed, can he?), most solo players will blame their junglers when, in reality, they had lost their lane regardless of ganks.

This is not to say that the jungler is absolved of all blame. The jungler must share his responsibility of warding and map control with the rest of the team, and he must also execute ganks when opportunities arise. A jungler can be the fall of a team if he fails to gank despite many good opportunities to do so.

But what separates a jungler whose team was bad from a jungler who just didn't gank opportunistically? The following criteria should be taken into account when considering ganks:

1. Did the lane spot the enemy placing wards? If an enemy walks into gank brush, then it's assumed he placed a ward. Don't gank these lanes unless they're heavily overextended and you know you can win without the element of surprise.

2. Where are the relative positions of champions and minions? Is your team overextended or is theirs? If yours, not the time to gank. If theirs, prime opportunity to gank.

3. What are the health percentages of the champions? If allied champions are at higher (by higher, I mean several chunks, not just a sliver) health percentages than enemy champions, a gank is probably to your advantage. If they're low, check if the allied champion is baiting. If you can confirm he is (by his movements or in chat), take advantage of their bait and go in for the gank.

Gergosh

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post
Honestly that's really short sighted. There is a strong argument to be made that if lets say a top lane is 1vs2. The solo top is going to out level the other top two which will help make up for the lack of farm. Then since the other team can't have a jungler the other 2 lanes can get all the jungle focus and snowball to win the game. The top laner will end up a higher level with low cs but the other lanes will snowball so hard the top can just act more supporty and get carried by the snowballed lanes.

It is probably a better strategy than making top a 2vs2 with the other two having the advantage after basically free farming the entire game to that point. I'm not saying that the first strategy was his intention or what resulted from it but at least leave the possibility that its a viable strategy.

On that note junglers are always the victim of the worst lanes rage. If you don't gank that specific lane as much as the enemy jungler then your bad. Even if you out level, counter jungle, and out gank the other lanes; your still a bad jungler for not helping that one lane enough.

FlashJS

07-30-2012

People just don't understand that junglers can't both kill camps and get their lanes fed and watch for ganks and ward at the same time.

Amoc

07-30-2012

Junglers get blamed by bads mostly. You can blame your jungler for not helping, perhaps, if you have a bad lane matchup and you spend most of early game under your tower getting zoned and he doesn't help. If you're dying, however, that's purely your fault. Your feeding is ALWAYS your fault, not the jungle's, unless it's closer to mid game and you're getting tower dived 2 or 3 v1.